Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    I have just lit a Chateau Real after a long stressful day of having my front door kicked in while my girlfriend and myself were sleeping... Nothing was taken or happened, just property damage to my door.... thank God
    What the hell? Crazy! That's why I have big dogs and firearms, I suppose. :)
    Yeah... I don't know if I'm going to get some kind of alarm or not... Not a full fledged ADT or BRINKS, but I've seen buzzer that go off when a door is opened, that might be a good shot.
    You know what else is a good shot? Me, when people kick my door in! Haha, sorry, I had to, even though it was lame. Thankfully, y'all are healthy, aside from being shaken up I'm sure.
    :) Alarm systems are noisy, but it takes 5-10 minutes for someone to get there. My 12 gauge is noisier and more effective!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    I have just lit a Chateau Real after a long stressful day of having my front door kicked in while my girlfriend and myself were sleeping... Nothing was taken or happened, just property damage to my door.... thank God
    What the hell? Crazy! That's why I have big dogs and firearms, I suppose. :)
    Yeah... I don't know if I'm going to get some kind of alarm or not... Not a full fledged ADT or BRINKS, but I've seen buzzer that go off when a door is opened, that might be a good shot.
    You know what else is a good shot? Me, when people kick my door in! Haha, sorry, I had to, even though it was lame. Thankfully, y'all are healthy, aside from being shaken up I'm sure.
    :) Alarm systems are noisy, but it takes 5-10 minutes for someone to get there. My 12 gauge is noisier and more effective!
    Yea, nothing reponds quicker than a .45 in hand and ready! lol Ask me how I know! haha
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had some (slightly terrible) Ambrosia clove tiki while at work... (i really don't know why I keep trying stuff by Drew Estates. I never like it.)
  • Options
    I had an Olive Serie O Maduro rubusto tonight while freezing my butt off on the balcony with my book. As cold as it was, it was totally worth it because I really love the O Maduro, and this one did not dissapoint. Starts sweet and spicy and mellows out to a tasty richness that I can't really put my finger on, almost buttery. Along with the V, these are definently my favorite Olivas.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I have now moved onto a Nub Connie that Cabi sent me... the head just about split off when I cut it, but it's smoking mighty fine!
  • Options
    Had a Casa Magna tonight. I picked up two from my B&M 6 weeks ago. The first one I smoked a few days after picking it up and it sucked, big time. Terrible burn, flavor was sub-par, so I assumed they just needed a bit of rest. I smoked the second one tonight, and it was just as terrible. I don't get it - I've heard a lot of guys love it, and of course it was Cigar of the Year in CA this year. Bleh. I put this one out half way through. I don't think I've ever put out a cigar with that much more to go.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Going out for a Nica Libre right now. Looking forward to it (despite the cold weather).
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    Going out for a Nica Libre right now. Looking forward to it (despite the cold weather).
    YAY NICA LIBRE!!!

One of my Fav's!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its been far too long since ive had a cigar. im kinda sad about it. I hate the end of smoking season.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    its been far too long since ive had a cigar. im kinda sad about it. I hate the end of smoking season.
    YOU of all people need to be smoking 365 a year... I won't get any good knowledge or reviews if you STOP!!! NOOOO!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    You know you want to make the drive up to MI this winter for a herf in my Man Cave! I'm psyched for winter this year - I'll actually get to smoke more than a few a month. I'm adding insulation in a few days and then the space heater shortly thereafter. Then I need to add a few cool touches to make it more than a metal shed, lol. Tonight I smoked in a winter jacket, but even in the closed off shed, it was a bit cold for my liking. With a space heater, that thing is going to be MONEY!
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    had my first rp decade last night. I was half expecting to be blown away. I blame the hype hahaha great cigar though. Thoughts on aging the decade? I just got these about a month ago.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    kuzi16:
    You know you want to make the drive up to MI this winter for a herf in my Man Cave! I'm psyched for winter this year - I'll actually get to smoke more than a few a month. I'm adding insulation in a few days and then the space heater shortly thereafter. Then I need to add a few cool touches to make it more than a metal shed, lol. Tonight I smoked in a winter jacket, but even in the closed off shed, it was a bit cold for my liking. With a space heater, that thing is going to be MONEY!
    im working on my own man cave in my attic... but there is alot of work to be done. ...and i need to hide it a bit. its my secret man cave
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    TatuajeVI:
    kuzi16:
    im working on my own man cave in my attic... but there is alot of work to be done. ...and i need to hide it a bit. its my secret man cave

I hear you kuzi, I'm working on constructing a collapsable/portable command post that I can set up outside on my porch with my "little buddy" propane heater and a book so I can enjoy a cigar and not have to suffer frost bite. It's still in the blue print stages, but it will work and look similar to an ice fishing shack. The best part is it will only cost me the time, my brain power, screws and hinges since I have an ample supply of building resources in my warehouse.

damn snow...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my order from CCOM came in yesterday and I just couldn't wait to try one of the Gurkha Royal Brigades out on my patio. I know I shoulda let 'em rest a while in my coolidor but temptation got the best of me.

I enjoyed it immensely. CigarCyclopedia says it's a medium-bodied, full flavored smoke and I think they're right. Had to touch up an uneven burn a coupla times but I think that was my fault. It was still pretty breezy on the patio I guess you heard that we had a pretty good storm yesterday here in No. California and I blame the wind for the uneven burn. The rain is gone but we still have some wind. Also, I think the wrapper was a tad dry because a piece of it (small piece) flaked off but I just smoked on through it. Again, if I had let 'em rest a while in my coolidor it probably wouldn't have happened.

Marty

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just smoked a 5 Vegas Miami in the cold garage. I have to say it was different and very enjoyable. Glad I have another one for later. Reminded me alot of a bouquet of flowers but not overwhelmingly flowery if that makes any sense. Had a very pleasant aroma throughout.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Cold night here in Ohio so I took out the only robusto I had left (always get toro and torpedo) which was a Brazilian label. I have had two before from the sampler I purchased and thought they were just okay. This one has been sitting for almost a year and wow! Very smooth and some great flavor. Not the most complex, but it hit the spot. I do know this, I need to stock up on some smaller sticks if I'm going to make it through the winter.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Had a CAO Criollo-Great little smoke on the porch. Weather was cool, had some red wine. Very cool, but the brazilia is still my fav.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had two today. Started with an Upmann DemiTasse. Nothing left to say about this. Then, I took a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG lunch and went to the B&M with some friends and smoked the 5 Vegas Limitada 2006. I have to say that I didn't enjoy this one that much. After the first inch I had some tar buildup but the burn and draw were good. A simple clip fixed that. Then the burn started to get crooked. After about another 2 inches I got some more tar buildup. So, a second clip (or third if you count the initial clip) resolved that issue and the burn fixed itself. It got better near the end but never got great. I got a few more so maybe this one stick just sucked. Then, after all of that I relit the Demitasse and finished it.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed a 5Vegas Cask Strength II and really got into it ........ and iam the supposed mild to medium guy ..... man the 5Vegas series A and Cask II are so freakin great, I need them to be oe of the next daily deals so i can stock up ......
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    I enjoyed a 5Vegas Cask Strength II and really got into it ........ and iam the supposed mild to medium guy ..... man the 5Vegas series A and Cask II are so freakin great, I need them to be oe of the next daily deals so i can stock up ......
    I wish they would put the Cask Strength up on the Daily Deal... Thats one I've never tried.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a gurkha sherpa... I can't believe the low price on these. I enjoyed this more than cigars that cost me three times more.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    kingjk729:
    I wish they would put the Cask Strength up on the Daily Deal... Thats one I've never tried.
    other than the relic and the limitada 08 I would rank it as one of my favorites from them. I would say more enjoyable than the relic and stronger.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    kingjk729:
    other than the relic and the limitada 08 I would rank it as one of my favorites from them. I would say more enjoyable than the relic and stronger.
    Wow! Thats awesome. I have had the Relic and thought it was a damn good smoke. I haven't had the 08 Limitada, but I have an 06, 07, and 6 of the 09's in the humi now. I'm gonna have to snag some Cask Strength.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah the cask strength is something i've been meaning to lite up just have not got around to it. It has been very very cold on the mtn. at work this week so that has slowed down the cigar smoking some...:( none Monday ...2 Tuesday and none today !!!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    That Cask Strength II is one of my top favorite cigars. I have told so many people to try it because I feel that they are missing out. I had a sampler so I only have a few. Let me tell you though when I called Ccom they told me $3 a stick. So a "box" of 20 would be $60 instead of $110 but you wouldn't get the cool barrel they come in. I thought that was pretty incredible. You might call and ask. I talked them over with Andy so hopefully they can still swing that.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I need to grab some of the Cask Strength II's. I've wanted to try one for awhile now.

I'm debating whether or not I want to have a cigar before I go to bed. I have to be in at 9am in the morning, and I'm beat from working tonight. That said, it was a pretty crappy day, and a cigar sounds like just what I need. Just not sure yet..
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    I need to grab some of the Cask Strength II's. I've wanted to try one for awhile now.

I'm debating whether or not I want to have a cigar before I go to bed. I have to be in at 9am in the morning, and I'm beat from working tonight. That said, it was a pretty crappy day, and a cigar sounds like just what I need. Just not sure yet..
    DO IT!!!! Smoke one for me since I can't!!! lol
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    ok, so I take back what I said about the Intenso. Had another go with one tonight and golly- yes I said golly you wanna make something of it? ;-) - this was a nice one. I guess they just needed to rest a bit longer. I will definately be enjoying this again.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with a Perdomo Grand Cru Conn. churchill this afternoon, right now this is way up on my list of Conn. wrapped cigars. Later was a Rocky Patel Rosado double corona, these are doing nicely with the year or so on them. To finish out the night was part of a Perdomo Cuban Parejo Rosado epicure, at 6x62 this one is a mouthful, but the time in the humidor is doing good things for them.