Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    After a few weeks rest in the humi , tonight I get to finally try out our Forum Blend.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Jdorais:
    After a few weeks rest in the humi , tonight I get to finally try out our Forum Blend.
    DO IT!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Jdorais:
    DO IT!
    I haven't had one yet, I gotta give them a little longer. I'm going to resist and hold out at least 6 Weeks before I try any of them.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    Jdorais:
    DO IT!
    I haven't had one yet, I gotta give them a little longer. I'm going to resist and hold out at least 6 Weeks before I try any of them.
    I just can't wait any longer. I'm with wheelie. DO IT We'll still have 4 of each left. Come on, you know you wanna....
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Matt Marvel:
    Hugemoose:
    Enjoyed a Man O' War tonight in celebration of getting the job. Not a bad cigar! Very enjoyable. Nearly put me on my butt since I don't often smoke full bodied cigars. My buddy was with me and he had on my my CAO L'anniversaire Cameroon.

It was a good night!
    Congrats on the job! I'm smoking a MOW myself right now.
    Just had one of these myslef last night. Loved it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a 5 vegas series A today. the atomic size. good smoke.

as always
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Jdorais:
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    Jdorais:
    DO IT!
    I just can't wait any longer. I'm with wheelie. DO IT We'll still have 4 of each left. Come on, you know you wanna....
    rwheelwright is sending me a couple of each of the forum blend in a trade after I begged him for them. :-) DO IT!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    nickgonzo:
    Just finished a 5Vegas Limitada 06 with my new 5vegas Limitada ashtray thanks j0z3r!
    man... i got two of those left

i keep eying them up but i cant bring myself to smoke them. i seriously doubt ill ever be able to get my hands on more. itll be a sad and glorious day when i do get to smoke them.
    Yeah I have 3 left and I wanted to see if it would be worth looking for some more. Maybe I'll just smoke a perdomo lot 23 and pretend its a 5V 06 hahaha
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a perdomo esv '91 connecticut today. Fantastic cigar. Draw, burn, smoke, flavor...perfect. Now this is a connecticut I can get into.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Smoked a Nub Maduro last night, was very average across the board. Nothing really jumped out at me, didn't even get the usual sweetness that I usually taste with maduros.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Started tonight with a Padilla Miami churchill tonight. THis one had a different band than the others I have. It has the red and black band. NOt sure what the difference is. I cansay that this one was not as strong as the last robusto I had. It had flavor just not that kick you in the face flavor. It did get better as I smoked it. My second cigar was a Oliva O Maduro. This one was weird for the first inch but got much better after that. Hrm... Wonder what I will have tomorrow.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Cain habano robusto this afternoon, pretty good now and I'm sure it will get better with some rest time, I found it to be about medium-full strength-wise, not quite full flavored in my opinion. Later was a Padilla Achilles from '06 that I got in trade from nickgonzo, very tasty cigar and completely unlike my experiences thus far with the Achilles...thanks for that one Nick, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Im glad you liked it brother! They do not even come close to the new achilles. cheers Nick
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    Smoked a Nub Maduro last night, was very average across the board. Nothing really jumped out at me, didn't even get the usual sweetness that I usually taste with maduros.
    I had a NUB Maduro tonight... nice littel smoke (did the NUB stand) but yeah.... like the Connecticut better for an overall smoother smoke
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I had a Sancho Panza Matador. Very nice back end taste, similar to other Sancho Panzas. Truely a short smoke.

• Options
    Last night I took the wife and son to Oktoberfest in Addison, which is one of the few smoke friendly cities left in the country, and lit up a DPG Vegas Cubanas I got from Jozer. Damn good smoke! it is a lot more mild than most of the DPG sticks I've had, but had some nice flavor and burned pretty well for as windy and humid as it was. Only got a touch of a canoe at one point which didn't even require a touch up light. It was a nice evening of walking around, drinking some good German beer, and checking out all the vendors. Also won a stuffed animal for my son. Pretty good night by my standards!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    sounds like fun Puro , we have a small festival in our town today that the wife and I will check out-can't smoke though. Havn't smoked anything wed or thursday and friday I lit up a RP Edge ...can't say I enjoyed this stick at all ...flavor was ok on the inhale and some strong tobacco/pepper on retro-hale but aftertaste was nasty and harsh. JUst couldn't get into it enough to enjoy. Was stored at about 67 rh/70-72 temp and was in the humi for about 3 and a half months. I think this cigar just isn't for me ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    sounds like fun Puro , we have a small festival in our town today that the wife and I will check out-can't smoke though. Havn't smoked anything wed or thursday and friday I lit up a RP Edge ...can't say I enjoyed this stick at all ...flavor was ok on the inhale and some strong tobacco/pepper on retro-hale but aftertaste was nasty and harsh. JUst couldn't get into it enough to enjoy. Was stored at about 67 rh/70-72 temp and was in the humi for about 3 and a half months. I think this cigar just isn't for me ...
    Was it the maduro or the corojo? I've always really enjoyed the maduro, but thats the only one I've tried. I would really like to try the Sumatra though.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I forgot Oktoberfest was in town. I'm smoking a MOW right now, watching some college football before I head into work today.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just had a Carlos Torano Signature Maduro. It was a tough draw but it had great flavor and a nice clean burn, looks like I got my humidity issue fixed. I'm gonna go out again in a little bit and have another, maybe a CCOM Brazilian Label
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Just finished the Alec Bradley I got from the 934 sampler. Wow. Defiinitely flavors of dark chocolate even on the unlit pull. old leather also...??!! Anyway a real pleasure. Life is good.
  • Options
    its funny i tod my new girlfriend i smoked at least one cigar a nite so she went out and bought me like 5 havana honeys i'm a huge rocky patel fan and thats usually what i smoke after a day of work on saturdays but since i dig her and she puts up with my crap i'm smoking my havana honeys tonight
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    going with a te-amo vintage 99 that's been sitting around for about 5 months or so...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    going with a te-amo vintage 99 that's been sitting around for about 5 months or so...
    The te-amo doesn't get a lot of love around here, but a friend of mine loves that stick. It's just about the only thing he smokes.. The few I've had put out a unique smell and "bite". A little age softens this one up. Today was a ... Nording, tonight, I believe I shall sacrifice an Opus X.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Today was a threefer at the Long Island Herf. I started out with a wonderful Alec Bradly tempus that got be off to a great start. Then, after a nice talk with the Fonseca guys, they gifted me with a wonderful Quesada 35th Anniversary in a long, box-pressed form. It's an amazing cigar, with deep notes of chocolate and a beautiful little hint of pepper. The trick is the wrapper: it's an aripicara brazilian wrapper grown in ecuador. Look for these, I loved it. Finally, I ended the day with an Oliva V torpedo. Fantastic triple smoke.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Was it the maduro or the corojo? I've always really enjoyed the maduro, but thats the only one I've tried. I would really like to try the Sumatra though.

Puro it was a Maduro which I love maduros. Maybe this was just a bad stick I dunno but it had one of the worst after tastes I have ever experienced ...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I chucked a Bolivar after less than an inch into it. I followed up with an AJ fernandez Sig Series Robusto. Yum it saved what would have been a crappy cigar day!
  • Options
    gmill880:

Just got back in from the town Festival a little while ago. Good food (why do hotdogs at these things always taste better?) merchants (no cigar though) crafts etc and some good bands. A beach music band followed by a kickin' Celtic band doing some classics,some of their own ,some Flogging Molly, a good band followed by a local Country band called New River , a good band as well . Very entertaining.

Earlier before going to the festival I was in another town about 25 miles from me and discovered a new cigar outlet. They had some interesting stuff humidors and cigar related items. Small walk-in humidor ....hhmmmm....strange assortment of stogies !!! Some CAO flavored sticks, some cheaper end stuff Te-amo,Gispert(?) , some cigars I had read about in the past carying civil war generals names ie U.S. Grant cigar,Stonewall Jackson, Jeb Stuart, and about 2 0r 3 more with civil war names(has anybody ever smoked one of these?) A large bin of Cusano P1's and MC's. Boxes of 100 small ring gauge cigars with a unusual name (damn I can't remember it) these were 43.60 for a box of 100 and the box stated they had been making cigars since 1847 and incidentally these boxes looked so old they may have been that old hahaha. A box of AF Don Carlos Dbl Robustos for $17.95 a piece -ouch!!! All in all a strange humidor collection for sure as I can't remember what else they had other than it seemed like someone threw darts to decide what they would carry. The civil war general stogies were intriuqing as I had remembered reading about them -will have to Google them and see what they are about.
    A quick check shows them as Battleground Cigars - about 12 or so different civil war personalities. Although this is the first time I have actually seen them I don't think they are new. Mfg by M.A.T.A.S.A. under the supervision of Manuel Quesada (sp) in the Domimican Republic utilizing mostly Dominican tobacco's. Interesting ...the next time I get back over there I will pick up a few and let everyone know how they are ...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a couple today after a BS stay on the freeway due to an "officer involved shooting"...why they have to do the entire investigation on the freeway and close the whole thing down is beyond me. Anyway, fired up a Cabaiguan corona which hit the spot just right, nice medium body with a creamy, thick pepper spice thing going on, delicious. Later was a DPG Cuban Classic robusto, always a great cigar, this time no different from any other...if Don Pepin makes a bad cigar, I sure as hell want to know about it, because everything I've had from him is good at worst and stellar at best...guy knows his cigars.
  • Options
    Tonight I'm torn between a Padilla Series '68 rubusto, a San Cristobal robusto, and a Gran Habano 3 Siglos robusto. I haven't yet tried any of them, anyone wanna help me out?