Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night was a Cusano Lxi... Nice and flavorful smoke, I was seeing two of everything so I don't really remember it, but it was good!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    TheShaun:
    Smoked an A. Fernandez robusto after work on my balcony. It was good smoke, but I think it may have needed more rest. I found the middle section to be the best. None the less, I nubbed it. Great draw and lots of smoke.

Here's a pic of the view from my balcony tonight and one of my ugly mug blocking that view.

Dang Shaun ...thats a NICE view !!!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Dang Shaun ...thats a NICE view !!!
    Agreed! I really like high rise buildings but my area has not been very prone to the construction of such - there's been a few projects, but they all tanked. It's a shame..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Dodgers game. Alec Bradley SCR. johnnie walker...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a RP Fusion this afternoon. Tonight I will be going out with my buddy for his 30th and have a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    my first nub maduro. I have heard mixed reviews but im really enjoying this actually
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    tshaw:
    my first nub maduro. I have heard mixed reviews but im really enjoying this actually
    I just had my first Nub Cameroon. Loved it. Sat on my porch, read a bit. Listened to the squirrels play in the tree. Loved the Nub. Great burn, great taste, and the first cigar ive smoked where the ash hung up the entire time (guess thats cheating being a nub and all though).
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    So, I may or may not be having a cigar tonight due to my party (my father is an ex smoker, and so I don't want him to be uncomfortable and I don't want to be separated from him all night)... but he may not stick around necessarily as long as I will, so I'll be bringing along a full humi just so I can pick one if the mood strikes..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor Sinclair 10th Anniversario. I was out on my patio, a little brisk, but enjoyed it none the less.
  • Options
    This morning arrived at work and enjoyed a nice cup of java (actually about 3) with a Tabak Especial ...nice to unwind from a 40 mile drive. Later after lunch was a Partagas Black ...veeery nice on a slow day at the grind !!! Tired now after a 40 mile drive back down the curvy mountain ...probably won't smoke anything else tonight ...I'm ok with 2 good smokes under my belt anyway today !!!
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    tshaw:
    I hade the habano a couple of days ago and the conneticut last night. I enjoyed the habano, while the conneticut was just okay. Tomorrow night I am trying the nub maduro. Tonight I am smoking an Oliva series 0. I think I prefer the G series.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    manji:
    tshaw:
    I hade the habano a couple of days ago and the conneticut last night. I enjoyed the habano, while the conneticut was just okay. Tomorrow night I am trying the nub maduro. Tonight I am smoking an Oliva series 0. I think I prefer the G series.
    Yea i have had all of them and did not dislike one. while the habano was previously my favorite, the madura has moved into top NUB. Great smoke with great flavor all of the way through. Tomorrow might be MOWR day, never had one and never heard anything but good things.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed a RP Connecticut Vintage 1999. Damn you Stan.....damn you!!! And I thought I loved the regular Connecticuts....but this was great!

It was a wonderfully smooth and mild smoke. I am glad I have another one.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    I enjoyed a RP Connecticut Vintage 1999. Damn you Stan.....damn you!!! And I thought I loved the regular Connecticuts....but this was great!

Haha - I knew you'd like it! It probably had a decent amount of rest. Wish I had more to send your way. But you sure can find them around! I had a La Aurora Preferido Connecticut tonight and honestly it reminded me a lot of the RP 1999. I was thinking - I would never pay the price for a Preferrido Conny if I can get the "same" and get two or more of it from an RP 1999...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    martymcg43:
    Alec Bradley SCR. johnnie walker...
    SO jelous!

I did have myself a three cigar night though. Started with a Oliva MBIII, then had a Gurhka Micro batch, and then finished the night off with a delicious Graycliff DE.
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Just had a Gurkha titan with a cup of coffee out on the porch. Getting chilly out, gonna have to start hiting the cigar lounge soon.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    had a cain habano and a few shots of don julio repasado. What a great pairing. now to get ready for the 9ers and falcons....
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Miami. I've had quite a few of these and they have all been great but the one I had tonight was very tight at the foot. They have been resting for quite some time. I'll give them a few more months.
  • Options
    Just polished off an Oliva Connecticut Toro & the wife had a Tatiana Mocha.....the oliva was a classic Oliva taste....did not dissapoint...paired the Oliva with an 05 cabernet Souvignon from Nappy Valley.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm glad you guys are smoking some good cigars... I'm living viacariously through you all during my 7 straight days of 12 hour night shifts. I'll be sooo ready for a smoke by next friday I'll probably empty my humidor in the first night! lol

I did get a chance to smoke a Joya de Nicaragua the other day that was a real treat. It was a cigar that hasn't been released yet. It was given to the B&M owner to try out before the cigar hits the market. It was called the El Martillo. It was a very good smoke and VERY unique. It was about 4 1/2" by approx 58 or 60ga. and had a perfect burn with tons of smoke and the strongest flavor of mollasses I've ever tasted in a cigar. I'm not sure when these will hit the market, but I hope to try them again sometime.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    I had a Gurkha Regent. Superb cigar. really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had two today. Started with a Gurkha Beast. THis cigar had at least a year on it maybe closer to a year and a half. It was good. But has anybody noticed that this cigar has a very thin wrapper? Every one I have cracks at some point and you can see how thin it is. I got some tar buildup so I let it go around 2 1/2 inches. After my gig tonight I had my first CAO Italia. it was ok but I doubt I would get anymore. This one is also from the cotm club like my last CAO so it had about 6 - 7 months age.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha Warrior and it was by far the best damn cigar I have ever had. WOW.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Tatuaje, the special house blend from Puro's B&M, damn good little sucker though it could definitely do with some rest because the first third started a little rough but it mellowed out and was a damn flavor bomb. Much later was a Perdomo Habano corojo robusto, it was good but started to develop a bitter note about 2/3 in.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Ended up having a Cu-Avano Intenso Friday, what a great smoke. The draw was a little tighter than I generally enjoy, but it still produced a volume of smoke, had an excellent taste, and a nice kick. It wasn't super-strong, but strong enough.

Yesterday I have a Vibe petit corona in the morning (not bad, not great) and a Decade Toro in the evening (excellent as always, there is a reason these are my favorite cigar).
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Went for the 2 cigar night during college football; started it up with a Don Pepin Cuban Classic in the robusto size. Great flavors lots of coffee/java, nut, and chocolate; really great but the burn wasn't the best. Folllowed that up with the Verdadero Organic, not quite as sweet and raisin flavored as usual but still nice.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Renaissance_Man:
    Hugemoose:

Haha - I knew you'd like it! It probably had a decent amount of rest. Wish I had more to send your way. But you sure can find them around! I had a La Aurora Preferido Connecticut tonight and honestly it reminded me a lot of the RP 1999. I was thinking - I would never pay the price for a Preferrido Conny if I can get the "same" and get two or more of it from an RP 1999...
    You are good, Stan. I'm sure when I have room in my humi I will be picking up some more of these. Thanks again for that stick; it did not disappoint!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm enjoying another Padilla Dominus, actually posting a review this time around. Great cigar, really climbed into my top 3.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    betasynn:
    I'm enjoying another Padilla Dominus, actually posting a review this time around. Great cigar, really climbed into my top 3.
    DAM you!!! I can't wait to get my hands on one of those. Think I'm about to break out the following: Padilla Miami first, then Perdomo Habano, and maybe finish with a Relic.
  • Options
    Its been a wonderful day off work so far. Slept in late . Had some crab cakes for a late late lunch and then retired to the back deck for some Captain Morgans and Sprite, a good book AND a Partagas Series D #4 Isom. This cigar was my first of the Partagas Isom's and it was very very good. The thing that struck me was the good spiciness but still very smooth and very creamy ...tons of smoke and a very nice aroma. Thanks to a certain BOTL up north for supplying this gem ...Now I have to pick out something for a little later before the Colts Titans game ...GO COLTS !!!