Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    I'm smoking my last Cu-Avana Intenso. I really wanted to get in on the torpedo daily deal, but wasn't able to. I want today's deal too, but can't get it. It sucks not having a bank account.
    Yeah. I wish I hadn't spent so much on cigars in NC last week. I've been waiting for a Nub daily deal and now I can't justify buying it.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TGO:
    Starting the evening off with a Nestor Mirana Special Selection Lancero... got a RP 1961 on deck :)
    Let me know how you like the RP 1961. I just got 2 in on Friday and am waiting for my dad to come into town to smoke them in Dec!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    It's fairly spicy Sandman, pretty good flavors and if you like Rockys, you will like this one.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    See and i didn't really get any spice from the 1961, odd how that works out. Not a bad cigar though.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a CI Anniversary Epicure tonight. Not bad, but they were better a couple of months ago. One of the few cigars I have had that aren't better with age.
  • Options
    Had part of a Greycliff G2 Turbo that I got from our buddy Tim (TGO), this one had some problems, didn't want to stay lit and offered very little smoke on the draw, the flavor was good I just wish the rest of the cigar had followed. Later was a Padilla Signature 1932 Oscuro robusto, great little cigar with a nice, deep and rich flavor. To finish things off I just finished up a Perdomo Reserve Oscuro toro, another really good offering in an oscuro wrapper, pepper through the nose and a very rich, almost creamy flavor on the palate...I need to get more of these, hello daily deal.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had my first Cohiba last night. I have a buddy (who is kinda a tool) who once said to me, "I only smoke Cohiba's and CAO's now." I realized last night just what a tool he is because there was absolutely nothing special about this smoke. To be honest, it reminded me of a mild version of somthing by Rocky Patel. RP's are some GREAT smokes, imo, but this one just seemed to be less flavorful than most of those, and it was more expensive than just about everything I have in my humi. NOT worth the money I spent on it. I was pretty let down by this smoke.
  • Options
    Was that a real Cohiba, or a Dominican? I know what you mean either way, I've had one Cuban Cohiba and it was nothing special, I liked the Dominican ones even less.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Was that a real Cohiba, or a Dominican? I know what you mean either way, I've had one Cuban Cohiba and it was nothing special, I liked the Dominican ones even less.
    It was a Red Dot. Been resting for like 6 months. I am going to be getting some ISOM's very soon. Hopefully they are better.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, they're better. Nothing fantastic as far as I'm concerned, but definitely better.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Oh yeah, they're better. Nothing fantastic as far as I'm concerned, but definitely better.
    I have a 5 pack of the Siglo III's and they are different, but don't blow me away.

Oh, and I had my first A Fernandez Sig from my first box of the Torps... This was good and steady, no burn issues and a tight flavor!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    ejenne87:
    I had my first Cohiba last night. I have a buddy (who is kinda a tool) who once said to me, "I only smoke Cohiba's and CAO's now." I realized last night just what a tool he is because there was absolutely nothing special about this smoke. To be honest, it reminded me of a mild version of somthing by Rocky Patel. RP's are some GREAT smokes, imo, but this one just seemed to be less flavorful than most of those, and it was more expensive than just about everything I have in my humi. NOT worth the money I spent on it. I was pretty let down by this smoke.
    That's how I feel about them. I got a box for free, which is the only reason I smoked them. I didn't see paying that much for a cigar that everyone had told me was average. It wasn't bad at all, just not worth 20 bucks.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    This morning was a Ccom Cameroon robusto. Nice. This afternoon will be a CAO Brazillian robusto (again). Gotta take advantage of Indian summer.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Well it has been an AWESOME weekend so far! Started Friday night with an Opus X that was AMAZING as always. Next went with a Centurian, also have had and Ashton ESG. Not sure what is on deck for tonight, but it will be something good!

Thoughts on the ESG Jason ...
    Some top shelf cigars there puro, how did you like the esg? I find it rather under-whelming myself. Not as much flavor as the vsg in my opinion. What Opus did you have btw?
    The ESG is a damn good cigar. I can't say anything negative about it because it is truely enjoyable. However I'm with ya on this one Phebes, the VSG is a more flavorful cigar. I don't dislike the ESG, but VSG is a better cigar IMO and it's cheaper.

The Opus I had was the **** 4.6 x 48 and it was great! I've had that little sucker for about a year now and it was awesome.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Had two this weekend I had a Oliveros Ltd, and I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised with it. The wrapper had a nice dark and oily feel to it. The smoke was great, wood and spice. Very Good I also had a CAO Italia and I was pretty disappointed with it. The draw was non existent and the burn had some major issues. I am hoping it was the individual stick, as I was really looking forward to it. Will pick up another one and see.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Well it has been an AWESOME weekend so far! Started Friday night with an Opus X that was AMAZING as always. Next went with a Centurian, also have had and Ashton ESG. Not sure what is on deck for tonight, but it will be something good!

Some top shelf cigars there puro, how did you like the esg? I find it rather under-whelming myself. Not as much flavor as the vsg in my opinion. What Opus did you have btw?
    The ESG is a damn good cigar. I can't say anything negative about it because it is truely enjoyable. However I'm with ya on this one Phebes, the VSG is a more flavorful cigar. I don't dislike the ESG, but VSG is a better cigar IMO and it's cheaper.

The Opus I had was the **** 4.6 x 48 and it was great! I've had that little sucker for about a year now and it was awesome.
    Now I've also had a Tatuaje Noella Reserva and a Nording Torpedo! Mmmm.... Good weekend of smokes so far!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Now I've also had a Tatuaje Noella Reserva and a Nording Torpedo! Mmmm.... Good weekend of smokes so far!
    I'd have to agree, truly inspiring list of smokes for a weekend! What size ESG did you have Jason, I haven't had one since April, but I've had both the Robusto and the Churchill. I have a torpedo that has been sitting for a few months.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

I'd have to agree, truly inspiring list of smokes for a weekend! What size ESG did you have Jason, I haven't had one since April, but I've had both the Robusto and the Churchill. I have a torpedo that has been sitting for a few months.
    It was a Churchill. I'm making up for lost time this week. Going to smoke a couple more good ones tonight too.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to try to smoke a CAO La Traviata so I can post up my thoughts on it like I promised you all. Haven't had a chance to but the weather went from freezing cold to 70 today so no excuses!!
  • Options
    No smokes yesterday because the weather was absolutely horrible...would have liked one after the Patriots trampled the Titans, but oh well.
    I get out of work at 4 on Mondays so I took advantage of the sunshine and mid/high 50's temps today and enjoyed :
    Perdomo Habano Connecticut & a couple of Newport Storm Hurricane Ambers. I really enjoyed this cigar. It was well constructed and burned beautifully. This was my first Perdomo and I'm looking forward to more... I've gotta try this one with the maduro wrapper!
  • Options
    Nice setup. I preferred the Perdomo Habano Conn. to the maduro, to me the maduro didn't seem to have a ton of flavor. Try it by all means, but that's my two cents on it. And if you like the Habano Connecticut, I'd recommend trying the Perdomo Grand Cru Conn., it is one of the best Conn. wrapped cigars I've had.
  • Options
    And THIS is why I made a man-cave...

Tonight the Girlfriend's mother and the girlfriend and her hairdresser friend are all in my living room watching dancing with the stars and my future Mother-in-law is getting her hair done.

I, on the other hand, am in the cave with Goose Island Nut Brown Ale and Fat Tire and topping it all off with a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Lasabar:

Tonight the Girlfriend's mother and the girlfriend and her hairdresser friend are all in my living room watching dancing with the stars and my future Mother-in-law is getting her hair done.

I, on the other hand, am in the cave with Goose Island Nut Brown Ale and Fat Tire and topping it all off with a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009
    Howz the 5V Limitada 09?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:

Howz the 5V Limitada 09?
    It's burning like a donkey, draw is a TAD tight (not bad though) and the flavor is rich and velvety, hints of some chocolate and coffee. The Nut Brown Ale is a good pairing, yet I think the beer is dominant on my palate at the moment
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    what does "burning like a donkey" mean? lol.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    what does "burning like a donkey" mean? lol.
    Obviously you've never set fire to farm animals in your childhood... Me neither, I've kept that gem for ADULTHOOD!
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    A buddy and I went to an event tonight at a local B&M to watch the baseball game. I started with a Gurkha Masterblend Churchill that was really excellent and took about an hour and 15 to smoke. Great construction, nice firm draw too. Than I picked up a Oliva Series O and a Nub Maduro. Smoked the Oliva there (My first O series) and man was that a good smoke. Great amount of smoke, easy draw, nice flavors! Great cigar. I'm looking forward to the Nub!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:

Howz the 5V Limitada 09?
    It's burning like a donkey, draw is a TAD tight (not bad though) and the flavor is rich and velvety, hints of some chocolate and coffee. The Nut Brown Ale is a good pairing, yet I think the beer is dominant on my palate at the moment
    Yeah I usually don't pair cigars with beer for that reason, which is unfortunate because cigars and beer are two of my favorite things in life =)
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    smokin a ci gray label right now. Was going to look up the review on them and they arent being sold anymore? I've always like cusano cigars, this one is really mild but it is silky smooth. I bet this cigar would be so money with a nic corojo wrapper on it
  • Options
    I was bummed to find out they weren't doing the Cusano label anymore, I never got around to buying some and had wanted to try it.

Today was a 5 Vegas Classic churchill in the afternoon followed by a La Flor Factory Press II in the evening...man La Flor makes some tasty smokes.