Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    Anyone who wants a great creamy, buttery so good you almost want to eat it cigar, run and grab some gran habano 3 siglos!!! Sweet heaven, this is my 3rd sticks from them and all 3 have been terrific. This was a toroish size, and it stayed creamy all the way through, almost a buttery creamy. The robusto would be my choice, but I think after the 3rd one, it seals a box buy for me.
    I just bought a box of the Torpedos!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    did it come in a box? ccom has them labeled as bundles?
    phobicsquirrel:
    did it come in a box? ccom has them labeled as bundles?
    Yeah, sorry. Bundles, no box.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Anyone who wants a great creamy, buttery so good you almost want to eat it cigar, run and grab some gran habano 3 siglos!!! Sweet heaven, this is my 3rd sticks from them and all 3 have been terrific. This was a toroish size, and it stayed creamy all the way through, almost a buttery creamy. The robusto would be my choice, but I think after the 3rd one, it seals a box buy for me.
    That was one of my favorites a couple years ago. I'm always purchasing other sticks and the 3 siglos gets forgotten or ordering day. :(
    TatuajeVI:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    That was one of my favorites a couple years ago. I'm always purchasing other sticks and the 3 siglos gets forgotten or ordering day. :(
    They are being discontinued so you can get them for a great price at the moment.
    no doubt, but I hate bundles, my shop has them, so I'm going to have to see what they are for a box down there.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I had my first DPG namesake label at lunch today, one of the blue labels. It wasn't bad, not nearly as peppery as I was expecting, but it really wasn't great either. Just a so-so cigar for my tastes. Right now I am in the middle of a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle, which is very good. I do prefer the petit corona for these, but the knuckle is still damn tasty.
  • ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had a Oliva serie V after lunch today - still one of my favorites. My local shop is having an Oliva event on the 13th and I put myself down for a box....if you buy a box they give you a $40 sampler at this event. Then tonight, I had a cigar which has become one of my favorites as of late - Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary maduro.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had a DPG JJ maduro today. Damn this was a really great maduro. I know Pepin isnt known for his maduros but the 601 blue and the jj are 2 of my favorite maduros. Going to have my first Padilla habano tomorrow. Pretty excited as Ive been on a huge habano kick lately. Been smoking a bunch of 601 reds recently. Somthing about the sweet and spicy balance just really does it for me.
    Had a Tarazona one of you BoTL's here sent me, it was a very good cigar. I was working on a shirt design on Photoshop and wasn't paying attention to the cigar (burning and tasting so good I didn't think I needed to) and burnt a little of the band, lol. I smelled something horrible and first thought, "Oh god, did a bug or something crawl in here when they were rolling it?" Then I looked down and realized the band had started to burn. But, the cigar itself was great, which one of you was it that sent it to me? I'm horrible with keeping track of who sent what, but I do remember this was your friend's brand. I might need to work out a trade with whoever it was to get a few more of these.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Just came back in from having a Dominican Montecristo while listening to the U2 concert that's going on across the street at the stadium. Cigar not much better than mediocre, and concert distorted.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    5V Limitada 08 tonight, yumm! Had a Perdomo overrun rosado earlier. was a good day
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Camacho Connecticut toro this afternoon, I enjoyed it, medium body with some pepper kick, good stuff. Later was a Perdomo Reserve Oscuro robusto, good cigar but hard to enjoy due to the wind, it was quite gusty today.
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Had a Camacho Connecticut toro this afternoon, I enjoyed it, medium body with some pepper kick, good stuff.....

Hey, me too. Loved it. It was a great morning smoke.
    I had two yesterday. Started with a Gurkha Empire I. It was pretty good until the last 2 inches. Then it got super harsh and no purging helped. Next, I had a Padilla Cazadores. This one was not bad. The flavor was good but there was a harshness and bite to it. I can't wait to try one of the other Empires that I got.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I smoked a nording short torpedo (not sure the proper name) that I got in a game from our favorite green martian.

This cigar 4.5 x 50 lasted about 50 minutes of smoke time. It was pleasant the whole way. About a medium body. A lilttle peppery, but not in a bad way. When I was smoking it all I could think was that this was blended to compete with the Nub Habano. It was good. I would smoke them again.

• martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Alec Bradley SCR. good smoke.
    rwheelwright:
    I had two yesterday. Started with a Gurkha Empire I. It was pretty good until the last 2 inches. Then it got super harsh and no purging helped. Next, I had a Padilla Cazadores. This one was not bad. The flavor was good but there was a harshness and bite to it. I can't wait to try one of the other Empires that I got.
    Yeah, I think some time will help out the empires.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    CAO CX2.. While I enjoyed this very much.. It didn't really blow me away. Woody, earthy, at times hints of nut, but forgettable, for lack of a better term. It changed from mild to medium nicely, was smooth throughout. I wouldn't rush out to buy a box, but would smoke it again. Any other opinions on this one ?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Today was a AF Love story ...nice little smoke for a wild a_ss day ...
    kaspera79:
    CAO CX2.. While I enjoyed this very much.. It didn't really blow me away. Woody, earthy, at times hints of nut, but forgettable, for lack of a better term. It changed from mild to medium nicely, was smooth throughout. I wouldn't rush out to buy a box, but would smoke it again. Any other opinions on this one ?
    I think that about sums up my feelings on this cigar. I'm not a fan of CAO really, but the CX2 is the one I'll go for if I'm to smoke a CAO. I like, I will smoke it again, but I won't be buying a box ever because they would just sit.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'm out of town on business and found a little cigar bar across from the hotel - selection was limited plus I had to go cheapo so I tried a Montesino maduro not expecting much but was pleasantly suprised. It was a nice mild little smoke esp for the price.
    Did you like the mx2? I found it to have more flavor.
    Had a Olivia V maduro tonight. A good way to end a crappy day. Started out with a Olivia V robust this morning.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had a great 3 smoke night! Started at the Pete Johnson event with an Ambos Mundos natural and it was great. Perfect burn and draw and tons of flavor, then I smoked one of the El Tiunfador Lanceros from the box I split with my buddy Nick, and I finished off the night here on the balcony with a DPG Serie JJ Maduro. That was a great way to end a night of awesome smokes!
    Having a CAO Sopranos right now. Its pretty good, but nothing too special. THese wouldn't be bad for a cheaper cigar, but the MSRP is ridiculous.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a Padron 64 Principe earlier tonight that was awesome. And now finishing up an Illusione F9 (6 1/4" x 44). Another good Illusione, but not my favorite size in the line.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Having a CAO Sopranos right now. Its pretty good, but nothing too special. THese wouldn't be bad for a cheaper cigar, but the MSRP is ridiculous.
    I really like these cigars... I've only had one, but I think I loved the time I spent saying
    "WHOA!" and "Fugheddaboutit" while smoking it....

That's the best Part!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Just finished up the Nording I picked up tonight. Holy freakin' crap this thing was awesome!!!!! It was packed full of flavor, burned perfectly, and had an amazing draw! I have to get more of these!
    Had a few today. First up was an Ashton Monarch tubo, I really like Ashtons for a mild cigar and this one hit the spot. Later I decided to try a Diesel, I wish I hadn't because this was not ready to be smoked...I'll save forming an opinion until I've had one that is rested for a bit. To finish off the night was a Padilla Cazadores torpedo, same as the Diesel, I wish I hadn't smoke this one as it just needs to rest for a bit. I'll revisit both in 2-3 weeks and see how they are then.