Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Heavy:
    Had an Oliva V torpedo earlier tonight at the local cigar bar. Thought it was OK but nothing to write home about. Anyone had any other vitolas? Wrapper looked nice - thinking I might try a narrower gauge - churchill or even a corona for a 'quickie' is more up my alley but their selection was limited.
    my personal favorite vitola in the Serie V is the Double Robusto...especially when it gets 8-12 months rest.

I'm having an excellent smoking day. Started today with a Padron 6000 Maduro. This had plenty of rest and was right in line with the other standard Padron lines. Not my favorite size I've had, but a good smoke nonetheless.

The second smoke was a La Aurora Preferido Cameroon Robusto. This had been in my humi for well over a year and was an awesome smoke. Perfect construction with what might have been the oiliest cameroon wrapper I've ever seen. Sweet and tangy from the start with bits of pepper on a woodsy/cedary base. Burned perfectly cool and slow with a perfect draw that produced clouds of creamy smoke. I'd love to revisit this stick, but not sure if I have another one.

I'm finally finishing the night with a favorite. The Tatuaje Miami in the Havana Cazadore size (6 3/8" x 43). It is wet sealed in foil packaging in the box and tends to be stronger than other sizes in the line. Great flavor and spice to these sticks (as with all Tat Miamis).
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was a great day, I went to the local cigar lounge for their customer appreciation day. Started with a La Flor Double Ligero Chisel, which was great. After that came a Padilla Sig. 1932 robusto which was also good. After that was a Punch Magnum, I had forgotten how much I like Punch cigars. After that was a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte robusto. Finally, I finished up with an Oliva Serie V Double Robusto. Awesome day and I got my pic taken and printed up by the General Cigar rep that was there. Lots of cool guys, good conversation and great cigars....and a free hat, woohoo.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Heavy:
    Had an Oliva V torpedo earlier tonight at the local cigar bar. Thought it was OK but nothing to write home about. Anyone had any other vitolas? Wrapper looked nice - thinking I might try a narrower gauge - churchill or even a corona for a 'quickie' is more up my alley but their selection was limited.
    my personal favorite vitola in the Serie V is the Double Robusto...especially when it gets 8-12 months rest.

I'm having an excellent smoking day. Started today with a Padron 6000 Maduro. This had plenty of rest and was right in line with the other standard Padron lines. Not my favorite size I've had, but a good smoke nonetheless.

The second smoke was a La Aurora Preferido Cameroon Robusto. This had been in my humi for well over a year and was an awesome smoke. Perfect construction with what might have been the oiliest cameroon wrapper I've ever seen. Sweet and tangy from the start with bits of pepper on a woodsy/cedary base. Burned perfectly cool and slow with a perfect draw that produced clouds of creamy smoke. I'd love to revisit this stick, but not sure if I have another one.

I'm finally finishing the night with a favorite. The Tatuaje Miami in the Havana Cazadore size (6 3/8" x 43). It is wet sealed in foil packaging in the box and tends to be stronger than other sizes in the line. Great flavor and spice to these sticks (as with all Tat Miamis).
    The only vitola I've had was the Double Robusto and I really like those. Can't speak for any of the others though. Tonight I smoked a San Cristobal Robusto which was very good. My third and favorite one, also unfortunately my last one =(.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a Patel Brothers robusto earlier at the Rocky Patel event at the local B&M here. It was an excellent stick, right up there with Rocky's best. I also smoked one of the new Nordings, but as far as I can tell, it is the same cigar just with new bands.
  • Options
    Wanted to thank all who wished me a happy birthday, so thanks all.
    The V Maduro didnt not dissappoint at all, well maybe a a little dissappointed in the fact that I only have two left:.(
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    Today was a great day, I went to the local cigar lounge for their customer appreciation day. Started with a La Flor Double Ligero Chisel, which was great. After that came a Padilla Sig. 1932 robusto which was also good. After that was a Punch Magnum, I had forgotten how much I like Punch cigars. After that was a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte robusto. Finally, I finished up with an Oliva Serie V Double Robusto. Awesome day and I got my pic taken and printed up by the General Cigar rep that was there. Lots of cool guys, good conversation and great cigars....and a free hat, woohoo.

A 5 smoke day I'm envious Joe ...sounds like you had a wonderful time ...
  • Options
    bobdbobd Posts: 71

Started the morning with a Cu-Avana that has been hanging around my humi since early summer, just thought I'd give it a try.  I would agree with what I have heard about them before, good cigar for the money. 

Right now I am smoking a Graycliff 1666, this is the second one of these that I have tried and I am not too impressed with these cigars.  What is everyone elses opinions of Graycliff?

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a Padilla Obsidion the other day. If i hadn't seen that it was a cigar I would have sworn I was smoking a buch of coffee wrapped in a tire tube. It was REDICULOUS! It tasted just like coffee and smelled like a burning tire. I def. didn't like it, but I think I might try another one just to see if it tastes the same. I am placing an order on Monday and I might see if I can get one tossed in there. Has anyone else had one of these? What did you think?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    I had a Padilla Obsidion the other day. If i hadn't seen that it was a cigar I would have sworn I was smoking a buch of coffee wrapped in a tire tube. It was REDICULOUS! It tasted just like coffee and smelled like a burning tire. I def. didn't like it, but I think I might try another one just to see if it tastes the same. I am placing an order on Monday and I might see if I can get one tossed in there. Has anyone else had one of these? What did you think?
    I really enjoy the obsidian personally. They do have a strong coffee flavor and if they haven't rested very long they can have some crazy burn issues, but give them 6 months + and they get a lot better. I have one left that is almost a year old and I'm thinking I may need to give it a shot once it passes that one year mark.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    I had 5 Vegas Classic the other night and enjoyed it very much. This one had a bit more age on it than the last one. I'm really starting to think 5 Vegas might be the best brand out there. They seem to have all flavour ranges covered, and at very reasonable prices.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a CAO VR yesterday and it was similar to the 5 Vegas A. It was ok. Not my cup ot tea. Today I had my last VSG Enchantment. This one was a little better than the last one but I was not really digging it at all. SO, now I know this is not a good size for me. TOnight I think is going to be a Diesel on the way to the gig and maybe a Dominus or RP 1961 on the way back.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Just finished the Camacho Triple Maduro that Gmill so kindly sent my way. What a flavor bomb that was!

Reminded much of the Gurkha Triple Legiro stiks, tasty. Thanks Gene.
  • Options
    RyJ Reserve Maduro robusto
  • Options
    Just finished off a Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon in the robusto size....this was my first 1916....great smoke...nice slow burn and a very pleasant aroma. The prelight aroma was soo tasty i could eat it..lol
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night at the last minute I picked up a Rocky Patel Vintage '92 that Krieg sent me... I only had it out of the package and in the humi about a day or two.... shoulda waited...

Flavor was good, but almost tasted a wee bit dry and like it had lost something... the first half was GREAT, then I put it down... THANKS KRIEG!!!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Gentleman... It is curently 9:15pm Saturday evening. Approximately 68 degrees. I am sitting in a comfortable lounge chair, gazing at a fire, and enjoying a great live acoustic singer... In one hand I have a delicious Perdomo2 Limited 08, and in the other an excellent Old Fashioned...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Beta confirmed it, but I had a Diesel Unholy Cocktail as a mystery cigar earlier. Wow, what a great smoke. Between that and the Patel Brothers I had last night, it has been two great nights in a row. Now what to smoke for tomorrow......
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Beta confirmed it, but I had a Diesel Unholy Cocktail as a mystery cigar earlier. Wow, what a great smoke. Between that and the Patel Brothers I had last night, it has been two great nights in a row. Now what to smoke for tomorrow......
    Man you guys are killing me! I've gotta try the Diesel ASAP!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Yes, yes you do. You've got a PM.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Had a 2 cigar night. (and my head is swimming!)

started with the Perdomo 10TH criollo AQUA sent me. finished with a Tat serie P corona.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Back at ya!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had a Cubao Torpedo tonight. Oh... my... god. What a fabulous cigar. Chocolate, cocoa. So amazing. I'm in love.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    I want a pm =/
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gurhka triple ligero...first time I tried this and it quickly became one of my favorite gurhkas. Spot on burn and excellent spice and coffee flavors.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Just came back inside from from smoking half of a Oliva Serie O toro, and a yum yum it was. Can't wait to go back out there to polish of the rest of it later today. This was the first time I put down a smoke with the intention of going back to it. Hope it doesn't burn away too much before going out.
  • Options
    T. Gervais:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    I want a pm =/
    Wish granted!!!! Tyler, you've got a PM!!!

Smoking a Padron 6000 Maduro right now. Not too bad, but nothing to write home about either. Gonna jump on my Mystery Cigar C a little later this afternoon, still haven't decided what to go with for this evening though, its gotta be something great to round out my weekend.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    So, I had the Diesel last night on the way to the gig. This cigar is solid and burned great but it was a little strong for my liking. I think age will do these good. My final cigar of last night was the Dominus. Same thing here. Some age should do this cigar wonders.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm smoking the Verdadero Organic I got from Hugemoose while I'm watching the Cowboys-Falcons game. Very unique cigar indeed. Smooth, creamy, and sweet- these are the words that come to mind as I'm smoking it. I'm certainly enjoying this one. Thanks again to Hugemoose for throwing this in with his package.
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    I finally got around to trying the Cain series today. I had a maduro robusto. It was enjoyable. Nice and rich in flavor. I will definitely get some more. I am smoking a Casa Magna Colorado right now. Pretty uneventful!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just finished a Forum Blend Maduro ...OMG ...I love these ...In another thread someone asked what you would do if you won the lottery...I would have the factory and rollers that produced these make me about 25 boxes to smoke like he_ll and age and give to friends and ...and also make sure the tobacco's and wrappers and binders were bought up and stored so when these 25 boxes ran out I could just give them a call and abra kadabra another 25 boxes !!!