Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had 3 today. A perdomo champagne which was ok. Then tried the new patel bros toro. This was fantastic even fresh out of the humi from the bnm. Very rich dark and full of flavor. Way better then the new rp 1961. Took 1 home to rest for a month or so. Finished off with a cubao torp still 1 of the best smokes imo.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    shamrocked:
    Hugemoose:
    alienmisprint:
    Hugemoose:
    I had a Ccom Brazilian Label Robusto the other night. Wow. Just.....wow. I no longer have peach fuzz on my fingers anymore because of that cigar. I am such a huge fan a maduros this was right up my alley. Sweet, smooth, rich, no real spice......simply perfect. Just my kind of cigar.

As soon as I have room I will be getting a box of these. The only real question now is what size should I get?!
    I highly reccomend the Corona, the wrapper is such a flavor bomb and it really gets to shine in that size.
    Good to know....thanks! I had been looking at the torpedo but I almost don't want to commit to a box until I try all the sizes. It is a shame ccom is out of stock on the huge Brazilian label sampler. I will give them a call in a awhile and work something out. I can't wait to have more of these on hand!
    Yea i have been wanting to split that huge sampler with a friend but they have been sold out online for a while - i ended up deciding to buy some shorter smokes and went with the cao brazilia cariocas. Thanks for the toro suggestion too alien ... i never know what size to go with in a lot of cigars and tend to always gravitate towards robusto sizes
    Moose - you should really be thanking Laker, he's the one who turned me on to them. And Sham (which is also my boss's nickname, wierd), the corona, not the Toro. The toro may be awesome too, I dunno, but I know the Corona is out of this world.

PuroFreak:
    I have actually had the Orange label and wasn't all that impressed. It wasn't a bad smoke by any means, but I didn't think it was that great. I haven't tried the Purple yet, but I think my buddy has a couple in the humi.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Orange label was the end-all-be-all or anything, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. The Purple was very good too, but like everything, tastes are subjective.

Had a Decade Toro with three months on it earlier, excellent cigar as always, there is a reason these are my favorite smoke.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Well in that case....thanks laker! All I know is, I will be picking some of these up soon. I really enjoyed them.

Tonight I had a Graycliff 1666 that I believe I received a little while ago from Stan. It was dated, 7/08. It was fantastic. Lots of flavor changes, smooth the whole way through, and burned very evenly. This will be another one added to the list of cigars to keep in stock.

Crap......I need a bigger humidor.
  • Options
    La Aroma de Cuba, the old blend. Picked up a petit corona the other day from the b&m for 3 bucks to try the old blend and I can see why everyone is upset about the changing the blend. It was a great smoke, wonder if they can repackage the same blend and sell under another name? hahah Peace, Nick
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    nickgonzo:
    La Aroma de Cuba, the old blend. Picked up a petit corona the other day from the b&m for 3 bucks to try the old blend and I can see why everyone is upset about the changing the blend. It was a great smoke, wonder if they can repackage the same blend and sell under another name? hahah Peace, Nick
    I thought the new Pepin blend was much better. It had a lot more flavor and was a smoother smoke to me. I actually haven't heard any complaints about it.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    nickgonzo:
    I thought the new Pepin blend was much better. It had a lot more flavor and was a smoother smoke to me. I actually haven't heard any complaints about it.
    I haven't been able to find the new Pepin blend. I love the "old" blend - a great every day smoke. If the Pepin blend is even better - sweet!
  • Options
    Had a A.Fernadez Sig. Habano ...great cigar..last on in the humi...after about the first inch .. It struck me...Im going to have to get more...
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Tonight will be a go to smoke for me, Cohiba Siglo IV....I have some tastey Siglo VI's on the way....
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Verdadero Organic... Very unique. Never had one like this before. This was one of the smoothest, mildest, cigars I have ever had. The taste was very pleasant., wood, nut, and fruit. Consistent through the entire cigar but it is a taste you won't tire of. Tons of smoke, I'm glad I got a chance to try this one. Thanks to Stan (Renni ) I would recommend them, and buy them too.
  • Options
    Had a Padilla 68 with about 6 months on it, waaaayy! better with then when it was 1 month old. Still Padillas always leave me felling a little sickly, Still to young me thinks....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a couple today, a Gurkha dragon fury, nub conni, and just landed by UPS today, a Gurkha Red Dragon. Wow is all I can say, I love this cigar.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I had me a Gurkha Vintage Shaggy at work and it was awesome as usual.
  • Options
    Just had another 50/50. To me, this stick rivals and/or bests all the sticks that sell for two to three times the price
  • Options
    Just finishing up a Forum Blend Sumatra with a little over two months on it now. Man, these really are awesome. The age has definately improved an already very good cigar, I really hope they do production on both, but even if it is just the Sumatra, I would be content, lol.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Smoked me a MoW torpedo. This was one of the best smokes I've ever had. Didn't want it to end. Perfect smoke to cap off a horrible day at the office.
  • Options
    had a Jose Pierda from AQUA thanks again bro
  • Options
    Smoked a Ruination robusto #1 tonight and wow it was tasty. It was so good I forgot to attempt discerning any specific flavors from it lol.
  • Options
    I smoked the Alec Bradley Vice Press. It was a large ring gauge box press maduro. It canoed on me much to my dismay. Overall it was medium bodied, and a decent smoke. Only my second AB, after the Tempus. Has anybody smoked one?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I enjoyed a Forum Blend Sumatra last night. Perfect burn (no corrections or relights in 2 hours of smoking) and a wonderful flavor. Sad I only have one Sumatra and one Maduro left.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to drop my wife off at the beauty salon, so I stopped by my local B&M and tried a Nub Connecticut while I was waiting. I always wanted to try a Nub and I thought this was a good opportunity.

It was very good, smoked smoothly but was a little mild. The next time I'll try the fuller bodied Nub. Enjoyed it a lot though.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jacketsrule:
    I smoked the Alec Bradley Vice Press. It was a large ring gauge box press maduro. It canoed on me much to my dismay. Overall it was medium bodied, and a decent smoke. Only my second AB, after the Tempus. Has anybody smoked one?
    Only AB I've ever tried was the SCR a few weeks ago. Really liked it, medium bodied but pretty full-flavored. I had a corona so it was a bit of a quickie - no burn issues. Think I might try out a Padilla Habana tonight I've had resting in the humi for about 3 months. Got a couple in a c.com sampler and have been curious about this one.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    smoked a man-o war at work ...good smoke although I was constantly interrupted ...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Fire Maduro Toro. It was in the Indian Tabac line but I believe it is no longer in production. I only have one left but I wish I had more. Excellent combination of flavors. This was the 19th that I have had, and I didn't have an issue with one, which is rare. This stick is not going to get a 90+ rating or anything, but for $2 a stick, it is great.
  • Options
    Just finishing up a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II that has about 3 months on it. These are great cigars anyways, but are getting even better with age.
  • Options
    It's my birthday today and I think I'll celebrate with the most well rested stick in my humidor, which is sadly only 5 months old haha. Its a Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ robusto, and I'm looking forward to it =)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    It's my birthday today and I think I'll celebrate with the most well rested stick in my humidor, which is sadly only 5 months old haha. Its a Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ robusto, and I'm looking forward to it =)
    First off... HAPPY BDAY!!!
    Secondly, The JJ is a GREAT cigar! Mine was almost flawless in construction

Lastly, I'm smoking the Rocky 1961 tonight... It came in the "Cigar of the Month" club and I already have bought have a box that I don't want to split up just yet, so I figured what the hell!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Smoked a Nording tonight, was fantastic as always.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what I'll be smoking tomorrow, but I am going to have something to celebrate getting a new dog. Might take her for a walk and enjoy something good like a Don Pepin Ceturion or maybe one of my new Tatuaje's I picked up... hmmmm....
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    PuroFreak:
    I'm not sure what I'll be smoking tomorrow, but I am going to have something to celebrate getting a new dog. Might take her for a walk and enjoy something good like a Don Pepin Ceturion or maybe one of my new Tatuaje's I picked up... hmmmm....
    Hey, you got her! Congrats on the new addition to the family Jason.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    PuroFreak:
    Hey, you got her! Congrats on the new addition to the family Jason.
    We are actually picking her up tomorrow morning. Talked to the lady tonight.