Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Today had the CAO La Traviata. Leathery, nutty and creamy with a little pepper thrown in. A rather dense pull but overall, impressive.
  • Options
    speaking of the Serie P, I stopped at one of the local b&ms and grabbed one and I'm enjoying it right now. I didnt enjoy the first inch too much but the rest has been good.

also grabbed a gran habano #3 for my gf for later, I might have a brown label Tat tonight we'll see. Cheers Nick
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    CAO Black
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    In the middle of a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro. Not my favorite Perdomo, but not a bad stick. I also had a Royal Nicaraguan early. They have a little over 2 months on them now and are showing some improvement, but still aren't very good, lol.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a Nording with about a year on it, not a bad smoke, still hasn't done much for me. Anyone have the Nica Libre 1990?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Had a Nording with about a year on it, not a bad smoke, still hasn't done much for me. Anyone have the Nica Libre 1990?
    Yep, very good cigar. Alot of people compare it to the Padron Ann series, but I think it is more on par with the El Mejor Espresso and IT Super Fuerte, although better than either of those. And welcome back by the way.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:

Yeah Pheebs the Nica Libre is becoming one of my favorite daily go to smokes and you can't beat the price. They are very tasty ...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Only had time for one smoke today. A RP Fusion ...nice flavor and burn , overall an enjoyable smoke for my first one of these compliments of Laker. Nice toasty flavor and Earthy.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night I had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength... Wow!!! This thing was on the verge of offensive! I actually coughed in the first .5 inch for it was soooo Potent! it mellowed and was okay... but not for me
  • Options
    jreed10209jreed10209 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    i hear the la traviata will only be sold at b&m's is that so?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yep, very good cigar. Alot of people compare it to the Padron Ann series, but I think it is more on par with the El Mejor Espresso and IT Super Fuerte, although better than either of those. And welcome back by the way.
    kool, thanks guys. I'll have to get a couple to try.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I smoked a MOW and while I watched Slap Shot tonight. Great movie and a great stick.
  • Options
    Ended the day with a Pepin Serie JJ Maduro, wow I cant smoke these full bodied like I used to. Finally mellowed to awesomeness at 2" left. Mean buzz stil hahah
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kool, thanks guys. I'll have to get a couple to try.
    I likey me some Nica Libre!!! Great little stick!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I had a Padilla 1948. Really great cigar; a little rough around the edges, but surely a fantastic taste, razor-sharp burn. It actually might be the best of the commemorative series. I love the 1932's and the 68's, but I really did just love this cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started off with a 5 Vegas Classic churchill, nice cigar to start off with. Later was a Bolivar petit corona, always a nice smoke. Later still was a La Flor Dominicana Ligero Oscuro robusto which I'm coming to like more with each one I smoke.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Must be the night for La Flor I had the Dominicana Ligero tonight. Actually smoked it to the nub, which is a first for me. I did have a small size, but was a very good smoke.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I haven't smoked since Monday because I have bronchitis. But we are having Cigar and Single Malt Scotch night here at the arsenal tonight. So, I am going to smoke and play with the band. I'm hardcore. I don't let the bronchitis slow me down! Well, not that much anyways. LOL!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Gentleman,

As I type this in from my phone, I am sitting on my back deck, listening to my waterfall... My empty breakfast plate is to the side, and I have a cup of coffee, a CAO Gold in my hand, and The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes before me. Life is good.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Couple nights ago had a 5 Vegas 2009 that had been sitting for a couple months. Ton of pepper in it, very strong but pretty good.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Went to the B&M this afternoon and picked up a Kristoff Maduro. I am a **** for maduros so I have had my eye on this for a while. I may light it up tonight after I get off work......at 11 :-(
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Gentleman,

As I type this in from my phone, I am sitting on my back deck, listening to my waterfall... My empty breakfast plate is to the side, and I have a cup of coffee, a CAO Gold in my hand, and The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes before me. Life is good.
    im coming over....
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Hays:
    Gentleman,

im coming over....
    LOL...Kuzi, with your awesome guru-hood and schweeeet stick collection, you are welcome in my home any time..

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Hays:
    kuzi16:
    Hays:
    Gentleman,

im coming over....
    LOL...Kuzi, with your awesome guru-hood and schweeeet stick collection, you are welcome in my home any time..
    I just read my first Sherlock Holmes story.... if I knew he was such a drug addict I might have read it when I was younger. Good stuff.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    At our Chicago location this week and picked up a Casa Magna Colorado. Bitter at first but settled down to a rich strong but surprisingly homogenous smoke. Don't get me wrong, I loved it but couldn't pick out distinctions. The pre-light draw was kinda fruity. Had trouble keeping this fat boy lit towards the end.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Hays:
    kuzi16:
    Hays:
    Gentleman,

im coming over....
    I just read my first Sherlock Holmes story.... if I knew he was such a drug addict I might have read it when I was younger. Good stuff.
    LOL yes... In addition to his foul tobacco habit, he's a regular coke-head....

• Options
    Hays:
    Jdorais:
    Hays:
    kuzi16:
    Hays:
    Gentleman,

im coming over....
    LOL yes... In addition to his foul tobacco habit, he's a regular coke-head....
    Elementary my dear *SNNNIIFFFFF* Watson.... *irk*
  • Options
    just finished a Perdomo lot 826 Slow Aged in a robusto size.....the start gave me notes of leather & wood....and middle section creamy with lots of nice smoke..... i have 6 left in the humi...im going to let them sit abit longer to see if i notice difference.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Just finished a Sol Cubano CC in the robusto size. Mmmm, started off with a ton of pepper then settled down into a nice rich "barnyard spice". Very enjoyable but not as good as the #4 Joz3r turned me onto.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    smoked a very enjoyable ccom brazilian torpedo tonight. glad i have another one.