Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    manji:
    Smoked my first Nub tonight. I had the Habano 460. It was a great smoke. This thing was like a meal. I nub'd it.
    That's my favorite of the Nub line. Glad to hear you liked it. I haven't had one in way too long. I need to pick some up.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I wanted something strong tonight, so I went with a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. This one had two months on it, and I gotta say, they are aging very well. Excellent smoke, super smooth with a nice little kick in there.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Matt Marvel:
    Just lit up a Cu-Avana Intenso. Time to enjoy the good life!
    lol, how many of them do you have left after this one? I'm still sitting at the original ten, plus two I received in a PIF - it's on the short list, though! I keep meaning to smoke one, but I have so many that need to get smoked right away.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    Just lit up a Cu-Avana Intenso. Time to enjoy the good life!
    lol, how many of them do you have left after this one? I'm still sitting at the original ten, plus two I received in a PIF - it's on the short list, though! I keep meaning to smoke one, but I have so many that need to get smoked right away.
    I have three left, lol. They were all I had, my stock was obviously pretty low, lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Pulled off a three-fer today. Started this afternoon with a Mi Barrio toro from Don Pepin, very nice cigar. After that was a Perdomo Grand Cru corojo torpedo, I'll have to try another on a clean palate because this one didn't impress me. Later was a Perdomo Habano corojo, very nice indeed, my favorite in the line.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had an onyx reserve toro.

this is probably my favorite general cigar product.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I really haven't had anything to smoke this week, but I plan on fixing that tomorrow. Gonna have at LEAST a 3 smoke day. I'm not sure what all will be on deck, but quite probably an El Cobre I got from Jozer!
  • Options
    Tonight I has a Macanudo 1968. This was one tasty treat. Nicarugan filler, Conn. Habano binder. and delicious Honduran wrapper. This cigar is complex and full flavored to say the least. Being a Macanudo I had low expectations and man was I surpised..yum
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Along with my drunk ass self, I had a Padilla Miami (courtesy of the AWEsOMe Betasynn)....beeYuTiful smoke fellas!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Not quit sure what I was thinking last night, but I meant to say I was going to have a Gurkha Rare Breed, not a Grand Reserve.

Either way, I didn't have that because a wonderful looking Onyx was calling my name. It was fantastic! For the price it was a great stick. I will be picking up more of these in the future.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Camacho that a friend gave me at work. I don't know which one it was. It was tiny like the Upmann Demitasse. Then last night I started with a Gurkha Dragon Fury. I like this one. It has a taste that I have never had before but near the last two inches it didn't want to stay lit and got really harsh. After that, I had my first CAO Brazilian that I got in the cotm club about 7 months ago. It was pretty good. I gave my friend an 8-5-8 Candela since he has never had a candela before and he gave me two ISOM Cohibas. I think it was a fair trade! LOL! These like the last 10 ISOMs I got from him are just gonna sit for a while. I have enough to smoke for now and I still have some from last year.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Finished up with a CuAvana Intenso toro...wow. The strength on this one is ridiculous, I've had some powerful smokes and this one is right up there with the top 5. I felt like I was going to be sick if I finished it, ended up leaving about 1.5 inches on it. Holy smokes.
    A friend of mine loves these. He said they make him feel stoned. I had one with 6 months on it and I didn't get that from it. However, I did buy two 5 packs of the toro and a box of the torpedo so maybe I'll break one of those out and see how strong they are almost right out of the box.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I had a fantastic Padilla Dominus. GREAT smoke, in my top three now. Really, almost everything was just right about it, perfect for any lover of a medium-full cigar. Call up and buy them now.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Well I really haven't had anything to smoke this week, but I plan on fixing that tomorrow. Gonna have at LEAST a 3 smoke day. I'm not sure what all will be on deck, but quite probably an El Cobre I got from Jozer!
    Well it looks like these plans are shot all to hell... I got a call this morning and I have to work tonight... Plus I'm already working overtime tomorrow night, then work the next 3 days after that, so my weekend is shot to sh*t. You guys smoke one for me.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    PuroFreak:
    Well it looks like these plans are shot all to hell... I got a call this morning and I have to work tonight... Plus I'm already working overtime tomorrow night, then work the next 3 days after that, so my weekend is shot to sh*t. You guys smoke one for me.
    itll make the el cobe all the sweeter.
  • Options
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit up a Gurkha Legend fresh from the herfador. Tomorrow the BandM with my bro-in-law for something new right before the Staind/Creed concert.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    DUDE! You can't listen to Alice in Chains AND Creed. It's against the laws of grunge ;)
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    enjoying my first casa magna...not hype at all...im buying a box theres just no other option
  • Options
    Just had a 5 Vegas Relic. This one was much better than the last one I had which had no flavor except for harsh tobacco. I think some age and the fac that I let this sit in my smoking humidor almost a month made the different. It was still a little too soft for my liking and it got hard around 1 1/2 inches. I think I got two more. Let's see if time makes a difference.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a damn thing! It's been raining all day, so I can't smoke out on my patio. Saturday is supposed to be better, I may have to double up.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    tshaw:
    enjoying my first casa magna...not hype at all...im buying a box theres just no other option
    These are NOT available at C.COM? I have enjoyed a couple of those and they are great sticks. I would love to grab some more.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Kopi Luwak ...nice earth and bitter chocolate ...very tasty cigar...
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Had an A Fernandez belicoso. Great smoke, as usual. Excellent slow, even burn, lots of smoke, easy draw, and burned cool the whole way to the nub. Love these things. Thanks to Four for this one. We were gonna try to get out and have one at lunch today, but it was drizzlin, and since we were already out, he just left it with me! What a guy... May have one more tonight. If so, it'll be a Relic.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a La Cuna Bin 85.. It's bee a while since I've tried one and this one seemed to run out half way through. The aroma was great .. but the flavor did not match up. It tasted way to earthy. Maybe it was not what I was looking for today. I've got one more that I will give another chance to.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Smoked an A. Fernandez robusto after work on my balcony. It was good smoke, but I think it may have needed more rest. I found the middle section to be the best. None the less, I nubbed it. Great draw and lots of smoke.

Here's a pic of the view from my balcony tonight and one of my ugly mug blocking that view.

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a GAR earlier, damn good smoke if you're in the mood for a relaxing, mellow smoke. I just finished dinner and decided to try the Intenso Laker so graciously gifted me with a little while ago. I hope I don't like it too much or I'm gonna be mad about not jumping on the deal a couple of weekends ago.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    laker1963:
    tshaw:
    These are NOT available at C.COM? I have enjoyed a couple of those and they are great sticks. I would love to grab some more.
    They arent available anywhere on line are they? or at least they dont encourage online sale. I picked em up at my b&m plus some opus' SCORE :D
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried my first Oliva Serie V tonight after dinner. It looked gorgeous...beautiful wrapper, etc. Burned and smoked well, but I think it's still a little more than my palate is ready for. I've been trying some fuller-bodied sticks lately thinking maybe I was ready for 'em but now I don't think so.

Guess I'll drop back to the mediums for a while longer.

Marty

• Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Watched Platoon out on the patio and smoked a Gurkha Regent. The movie was good, the cigar was ok. Kind of a boring stogie, not too much change and mostly underwhelming.