Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    betasynn:
    Just had a Tatuaje (red label one) and it was pretty disappointing. Horrible construction. I have yet to have a Tatuaje that I enjoy, they just all pull way too hard for me. No smoke, great flavor on the rare draw that works, but just no real construction. I'm going to sneak out and smoke a Padilla Dominus, since they smell so f*ing good, as soon as I get a chance.
    Odd. I can't remember ever having something from Tatuaje I didn't love or with a bad draw. Red label, white label, cabiguan, ambos mundos, all of them are so fabulous - I can't get enough. I had a white label I picked up from my B&M this past weekend that was beat all to hell somehow - it still burned well and tasted great.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    alienmisprint:
    gaberox:
    Started the day with a J.Fuego Delirium toro. My lord was this a good smoke. So much delicious cocoa with a little spice. Amazing burn line and tight ash I only had to knock off 2x. Dont hear much about these and damn they are good.
    Gabe, try a 777, it is one of Fuego's other blends. I really dig most of his cigars, especially the Defiance(haven't had any of the HC series yet) and J. Fuego Natural. The 777 is probably my third favorite by him.

About to go out and have a Graycliff 1666 with about 9 months on it, I am expecting great things, lol.

Ive had the 777 on your suggestion before actually. I then told you that you needed to find a delirium asap. I guess you just dont remember lol. I liked the 777 quite a bit especially for the price as its about half the price of the delirium. Both are excellent though the triple 7 is way more mild but very flavorfull.
    Lol, okay. I knew someone here told me to try the Delirium, just didn't remember it was you. I don't know if I really prefer the Delirium over the 777, but it was a very good smoke.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    having a cao black vr right now... love them
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    having a cao black vr right now... love them
    I have mine resting. Got it in a sampler a few weeks ago. I have never had one but hear it is a very excellent smoke.
  • Options
    OMG! I just finished a Alec Bradley Trilogy Exotic Maduro. It was so nice, what a great cigar! But now when I go looking for them they aren't on the site anymore. What happened? I got it from here in a sampler I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Smoked tha 1666 with the 9 months on it....age didn't do this one any good. It was canoing pretty bad and was harsh. It must have just been a bad stick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've tried a couple of the 1666 so far Tony, haven't had a good one yet. Graycliff does not agree with me, I've yet to have one of their cigars wow me.

Tonight was a Man o War Ruination robusto #1, awesome cigar as always and the more rest they have the better they get. I wonder how long that will hold true...I wonder if I can hang on to any long enough to see. :)
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Master T:
    OMG! I just finished a Alec Bradley Trilogy Exotic Maduro. It was so nice, what a great cigar! But now when I go looking for them they aren't on the site anymore. What happened? I got it from here in a sampler I'm sure of it.
    The trilogy cigars were some of the first cigars I tried. Was it the triangle box press?
  • Options
    Finished up with a CuAvana Intenso toro...wow. The strength on this one is ridiculous, I've had some powerful smokes and this one is right up there with the top 5. I felt like I was going to be sick if I finished it, ended up leaving about 1.5 inches on it. Holy smokes.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Like I said, the flavor was gorgeous. I just couldn't handle the construction. I think I want to try something other then the red label sometime. Could just be my batch.
  • Options
    nickgonzo:
    Master T:
    The trilogy cigars were some of the first cigars I tried. Was it the triangle box press?
    No, it was a round one. I don't like the feel of the box press in my hand. Sounds strange I know, but it just feels wrong. I always end up rolling it in my fingers while I smoke and make it round again. I was a great cigar, nice flavor all the way through. I wonder where they have gone?
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    j0z3r:
    Finished up with a CuAvana Intenso toro...wow. The strength on this one is ridiculous, I've had some powerful smokes and this one is right up there with the top 5. I felt like I was going to be sick if I finished it, ended up leaving about 1.5 inches on it. Holy smokes.
    Yea ive been smoking the churchills ever since i got the box, i have about 3 left, but it is strong. stronger to me than any opus ive had honestly. still really great smokes though
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Last night I had a Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo No. 1 Minuto. Stout is an understatement. This little, full bodied cigar was very spicy and borderline over powering. If you like full bodied sticks on a budget I would recommend this. Being so hot last night a short stick was the only way to go.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    tshaw:
    j0z3r:
    Yea ive been smoking the churchills ever since i got the box, i have about 3 left, but it is strong. stronger to me than any opus ive had honestly. still really great smokes though
    Yeah I liked these sticks in the Toro's so much I bought a box. Full bodied, and FULL flavor, with a great construction. These rock.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    laker1963:
    tshaw:
    j0z3r:
    Yeah I liked these sticks in the Toro's so much I bought a box. Full bodied, and FULL flavor, with a great construction. These rock.
    very true, great spiciness to them. and they are cheap ( at least they were when most of us got them, props to ccom!) i would get another box, but im laying off boxes for a little and ordering hardcore samplers now. i want as much variety as possible so guests have a selection :) im so unselfish :P
  • Options
    tshaw:
    laker1963:
    tshaw:
    j0z3r:
    very true, great spiciness to them. and they are cheap ( at least they were when most of us got them, props to ccom!) i would get another box, but im laying off boxes for a little and ordering hardcore samplers now. i want as much variety as possible so guests have a selection :) im so unselfish :P
    I've got one in the smoking humidor from the box I split with Matt. I've got so many good ones waiting to be smoked, lol. How can I possibly pick one?
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Smoking an ISOM Cohiba...I question its validity. Its got plume on it but its fairly light compared to others that I've had.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    j0z3r:
    It is nice and strong. The first one beat the hell out of me. It's not as bad now that I've smoked a few though. Still a mighty fine smoke though.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I got to have an ISOM Cohiba tonight! I love the first few puffs.. reminds me of the best of Fuentes.. but something in the back of the taste buds told me the finest Fuentes is probably finer then this! imo

• Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    smoking a Calle Ocho sumatra robusto. best dollar cigar i've ever had.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    going to my local B&M and I may try the new cain.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    j0z3r:
    I thought this stick was just soso on taste and strength. I kept hoping it would get there but it didn't. I have a few more left so I can give 'em another try. I still think the MOW ruination you gave me was the ****. man that was good. I can still taste it's awesomeness!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what I'ma have, but I'm about to go to the humi and partake in something!
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    I thought this stick was just soso on taste and strength. I kept hoping it would get there but it didn't. I have a few more left so I can give 'em another try. I still think the MOW ruination you gave me was the ****. man that was good. I can still taste it's awesomeness!
    I can agree with you on taste, it was kinda so-so. The strength really hit me hard... I don't know if it was just the right set of circumstances that affected my perception of the strength, but I do know it hit me like a Mack truck.
  • Options
    After a LOOONG time before I wanted a smoke and actually got one I picked up La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial.... Not bad soo far.
  • Options
    I'm going to freak the hell out if I don't have a cigar - like now. Rough day!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    I'm going to freak the hell out if I don't have a cigar - like now. Rough day!
    You and me both Brother!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Just lit up a Cu-Avana Intenso. Time to enjoy the good life!
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Smoked my first Nub tonight. I had the Habano 460. It was a great smoke. This thing was like a meal. I nub'd it.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    manji:
    Smoked my first Nub tonight. I had the Habano 460. It was a great smoke. This thing was like a meal. I nub'd it.
    Oh man, the last Nub Habano I had was like somebody punched me in the mouth with their hand full of pepper! Not my favorite Nub....but I do love that line.

I think tonight I am going to go out on the porch and enjoy a Gurka Grand Reserve. It has been resting for a while so I am looking forward to it.