Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    killin the last of my punch gran puros to make some more room, its getting crowded. couldnt pass the weekend blitz up :P Seems like its just about time for a coolerdor.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tshaw:
    killin the last of my punch gran puros ...
    mmmmm

punch gran puro...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting ready to go mow the grass. I am thinking a Gurkha I haven't tried yet will do. Going with a Gurkha Gran Reserve Robusto.
  • Options
    You like em kuzi? lemme see how many i have left, i might pm you and drop you some.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Gurkha Ancient Reserve --I like this cigar a lot ---good spice and cinnamon flavor with what tasted like mocha at one point ...a very enjoyable 1 hour 45 minutes Toro ...I will be getting more
  • Options
    Gurkha Grand Reserve is one of my all time favorites. You can get a hint of Cognac at the very begining of the cigar but you got to know what your looking for. Very smooth as well. I think as soon as I get paid again I will be looking to order a box of these.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kuzi16:
    tshaw:
    killin the last of my punch gran puros ...
    mmmmm

punch gran puro...
    you guys keep talking about the gran puros. I gotta remember to pick up a couple the next time I'm out. Which size is your favorite?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    tshaw:
    You like em kuzi? lemme see how many i have left, i might pm you and drop you some.
    my humi is already full
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    tshaw:
    my humi is already full
    You could always send a few to me to clear out enough room to fit a few of those Grand Puro's... I'm always here to help out a fellow BOTL.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    just lit up a ashton vsg... mmm nice! lunch is good!

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    This damn weather is keeping me from smoking on my porch...

Well I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to the dang bar and better be smoking something!!!
    Maybe even TWO!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    clearlysuspect:
    I had a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label, courtesy of Brandon. I'd been keeping this one for just the right moment as I've heard so much about DPG. I really enjoyed this cigar as I thought it was absolutely perfect for an autumn afternoon on the patio. It had a wonderful, oily wrapper, a really even burn, and lots of earthy notes.
    Mmmm... I've got a couple of these resting in the humi. I haven't had a bad smoke from DPG! I am really looking forward to trying the El Rey De los Habanos after Jozer said the one I sent him was so good. The Cuban Classic is also a great smoke, and I also have a JJ Maduro resting. Thats one of the only ones I've never had... Man I hope this cold goes away soon! I'm craving a good smoke so bad right now!!
    Glad you enjoyed the DPG Blue, I have one waiting to be sacrificed soon, I'm looking forward to it.

After about a week and a day without a cigar, due to some sinusitis/cold, I finally have gotten back in the swing of things this past weekend. Today was a two stick day with a Cabaiguan Gaupos JR that was simply fantastic. For a short small ringed cigar it had a slow cool burn with great flavor. Finally this evening after dinner I enjoyed a DPG El Rey De Los Habanos robusto that I picked up around xmas time down in VA. I would never have picked any of these up had Maddy not pointed them out to me. After some rest, this thing was fabulous. I got to thank Paul (mustluvcigars) for sending me one of these in the churchill size. I will let it rest and look forward to experiencing it again.
  • Options
    Just picked up another brand new stick, Joya Cubana, its so new they dony even have a website up. Well ill guinea pig this for you guys and report back.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Just one for me today, a DPG Serie JJ belicoso, a good one though not my favorite from Pepin.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a Carlos Torano Signature Maduro, this was about the 4th I have had and every one has been great, very sweet and smooth. I also had an Oliva Serie O, this is one of my favorite smokes. The only issue I had with this one was it took off down one of the sides at the beginning, but then it fixed itself and smoked great for most of the cigar.
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Just picked up another brand new stick, Joya Cubana, its so new they dony even have a website up. Well ill guinea pig this for you guys and report back.
    Well all i have to say about this one is that it probably wasnt ready to be smoked. Im curious about how this would have been six or so months from now.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    ejenne87:
    I had a Carlos Torano Signature Maduro, this was about the 4th I have had and every one has been great, very sweet and smooth. I also had an Oliva Serie O, this is one of my favorite smokes. The only issue I had with this one was it took off down one of the sides at the beginning, but then it fixed itself and smoked great for most of the cigar.
    And now they are the deal of the day. I think ccom does this on purpose. Those sly devils
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I am going to be heading back home from the lake today, and I have spent the entire weekend down here without a smoke due to this damn cold... The good thing is I have a short week at work! I go back tomorrow and work 12 hours, then 12 more on thursday, then early friday morning the wife and I are going to load up the little one and our stuff, and we are heading up into Oklahoma for 4 days camping on the river. I will have my travel humi loaded up with some great smokes to relax with. I know we will be taking a canoe trip down the river so that will be a nice chance to enjoy a good smoke or two. I will have to make up for lost time from this weekend!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I WANTED to have 1-2 cigars last night at the bar, but you really can't do that while passed out by 10pm on the couch...

Oh, well... Maybe today will be more cigar-full
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a 777 robusto. I really dig these, very savory, flavorful maduros.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I had the last of my Oliva G Maduro especials. Great little cigar.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    currently smoking a Cigar.com Brazilian Label. not too shabby
  • Options
    got the intenso's in today from the weekend blitz, had 2. you guys werent lying these cigars are GREAT. definitely full bodied with some spice...delicious. I wanted the torpedoes but you guys beat me to em :P ended up with the churchills...not disappointed.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a JDN Clasico Criollo, very good cigar. I had some minor burn issues, and keeping it lit during the last 2" took constant monitoring, but the flavor was amazing. Strictly flavor-wise, this is my favorite JDN. The only JDN's I haven't had yet are the new ones, the Fuerte and the Black Corojo. Gotta get my hands on some of those as well, lol.
  • Options
    In the middle of my first JDN right now. Its the Antano belicoso. This one is a little over humdified as I let my humi get a little high, but nonetheless this is a great smoke and great flavors cant wait to get some more.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Today at work on top of the mountain was a DE Java Maduro and then my buddy brought us both another Gurkha Ancient Reserve ...uummmmm ...nice spice and mocha ...becoming one of my favorite Gurkha's ...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    RP Indian Tabac Fire Maduro. Have about 100% humidity outside and it did well.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Cu-Avano Intenso. Definitely full bodied, but didn't hit me as hard as I thought it might. Just received the box from ccom today, had to try one right away.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Having my first nica libre... Awesome cigar... It has a nice sweet finish that I am really enjoying... Pairs well with my alesmith extra pale ale
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    ccom brazilian torpedo. really like these. burned at a slight angle most of the way. then went way off near the end. probably due to my novice light abilities. i think i may enjoy these smokes better in a smaller size...