Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Rocky Patel Connecticut right now...

IN THE MAN CAVE!!! WITH THE GIRLFRIEND!!!
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
    SECONDED!!!! They call it a MANCAVE for a REASON!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Having a CX2 with my buddy, Betasynn... Hopefully it will be good!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hays:
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
    Well, she can stay as long as she is performing her womanly duties if ya know what I mean! lol
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hays:
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!

For Gawd's sake don't let her get wind of any of the secret passwords and sure as hell make sure she doesn't see the secret handshake ...
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Had a CAO Gold robusto. This was a great smoke. Rich, creamy, nutty. Great burn and draw. Probably my favourite smoke thus far in my short cigar smoking days.
  • Options
    Dear Camacho,
    Just had a Camacho Coyolor, as with the few other Camacho stick Ive had, this one offered excellent construction and burn with a unique and tastefully interesting flavor profile. This stick was a torpedoe and had been in my humi since May of this year. I have yet to meet a Camacho cigar that i didnt love.
    Love,
    Paul
  • Options
    Hays:
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
    I'm letting her in the man cave in hopes that I can get in the "Little Man-Cave"... *Wink* *Wink*
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Hays:
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
    Well, she can stay as long as she is performing her womanly duties if ya know what I mean! lol
    **** up a ***-storm?
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Hays:
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
    **** up a ***-storm?
    There's no stove or sewing machine in the Man-Cave... So she would not be able to perform her duties... :P
  • Options
    Round Two.... Perdomo Habana Corojo.... Not bad, little young, but I just got it last month for COTMC...
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    Round Two.... Perdomo Habana Corojo.... Not bad, little young, but I just got it last month for COTMC...
    Any of the Perdomo Habano line I've had have been a bit peppery for my taste. After six months or more, they get a whole lot smoother. Good cigar.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Two cigar night for me here, had a CAO Black Churchill first. It wasn't bad, but had some pretty gnarly burn issues. Second up was a 777 by Jesus Fuego in the robusto size. This one was excellent as usual.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Hays:
    tshaw:
    Lasabar:

GET HER OUT!!!!!
    **** up a ***-storm?
    There's no stove or sewing machine in the Man-Cave... So she would not be able to perform her duties... :P
    Hey, she could be "prepping for her oral exam"... Then she couldn't be **** either! haha
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm smoking a Nica Libre!! I'm almost tempted to smoke another one at some point tonight. I love these things!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Had a RP Decade and a Cain Habano last night. I was pretty much heaven. the Cain was SOO worth the wait, and the Decade is ALWAYS a treat. Needless to say that I had a good night.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Started the day with a J.Fuego Delirium toro. My lord was this a good smoke. So much delicious cocoa with a little spice. Amazing burn line and tight ash I only had to knock off 2x. Dont hear much about these and damn they are good.

Just finished burning my fingers on a Padilla Achilles Salomon. 2 and a half hour smoke. I was really surprised as I havent heard much good about these but it was great. Perfect burn with a nice habano sweetness and a little spice.  Settled into a mild and creamy profile. Not complex in any way but perfect burn and very good. Maybe it was better cause im in a great mood tonight.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Just finished up a Man o War. Even after a couple weeks hasn't recovered from the warehouse. But was a dang good smoke. I'm pretty buzzed right now hahaha. Cheers fellas
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gaberox:
    Just finished burning my fingers on a Padilla Achilles Salomon. 2 and a half hour smoke. I was really surprised as I havent heard much good about these but it was great.
    My first experience with the Achilles salamon was really good. The two I attempted to smoke after that simply would not smoke, ie tight draw on one and no smoke produced with the other. The last one I had smoked well, but the flavor was very off, really the only dominant flavor it offered was "salty". I was fortunate enough to get some of the original Achilles from '06 in a trade, and the one I've had so far was very, very good, nothing at all like the current batch.

Today was a Perdomo ^2 habano robusto, I think this one came from Gene. A good cigar with a very respectable burn. Later was a Padilla Signature 1932 churchill, I've never said a bad thing about this cigar, and I'm not about to start, it was excellent in every way.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Started the day with a J.Fuego Delirium toro. My lord was this a good smoke. So much delicious cocoa with a little spice. Amazing burn line and tight ash I only had to knock off 2x. Dont hear much about these and damn they are good.

Just finished burning my fingers on a Padilla Achilles Salomon. 2 and a half hour smoke. I was really surprised as I havent heard much good about these but it was great. Perfect burn with a nice habano sweetness and a little spice.  Settled into a mild and creamy profile. Not complex in any way but perfect burn and very good. Maybe it was better cause im in a great mood tonight.
    I had my first Achilles Salomon a few weeks ago and LOVED it. I've heard good things about the robusto size as well and I think I'm gonna order a box tomorrow.

I had a bunch of great cigars this weekend on a road trip to Gettysburg, PA. Two petites - Tatuaje Cabinet, and a Cabijuan. One Graycliff 1666 (****!) One Tatuaje white label (delicious!) One Nica Libre (so good!) Two Nub Connecticuts (wow, never had them. I was pleasantly surprised)

Tonight I had "mystery cigar B" from the mystery stick game. Waiting to hear what it was, but I was very impressed.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a R&J yesterday while on my way to get laid! LOL! Finished it after I finished her! HAhahaa, I crack myself up. It was better than I remember, well the cigar that is. In the past, I have not liked ISOM R&Js or NOn ISOMS but if I had to choose I would choose the NON ISOM.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked a R&J yesterday while on my way to get laid! LOL! Finished it after I finished her! HAhahaa, I crack myself up. It was better than I remember, well the cigar that is. In the past, I have not liked ISOM R&Js or NOn ISOMS but if I had to choose I would choose the NON ISOM.
    Had a Gurkha Vulcan Churchill last night, very good. Good construction, great burn, good spice. A little hot at the end nothing too bad.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    andrewh:
    rwheelwright:
    Had a Gurkha Vulcan Churchill last night, very good. Good construction, great burn, good spice. A little hot at the end nothing too bad.
    What's the deal with the Vulcan? Isn't it a legend in a different size?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    Gabe, try a 777, it is one of Fuego's other blends. I really dig most of his cigars, especially the Defiance(haven't had any of the HC series yet) and J. Fuego Natural. The 777 is probably my third favorite by him.

About to go out and have a Graycliff 1666 with about 9 months on it, I am expecting great things, lol.
  • Options
    The graycliff 1666 is really good! I've got three that have close to three months on them, they won't get touched for a long time though!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    alienmisprint:
    gaberox:
    Gabe, try a 777, it is one of Fuego's other blends. I really dig most of his cigars, especially the Defiance(haven't had any of the HC series yet) and J. Fuego Natural. The 777 is probably my third favorite by him.

About to go out and have a Graycliff 1666 with about 9 months on it, I am expecting great things, lol.

Ive had the 777 on your suggestion before actually. I then told you that you needed to find a delirium asap. I guess you just dont remember lol. I liked the 777 quite a bit especially for the price as its about half the price of the delirium. Both are excellent though the triple 7 is way more mild but very flavorfull.

Had a 601 red torp today and just loved it. Cant get enough of the 601s especially the red and Cubao. My BnM has them on clearence for a rediculous price picked up 3 of the churchills for 9 bucks. Kicking myself for not getting more. Gona have to go back tomorrow and get at least 3 more.

Also had a RP Autumn Collection 09. They just got them in and you could tell. They were pretty dry and young. Even so what a damn good smoke. Rich, spicey and complex through the 1st half. 2nd half seemed 1 dimensional but very rich and delicious. Brought one home to rest for a while. Cant wait to see what its like in a month or 2. Also picked up a RP 1961 toro Im really excited about. Gona let that one rest a while to, its going to test my patience for sure.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    smoked a Aurora 1495 robusto today up on the mountain...very tasty and the only thing I can complain about was the 30 plus mile an hour winds ...did some funky things with the burn but overall very tasty.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Just had a Tatuaje (red label one) and it was pretty disappointing. Horrible construction. I have yet to have a Tatuaje that I enjoy, they just all pull way too hard for me. No smoke, great flavor on the rare draw that works, but just no real construction. I'm going to sneak out and smoke a Padilla Dominus, since they smell so f*ing good, as soon as I get a chance.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sadly nothing....