Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Ok guys and ladys I know you are going to bust my chops on this, but tonight I'm going to be smoking an acid kuba kuba, I'm a newbie so I'm trying diffrent things lolol.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that Anthony... you never know what you may like until you try it! I'm still at the point where I'll give just about anything a shot. After spending time here and reading countless customer reviews on ccom and other sites I've come to the conclusion that Acids are one of those love it/ hate it sticks. To each their own.. I hope you enjoy.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Went out to the garage and enjoyed a Ccom Brazilian Labal while watching The Patriot. It had an almost too lose draw, but other than that it was very, very good!
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    well, today im going to smoke an intenso with a buddy, i want to get those out for more room. what i really want is that esg because ive never had one but ill hold off
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    smoking a Pueblo Dominicano series 2 right now. Why do I really like the limited edition cigars that arent made any more?? hahah These are good smokes I need to find some more
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I was bummed to find out they weren't doing the Cusano label anymore, I never got around to buying some and had wanted to try it.

Today was a 5 Vegas Classic churchill in the afternoon followed by a La Flor Factory Press II in the evening...man La Flor makes some tasty smokes.
    Let me know which Cusano you are looking to stock up on. I might have some stored away...off the radar. Thanks Jeff
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I was bummed to find out they weren't doing the Cusano label anymore, I never got around to buying some and had wanted to try it.

Today was a 5 Vegas Classic churchill in the afternoon followed by a La Flor Factory Press II in the evening...man La Flor makes some tasty smokes.
    Let me know which Cusano you are looking to stock up on. I might have some stored away...off the radar. Thanks Jeff
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I had a Fonseca Viso Fuerte that was very good for a medium cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    jeffjackson:
    j0z3r:

Well Jeff, it was the CI Legends Gray label, from Cusano, that I was talking about, actually responding to the post before mine about them. I didn't think you guys would be dealing in the competition's house blends. :) If for some reason you've got them though....
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I finally smoked one of the much talked about El Cobre cigars from Oliva that I got from Jozer! WOW!!! This thing had a ton of flavor and was a great smoke! I would post more about the flavors I pick up on but afterwards the drinking picked up and now I don't really remember! lol I'm glad I have another! Also smoked a Limitada 09 that I got from Joe and it was awesome as well! Thanks for both of those! Great smokes!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night I had a Oliva O and 5 Vegas Limitada 2009....

Olva was GREAT and 5 Vegas.... well... see previous donkey comments!
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    stepping outside to have another nica libre ... second time trying it so we'll see what it tastes like now that it has had more time to rest - couldn't resist trying it right away after i received my original shipment
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    shamrocked:
    stepping outside to have another nica libre ... second time trying it so we'll see what it tastes like now that it has had more time to rest - couldn't resist trying it right away after i received my original shipment
    Great choice! I love the Niba Libre. It's easily my favorite cigar now.

I've had a three smoke day. I started out with a Nica Libre. I decided to stop by the B&M, and I picked up a Carlos Torano Exodus Gold and Silver. I smoked the Gold after dinner, and I'm smoking the Silver now. This is the first time I've had the Silver, and so far I'm not that impressed.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    shamrocked:

I've had a three smoke day. I started out with a Nica Libre. I decided to stop by the B&M, and I picked up a Carlos Torano Exodus Gold and Silver. I smoked the Gold after dinner, and I'm smoking the Silver now. This is the first time I've had the Silver, and so far I'm not that impressed.
    the nica libre is definitely becoming one of my fav smokes if not my fav - i have only had the exclusivo and i still have about three more - what is your fav size? definitely had some more flavors today after resting for about 4 weeks.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Smoked the Rocky Patel Double Maduro. It's exactly what I've come to expect from RP, good construction, great draw, and good flavors through and through!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    shamrocked:
    Matt Marvel:
    shamrocked:

the nica libre is definitely becoming one of my fav smokes if not my fav - i have only had the exclusivo and i still have about three more - what is your fav size? definitely had some more flavors today after resting for about 4 weeks.
    I've mostly smoked the exclusivo. That's generally the size I like in all cigars, but since I ordered the box, I got the sampler from CCOM. The torpedo was amazing!! So, the next time I order Nica Libres, that will be the size I get.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    shamrocked:
    Matt Marvel:
    shamrocked:

I've mostly smoked the exclusivo. That's generally the size I like in all cigars, but since I ordered the box, I got the sampler from CCOM. The torpedo was amazing!! So, the next time I order Nica Libres, that will be the size I get.
    yea i tend to like the torpedo size the most but usually end up with a robusto size mostly just for the fact i am always buying the dotd in multiple quantities - i remember the first torpedo i ever had was a rp vintage 1990 that i tried from my local b&m and ever since then i have been hooked on torps
  • Options
    Just finished up a rocky patel legends. When I first tried this cigar (when it first came out) I did not like it, was really toasty, like very toasted wood and charcoal. I don't know how long this particular stick I had was aged but it was mighty fine and very good. I should buy some, or trade for some hahah
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a two cigar day today - a rarity for me. This morning I had a Nica Libre with a cherry coffee. Amazing as always. Late this evening I had a Gurkha VH-7, one of the micro-batch. The wrapper unfortunately split and it burned all sorts of crazy due to that, but the flavor was very good. I've got a couple more in the humidor and I'll wait another month or so before trying out another.
  • Options
    Tonight I am having a regular favorite of mine, the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro. YuM YUM. I have probably smoked more of these than any other cigar. It is one tasty treat to be gotten on the cheap. I try to keep at least a handful around at all times. But now it is going to have a litle competion. Last night I had a Tabacos Baez SF. Albeit a Pepin, I had low expectations for this one, until now I always preferred to top shelf sticks from this guy.
    Here's my attempt at a review:
    I got quite a bit of cocoa and what I would call a rich leather. The burn and construction rival many long filler cigars. Another than already knowing, I could detect no difference between this "sandwich" blend and a regular long filler. The ash held till I got nervous about losing at well over an inch and a half. A nice light gray with a near perfect burn line.Draw offered plenty of rich and flavorful smoke, that left a light warm tingley spice on the finish. It was a very smooth and satisfing smoke, I cant wait to have many many more.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Enjoyed a Rocky Patel Sun Grown last night. Very, very good cigar! Just a little too strong for me. While I love the flavors, I'm just not a full bodied cigar kind of guy.
  • Options
    Last night I had a Hoyo Dark Sumatra. Tonight i'm going to try a Nat Sherman Omerta that was given to me. Oh, and it will be enjoyed by the outside firepit. Cool night, roaring fire, cup of coffee and a smoke. Doesnt get any better.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    having a rocky patel 1961, if you havent had this yet, try it i really do love it. every one has had a great draw and excellent flavor.
  • Options
    smokin a 4 year old tat miami. this cigar is awesome.
  • Options
    omg and i got some tat smoke in my eye!! nooooo it hurts!! hahah son of a gun
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had an El Mejor Espresso torp after lunch today. These things smell nice but it's the second one I've had that had draw issues and I've only had two. It was so tight I couldn't enjoy it and put it down after an inch. Hopefully the other 3 I have will be better.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Rocky Fusion today. It was a little harsh but underneath that harshness I could tell there was some good flavor. This like the past few for me was from the cotm club months ago. This one cracked the whole way down one side and it wasn't a straight split. It affected the burn a little but not the smokeability.

I was a bad boy today. I ordered myself 3 each of the cain maduro and habano, RP 1961, Dominus and Diesel. Also picked up a box of the 3 Siglos Torpedo. Thanks Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a awesome haul man!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'm not 100% sure what I will smoke tonight. We just got down here to the lake visiting the family and I brought a nice selection for a few days... Thinking either a Serie JJ Maduro, which will be my first of those, or a Cabaiguan... Tough choice!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm finishing up my Diesel, it's a fantastic cigar. I loved this, really wonderful and flavorful, great draw, unbelievable construction, just an all around lovely experience.