Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Had a Gurkha Empire III tonight. Was similar to the I but got this funky taste about half way through. It was weird like I was smoking perfume. Then that faded about 2 inches later and it started to get bitter so I tossed with about 2 inches left.
    Interesting, never had that with mine.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm smoking an Alec Bradley Maxx Brazil that Laker Sent me... I just lit it, will report later!

P.S. the perfume thing has happened to me... It wasn't the sticks I was smoking (Happened on Three) it was the scented candle by me that would infuse with my smoke and about halfway through the damned things would go sour REAL fast
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Felipe Gregorio Pelo de Oro corona gorda this afternoon and am thoroughly confused as to what I think of it. On the one hand, there were parts of it that were very tasty, but on the other hand it had a taste like walking through a dust cloud while chewing on hay, and I'm pretty sure that part comes from the wrapper because I experience the same thing with the FG Power that has the same wrapper. I'm not sure if I like it or not...I think this is the first time I can say that about a cigar.

Later was part of a Kristoff Ligero maduro torpedo. Wow. Where have these cigars been this whole time? It was fan-freakin-tastic, the flavors, the balance, the mouth feel, the draw and burn....all superb. What a truly top notch cigar that was, I wish I had bought a few more.
  • Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    padilla habano for me tonight which was awesome, it must have been good i spent an hour and thirty minutes on it in 35 degree temps. My hands were froze but it was worth it!
  • Had a tat havana, great smoke a little young but very nice.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Had a stick rolled by Felix Martinez... He was apparently the top roller for a major blender (AJ Fernandez i think) for 18 years, and now he lives in my area and rolls a small line for my shop. I've never seen anything rolled as perfectly beautiful as these sticks guys, and the draw was excellent. Had a couple burn issues, but I think that was probably more due to me being very engaged in conversation and losing track of my stick.. Flavors were very subtle, but I picked up a little hay, and a bit of cocoa in the 2nd third.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    The Maxx was a great smooth and flavorful smoke... about halfway through though it did get bitter, I had to purge the summbitch and that still didn't help... but was REALLY good for the first portion!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had a RP Signature (mini-Salomon). Burn was perfect. Flavor was average. I didn't get much with this one - let her go with about two inches left after getting bored. It didn't get bitter or gross - there just wasn't much to rave about.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I had an Onyx Reserve Maduro (churchill). Pretty good smoke, had some burn issues, but nothing out of control. It started mild and just kept building up, the last half was pretty spicy/peppery. For me it was good, but not great, all things considered.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had a fantastic Nestor Special Selection Lancero. These are just so damn good. Great flavor and burn and an awesome draw for a lancero. Was so good I had to snap a picture of it.

Photobucket

Followed that up with a 5 Vegas Miami. Damn good couple smokes tonight!
    I've moved onto a fresh Rocky Patel Rennaissance and this one is just from the B&M from the event I went to... we'll she how she pans out
    Lasabar:
    I've moved onto a fresh Rocky Patel Rennaissance and this one is just from the B&M from the event I went to... we'll she how she pans out
    Dud... tasted okay, but there was a vein at the head and when I tried to snap it off it shot a 3" crack down the side, then it drew like poop.... crap!
    I can't wait any longer, I'm about to light up a CSII. I'll report back in a while...
    Wow, what a fan-freakin-tastic smoke! Perfect burn, great pepper and leather notes, good power but not overwhelming. One of my fav's so far.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think I am going to break open a Partagas Limited Decadas 1996 that I have had since 06. I bought one in 06 and one in 07. I think it's about time. But, what else am I going to smoke tonight? Any ideas?
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm smoking a Nub Habano right now. I haven't been smoking much at all over the past week. I've been having one every other day. It's good because my humi is still packed. I've been trying to have a little more self-control with my cigars, that way I don't burn through them really fast.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rwheelwright:
    I think I am going to break open a Partagas Limited Decadas 1996 that I have had since 06. I bought one in 06 and one in 07. I think it's about time. But, what else am I going to smoke tonight? Any ideas?

Man, that sounds like an awsome smoke ...aged 3 years !!! ...I salute your patience my friend !!!
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

Man, that sounds like an awsome smoke ...aged 3 years !!! ...I salute your patience my friend !!!
    I actually forgot I had them. Because I only got one of each year it is easy to not notice them. I have a Don Carlos #2 and a Oliva 64 Torpedo still sitting from October 06 that I am going to light soon.
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

I actually forgot I had them. Because I only got one of each year it is easy to not notice them. I have a Don Carlos #2 and a Oliva 64 Torpedo still sitting from October 06 that I am going to light soon.
    Is that the one in the glass TUBO? I have one of those bad boys sitting around... all pretty with the copper 1996 little tag hanging off of it!
    Lasabar:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

Is that the one in the glass TUBO? I have one of those bad boys sitting around... all pretty with the copper 1996 little tag hanging off of it!
    That's the one! It is a robusto. The 07 is a Toro I think.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I'm smoking a Gurkha Legend Perfecto Maduro tonight. just got it in the mail and not patient enough to wait
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had a Puro Indios Viejo... and honestly I was shocked! It didn't suck... smoked better than some of the prime brands I've had.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    dennisking:
    I'm smoking a Gurkha Legend Perfecto Maduro tonight. just got it in the mail and not patient enough to wait

That sounds pretty nice...I have one at home too and now I'm tempted to take that one out tonight.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    well, if you don't, i'll at least tell you what i think of mine.
    BStayer:
    dennisking:

That sounds pretty nice...I have one at home too and now I'm tempted to take that one out tonight.
    I have a few packs of these, I really like them.
    rwheelwright:
    Lasabar:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

That's the one! It is a robusto. The 07 is a Toro I think.
    For some reason I don't think mine is a Robusto, I'd say churchilll or Toro... but I'm sure it says 1996... (I didn't even know they made a 1997)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a Nording torpedo earlier, awesome little smoke. Probably going to have a Diesel in a little while.
    I'm having a Ashton ESG 20 year salute right now, review will up in a bit.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Torano Virtuoso... This ws a rather pleasant cigar from Torano.. Earthy was the word that kept coming to mind, a little leather and a sort of " wine like taste" Am a wrong here ? I like the Signature and " casa" alot more, but this was still one worth repeating.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

I love me some Don Carlos ......damn ...that didn't sound gay did it Lmao ...