Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    What sort of kick you talking about, Jeff? I had two cigars today; started off with a Oliva V, which unfortunately tunneled like a mother and just destroyed the cigar before I could notice, which is too bad because it was a fantastic smoke. Later on, I had a Gurkha Legend box-press, which I actually really enjoyed, although it got really ashy toward the last few inches. Not sure what I'll have next; got a craving for a Rocky Patel 1992, but might default to a DPG Cuban Classic, or a Man o war. Been craving the robusto #2.
  • Options
    dew0150dew0150 Posts: 4
    Fairly new to this. Just finished a Vegas 5 Miami which wasn't bad. A little to big around for me but would smoke another one.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Just wanted to say hi to the boys. It's been a while since I have posted - it's a busy time... still infatuated with cigars - perhaps it's love. I am having a camacho diploma tonight great smoke. I had an Alex night - tried his "special mix" sol cubano it was good, and the ruination - it was better.

What happened to master duty? He alway treated his **** well. I haven't heard from Urbi since he let me out of his humi... I assume the dynamic duo are fine...

And Jeff those '32s are great aren't they. I like the miami also, but it's not the '32.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Smoked a padilla 32 tonight ...holy moly what a freight train of a cigar had to smoke super duper slow 2h for the robusto, spice the whole way though, with creamy sweet corjo flavors and a super long finish... some great aging potential on these guys with a little bit of time they will defiantly be better than the Miami's....... OK burn Iv noticed that all the padilla smokes iv had burn sortta funny but nothing major .....
    Sub question what is it about the cigar that gives the spice kick, im thinking it's the nicotine?? am I right?

I think it's more the sun drenched leaves at the top of the plant. Ligero leaves. There seems to be a lot of nicotine associated with those leaves, but the nicotine is not exclusive to the spice or pepper taste. The Camacho triple maduro has a real kick with the nicotine but it's a pretty smooth smoke. So I had say yes there is an association, but it's not the rule. I am sure someone will respond with a real definition. :)
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I actually didn't get any cigars in today, but yesterday I had a Decade around lunch and then a Vigilante Maduro later in the evening. Can't wait for tomorrow though, I have a pretty delicious line-up waiting.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I sat on my balcony watching the fireworks and enjoyed an H. Uppman Maduro Reserve. Good smoke with some great flavor! Nice med bodied smoke, very smooth, but did have to touch up the burn a couple times. Really considered having a DPG Cuban Classic after that, but figured since I had to drag my a$$ outta bed at 3:30 this morning I better call it a night and get some sleep. Tonight I'm thinking either my Ashton ESG or Serie V Maduro... Either one should be VERY enjoyable! Any thoughts on either of these?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    some people don'tlike the ESG as much as the Vsg but it depends on which year you got. The very first year these are hands down great ...the second year I had maybe I take the VSG over it ...
  • Options
    Just had a Defiance with three buddies, very good smoke as usual, even though mine had some burn problems. All three of us had one, and all three of those came out of the same humidor, but only mine had burn problems, lol. Oh well, it was still quite enjoyable. Looking at either that Opus X #4 or the La Aurora Preferidos a little bit later.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Just finished a J.C. Newman El Baton. Pretty darn good for only 4 bucks and change. I dont think I care for cigars with such a large gauge though. Great flavor on this but was way to loose and I had trouble keeping the wrapper burning. I hate how often my cigars want to smoke from the inside out. Ill get a perfectly even light and things will go great for the first inch or two then the wrapper will decide it doesnt want to burn. This one would have been excellent had it been a little thinner and more densly packed. Still a satisfying smoke.
  • Options
    CavguyCavguy Posts: 9
    Has anyone tried the CAO Camaroon 4x30 petite coronas? I thought I would try one and see if it is any good. If I like it I may pick up a tin of them since that would fit very nicely in the pocket of my uniform. Starting next weekend I will be spending about 9 days on ranges and dont really have time for a full sized cigar.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Watched the fireworks while smoking a 5 Vegas Classic. Nice little smoke, need to pick up a few more seeing as how this was my last one.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a few today. Started in the early afternoon with a Nub Connecticut courtesy of Fourto, a good smoke and a nice way to start off the day. A bit later was a La Flor Double Ligero chiselito maduro courtesy of bbc, another good one though I think I prefer the regular Ligero line a bit more. To end the night I decided on a Padron 1964 Imperial habano, a great cigar to watch the fireworks with, lasted every bit of two hours.
  • Options
    Ended up having the Opus, very good but not as good as the robusto. Of course, the robusto had about a year and a half on it, and the #4 tonight only had about three months on it.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    Had a few today. Started in the early afternoon with a Nub Connecticut courtesy of Fourto, a good smoke and a nice way to start off the day. A bit later was a La Flor Double Ligero chiselito maduro courtesy of bbc, another good one though I think I prefer the regular Ligero line a bit more. To end the night I decided on a Padron 1964 Imperial habano, a great cigar to watch the fireworks with, lasted every bit of two hours.

Glad you enjoyed it!
    I agree this little bad boy is a great way to start the day w a cup of coffee makes it even better.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Ended up having the Opus, very good but not as good as the robusto. Of course, the robusto had about a year and a half on it, and the #4 tonight only had about three months on it.

was that the one i gace you?

Started off last night with a La Herencia Cubana, wow what a super smoke. Next up was a Cao MX2, awesome and full flavored as always and ended with a RP Decade Toro. A good night!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    alienmisprint:

was that the one i gace you?

Started off last night with a La Herencia Cubana, wow what a super smoke. Next up was a Cao MX2, awesome and full flavored as always and ended with a RP Decade Toro. A good night!
    The Robusto was actually, I smoked it a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. It was my first Opus X and was definately not a let-down.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Went to the B&M I frequent and smoked a 5 Vegas Gold with 2 buddies. Went great and lasted 3ish hours (The visit, not the cigar). Probably shouldn't have put the year on it, didn't do much and actually made the cigar a bit bland, but this was a test and now I know that I should just smoke em fresh.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Tonight was a freshly purchased a Don Pepin Garcia JJ (I believe in a Toro size)

This guy, even though it was freshly purchased, was a fantastic smoke and burned almost 100% perfectly.

Nice rich smoke and although the draw was a little tight, the cigar was a good one
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Nothing! I smoked 4 in the past 24 hours and am smoked out!! I normally smoke 1-2 a week, so this was pushing it - Oliva O Habano, Ashton VSG, MOW Ruination, and an Oliva G Cameroon.
  • Options
    I started today with a Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve; graduated on to a fantastic CAO America Inside-Out perfecto. Unbelievable flavor with an imperfect burn. I hate burn issues, but I loved this cigar.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a few sticks yesterday. I had a ITC 10th Toro on the golf course, then a Padron 64 Natural exclusivo, then finished the night with a Tatuaje Miami Regio Reserva. All were superb.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Russ55:
    I tried a Gurkha Titan 2 today. It came with my first months order of the cotm. Against my better judgment I didn't even let it rest. It was a great smoke anyway, a little tight at the beginning, but loosening up after the first half. A very nice coffee taste the whole way through. I enjoyed it. Too bad they are priced as high as they are.
    They have occassional deals on these. I think a couple of months ago,, a box of 10 was $100.
  • Options
    SMoked a lot the past few days. Let's see if I remember all of it. Thursday I had a Gurkha Factum courtesy of Phoebes. THis cigar was good in the beginning but near the end it kept going out and gave me an amonia taste. I ended up letting it go around the 2 inch mark.

Friday, I started with a Nub Cameroon. Don't remember the size but it was one of the smaller ones. Then I had a Fuente 858. Last, I have a Nub Habano Torpedo. With some age, I can deal with these. No age and they are too strong for me.

Saturday I had a Don Diego Playboy. That was it for the weekend. I have a Partagas Serie S with me today. Not sure if I will get the chance to smoke it.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was a CI Legends Orange while chillaxing by the pool with my folks and after a great dinner, a Nording with 7 months on it really hit the spot. Thick rich chewy smoke, very enjoyable.
  • Options
    I just smoked and reviewed a really solid CAO Cameroon L’Anniversaire. I LOVED it. I was surprised by how much I loved it. I wonder what the Cameroon added, I'll try smoking other things with a West African Cameroon wrapper. Any ideas as to what I could smoke?
  • Options
    betasynn:
    I just smoked and reviewed a really solid CAO Cameroon L’Anniversaire. I LOVED it. I was surprised by how much I loved it. I wonder what the Cameroon added, I'll try smoking other things with a West African Cameroon wrapper. Any ideas as to what I could smoke?
    I personally enjoy an AF Don Carlos from time to time. Probably one of my favorite Cameroon wrapped cigars.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Most Fuente's have a Cameroon wrapper. The regular line, Hemingway, Don Carlos. I believe the regular Cohiba is also a Cameroon. Partagas is also. Then they are others like the Cusano Rare Cameroon, CAO CX2 which is a double Cameroon, Gurkha Royal Brigade, Gurkha Nepaleese Warrior and many more.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    The best Cameroon wrapped cigar I've had is a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet, the #1 size in particular. This is one of my top five cigars and a solid cigar if you can find one.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tonight was a RP vintage 1990 6x60 and a long walk

while on the walk i saw the space station fly over.

the cigar was ok but with many burn issues. I may have to have another something because tonight is gunna be a loooong night. i hate it when the wife is out of town.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    betasynn:
    The best Cameroon wrapped cigar I've had is a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet, the #1 size in particular. This is one of my top five cigars and a solid cigar if you can find one.
    I'll echo that...it is a fantastic stick.