Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    naughtnaught Posts: 56
    Saved a Nub for my big birthday party with myself tonight.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Mr. Naught!
    Your birthday parties sound like my birthday parties... I'll light a 5V Relic for your birthday tonight
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    gaberox:
    Had my first cigar in 8 days after working 7 days in a row. A RP Decade. Was like heaven, even drank a Rouge Mocha Porter alongside it at 10am ha ha. Looking forward to smoking a few more today if the rain lets up and allows me to take a trip to my favorite shop.

Gabe,
    Glad you like the RP decade, currently occupies the top position in my favorite smoke list.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Fourtotheflush:
    gaberox:
    Had my first cigar in 8 days after working 7 days in a row. A RP Decade. Was like heaven, even drank a Rouge Mocha Porter alongside it at 10am ha ha. Looking forward to smoking a few more today if the rain lets up and allows me to take a trip to my favorite shop.

Gabe,
    Glad you like the RP decade, currently occupies the top position in my favorite smoke list.

Same here as far as the Decade goes. Such a well constructed elegant smoke. The first 3rd is the best though. Such a clean taste.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    Your birthday parties sound like my birthday parties... I'll light a 5V Relic for your birthday tonight
    Why thank ya kindly!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I smoked a Sol Cubano Connecticut to compare to the Cuban Cabinet (which, I don't see the big deal about, to be honest...) and I must say, the Connecticut tastes significantly better. I'd say it's a nice, medium body that reminded me more of a habano seed sort of deal then connecticut.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im about to smoke a graycliff 1666 petit carona. i cant seem to find that this cigar exists even though i have one in the cello right in front of me. i can find the brand and the style everywhere, but the size...

was this a limited run size?

am i smoking a rarity?

if so, i hope its good!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im about to smoke a graycliff 1666 petit carona. i cant seem to find that this cigar exists even though i have one in the cello right in front of me. i can find the brand and the style everywhere, but the size...

am i smoking a rarity?

if so, i hope its good!
    And if it's not good, be glad there will be no more coming. HA!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Nestor Miranda Special Selection Rothschild
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Just had a Rocky Patel 1990, really enjoyed this one. I needed to let it sit in the humi for a few months, since the last one seemed so bland; it did the trick.
  • Options
    Had a 601 torpedo maduro today. Was damn pissed this thing was plugged as hell. Was already having a hell of a bad day as my father in law is in heart surgery. Luckily by cutting off the whole cap and massaging the hell out of it the 2nd half was smokeable and still pretty good. Though I really only enjoy the first 3 quarters of my cigars lately as they seem to taste cleaner and more complex at the first half or so. Funny, as when I first started smoking I mostly enjoyed the last 3rd of my cigars with that deep dark flavor they devolp. Lately not so much toward the end.
  • Options
    naught:
    nightmaremike31:
    Why thank ya kindly!

Im jealous as no one wished me a happy bday on mine. Albeit it was fathers day that day and Im a no one on this forum as of now.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I just finished a 601 green oscuro. It was a powerhouse! I almost burned my fingers. Awesome construction.
  • Options
    Going to have to try that as I loved the 601 maduro in the non torpedo size. Would have loved the torpedo had it not been plugged to high heaven.
  • Options
    Happy late b-day from a fellow proud nobody :)
  • Options
    gaberox:
    naught:
    nightmaremike31:
    Why thank ya kindly!

Im jealous as no one wished me a happy bday on mine. Albeit it was fathers day that day and Im a no one on this forum as of now.
    The forum rules here confuse me. Here's what I'd meant to quote :o

For a guy with ocd... god it sucks not being able to delete my own post :(
  • Options
    naught:
    Happy late b-day from a fellow proud nobody :)

why thank you kind sir. Better late than never. Especially appreciated from someone else with an ocd problem or ocd gift depending on how you look at it and or use it. Ocd can be quite beneficial at times.

Happy bday to you to sir. I hope you have more to smoke than just the Nub tonight. A bday should be no less than a 3 cigar day IMO.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Ocd can be quite beneficial at times
    Locking myself out of anything is impossible... since I must touch my keys 20 or 30 times before walking away from a lock... bonus ;)
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Had a RP Connecticut tonight that i have been sitting on for a while. Very enjoyable flavors with a wonderful creamy smoke. I didn't want it to end. I have some Verdadero Organics coming in soon so I hope those are good. I like flavorful smokes, mild or full, so I hope this live up to the hype.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a La Bonita Purple Label Mas Gordo, it was about the best hour and a half I have had in the past few days. Excellent smoke, these are on my short list of boxes to buy now. I owe a great, heartfelt thank you to Beta for turning me on to these. Beta, thank you.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I tried a Gurkha Titan 2 today. It came with my first months order of the cotm. Against my better judgment I didn't even let it rest. It was a great smoke anyway, a little tight at the beginning, but loosening up after the first half. A very nice coffee taste the whole way through. I enjoyed it. Too bad they are priced as high as they are.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had my first A. Fernandez tonight courtesy of Cholmes...**** what a great cigar! My beloved Antano's may move down a notch. Superb construction, perfect draw and ample smoke. Extremely tasty with a very unique finish. Soooo ordering some of these...probably a box. If you havent tried these yet.. do it!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I didn't smoke anything last night, but me and a buddy bought up some good stuff! We split a box of 5 Vegas Series A in the toro size, a box of 5 Vegas Classic in the dbl nickle, and a 10 pack of the 5 Vegas Miami. Trying to stock up while I'm working all this overtime. After next pay day I'm going to pick up a Don Pepin sampler, the Ccom forum blend sampler, and probably something else... not 100% sure yet. Might have to pick up the Ccom weekend deal too. I'm going to have a FULL humidor by the end of July!!! WOO HOO!

I will probably have a smoke tonight after playing some B-ball. It's always nice to relax with a good smoke and a drink after shootin some hoops.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

am i smoking a rarity?

if so, i hope its good!
    And if it's not good, be glad there will be no more coming. HA!
    it turned out to be good. not great, but good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked two yesterday. Started with a new Playboy during the day. Last night I had a RP Summer 08. Really liked it. Bought myself a few more today.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Just finishing a 601 Green Oscuro La Punta. this was a powerhouse with great full body and tons of flavor. My first 601 Green and now I'll have to order more. Another winner from EyO and DGP.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    After beef tenderoloin in bacon weave(which is fan friggin tastic if you get the chance, i lit a CAO MX2. Perfect end to the day. Wonderful flavor.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night was a La Aurora Cameroon which was good, but not fantastic. My buddy was smoking an RP Spring 09 blend that was pretty good. The Summer 08 is the best of the seasonal blends in my opinion, but the Spring and Winter blends are close behind.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    had a leoninos last night pretty nice and mellow smoke i enjoyed it alot.
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    Smoked a padilla 32 tonight ...holy moly what a freight train of a cigar had to smoke super duper slow 2h for the robusto, spice the whole way though, with creamy sweet corjo flavors and a super long finish... some great aging potential on these guys with a little bit of time they will defiantly be better than the Miami's....... OK burn Iv noticed that all the padilla smokes iv had burn sortta funny but nothing major .....
    Sub question what is it about the cigar that gives the spice kick, im thinking it's the nicotine?? am I right?