Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Ccom Brazilian Label Corona. This is my first of any of the Ccom house blends, and I have to say, I am blown away. This thing was fantastic, especially for a house blend. A big thank you to Doug for turning me on to these, I am going to have to get a box now, lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was a Man o War Ruination belicoso, not as good as the robusto #1, but still pretty tasty.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    ccom brazilian torpedo. really like these. burned at a slight angle most of the way. then went way off near the end. probably due to my novice light abilities. i think i may enjoy these smokes better in a smaller size...
    Shaun, I have found the Corona size to be the best size for these, burn and flavor wise. IMO
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Ccom Brazilian Label Corona. This is my first of any of the Ccom house blends, and I have to say, I am blown away. This thing was fantastic, especially for a house blend. A big thank you to Doug for turning me on to these, I am going to have to get a box now, lol.
    Glad you liked it Alien.
    Now you should try that Sol Cubano Series B stick I included.
    I'm betting you will also get a plesant surprise with that one too.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I started with an Oliva G from Cabi and then finished with a Monte No. 4...

Few too many beers had me sleeping by 10pm again... but oh well!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    alienmisprint:
    Glad you liked it Alien.
    Now you should try that Sol Cubano Series B stick I included.
    I'm betting you will also get a plesant surprise with that one too.
    You know, I'll take your advice. That's what I will be smoking after dinner.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked a Siglos yesterday. It was given to me by a rep from Altadis. I didnt get to finish it but it was ok. I'd take another one and give it a good shot. No smoke today for me. I thought I would be over my bronchitis already but I guess I am not.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I just got home from a crappy day at work. I have a RP ITC 10th anniversary calling my name......and some Sam Adams Octoberfest. If anyone needs me I'll be out on the deck petting the cats, watching the deer, and enjoying life.
  • Options
    Just finished that Sol Cubano B, not bad. I definately like it more than the Cuban Cabinet, but not something I would go out of my way to get. The slightly sweetened cap was a suprise, but it was actually kinda nice.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    another intenso, which surprisingly went well with tea on this freezing october 1rst night. finished up some work and now im getting ready to go to sleep nice and relaxed from that full cigar :D
  • Options
    te8972te8972 Posts: 3

I'm new to the forum and I really like this. Tonight after work, I think i'm going to smoke a Drew Estates Java or a Nub. I would like a Nestor Miranda Special, but its not at the tobacco store close to my job.

Big Smile [:D]

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Burned up one of my precious forum blend maduros. They keep getting better. Almost a two hour smoke.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    zoom6zoom:
    Burned up one of my precious forum blend maduros. They keep getting better. Almost a two hour smoke.
    I've got two of each resting. I gotta get some time to smoke them next week!
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Tonight I had an A Fuente Cuban Corona, Cameroon. First time I have had one of these. It was nice minus the Gulf humidity and mosquitos.
  • Options
    Just finished an excellent Decade Toro. I think if I had to pick just one cigar as my absolute favorite, this would be it. I know all the hype is on the Torpedos, but I really do prefer the Toro.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a couple today. First was a Cohiba Siglo II courtesy of rad1964, pretty good cigar with some sneaky strength. A bit later was a Perdomo Cabinet Reserve of some sort that came from kingjk729, it was a pleasant tasting cigar but unfortunately it suffered a wrapper malfunction and the whole thing kinda cracked apart. To finish things off was a Don Pepin Garcia El Rey del los Habanos robusto, I think this is one of the best cigars Pepin makes, at least that I've had.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well Joe I can just about second you on that one! I just smoked my El Rey del los Habanos last night that I picked up the night I got you that one you had. This is an AMAZING smoke! Not as a spicy as the Cuban Classic or Blue label, but tons of flavor! I was very impressed! The one I had burned perfect and never had to be touched up the whole way through and it burned for a solid 2 hours. The draw was a bit tight on this one, but still got plenty of smoke off of it. Really good smoke!

Well I am about to head out the door for a weekend in Oklahoma on the river camping with the family, and my travel humidor stuffed with some good smokes! I think the first thing I'll smoke tonight will be a La Flor Oscuro Cabinet! Mmmmmm....
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    This will be my first night without a cigar in over a month. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight... It had become a ritual to have a cigar at the end of the day. I guess I will just have to make up for it tomorrow by having one at lunch as well.
  • Options
    I'm having a bite of a college reunion tonight. Not really sure what to reach for.....

I do have to go the the B&M and pick up a CAO LX2 for a buddy....he loves these things! Maybe I'll just have one of my Nice Libre's. Too many choices!!!
  • Options
    Just smoke a nice CAO Gold Maduro
  • Options
    gtiguy91:
    Just smoke a nice CAO Gold Maduro
    I just might if I had one. I did find what I had forgotten about in my humi....a Kristoff Maduro. I'm looking forward to this one tonight!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm smoking a Cu-Avana Intenso right now. This is a damn good cigar. There's a slight sweetness to it, that I can't quite pick out what the flavor is. The closest thing I can think of is a funnel cake, and I'm not b.s.ing when I say that. I'm not sure I'll get that out of every one of these, or out of any ever again. For some reason though, I get a hint of that out of this one.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am stressed! My ex-wife is a bisnatch. My job sucks due to the economy. My good cigar deal appears to be a scam perpetrated by a group of jack offs giving the cigar world a bad name. I have had no sleep in the last 2 days.

ok, thanks for letting me get that out. It is crazy windy today but I am going to go sit on the porch and smoke me a Gurkha Legend. I think that will make it all better. Then for dinner I am steaming crab legs and potatoes!
  • Options
    Had a man o war with about 3 months on it...still a little wet, smoldered more than it burned...will try em agian in a little while
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Cuban Aristocrat ...nice and toasty/nutty on a very cool evening here in the NC mountains at work ...
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Had a Cu-Avana compliments of Laker. It was big on billowing creamy smoke but small on flavour. Me thinks this may be a great morning smoke.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Been a while since I posted in here, but tonight I had a perdomo 10 anniversary maduro paired with a pint of young's double chocolate stout. They went well together, bringing out the cocoa of the cigar, also the cigar had ginger and toastyness through the nose. I really enjoyed this cigar and the best thing was it was free from the perdomo rep. I have to say I am not overly impressed with perdomo in general but I do like a select few of their cigars.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I am stressed! My ex-wife is a bisnatch. My job sucks due to the economy. My good cigar deal appears to be a scam perpetrated by a group of jack offs giving the cigar world a bad name. I have had no sleep in the last 2 days.

ok, thanks for letting me get that out. It is crazy windy today but I am going to go sit on the porch and smoke me a Gurkha Legend. I think that will make it all better. Then for dinner I am steaming crab legs and potatoes!
    damn, crab legs sound really good! you've got a pm btw.. oh and I enjoy the legends from time to time.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Tonight is a celebratory Nica Libre Torpedo... (Don't know what it's actually called by them, but it's a torpedo)

It's niiiiiiiiiiiiice....
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had two tonight. It was my first real cigar smoking experience since last Friday. Started with a Camacho PE that I got a couple of months ago. Stronger than I remember. Then, I went with a Decade Toro that I got in the cotm package about 6 - 7 months ago.