Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night after many a beer, beer pong, we started a bonfire around 130am... around the fire I handed out Montecristo No. 4's... good night
  • Options
    Man that is unfortunate Lassy, and if memory serves me this is not the first time this has happened to you. Maybe you need to have a breathalizer installed onto your humidor haha! Just kiddibng man =)
  • Options
    T. Gervais:
    Man that is unfortunate Lassy, and if memory serves me this is not the first time this has happened to you. Maybe you need to have a breathalizer installed onto your humidor haha! Just kiddibng man =)
    Oh no! Last night was family, it was actually a good night... on my BIRTHDAY is when Errrvryone got one
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Last night after many a beer, beer pong, we started a bonfire around 130am... around the fire I handed out Montecristo No. 4's... good night
    I hope these people knew what you were giving them.. I'd hate it if these were wasted on " Dutch Master " Regulars....
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    I hope these people knew what you were giving them.. I'd hate it if these were wasted on " Dutch Master " Regulars....
    No joke... I've already made the mistake of handing out premiums only to watch them get smashed into an ashtray. Won't be doing thAt again..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    It was a beautiful day here in North Georgia. I started with a Padilla Obsidian, and then finished with a Aurora Barrell aged. Both had a perfect burn with lots of flavor. I am going to age some Obsidians for later.
  • Options
    jacketsrule:
    It was a beautiful day here in North Georgia. I started with a Padilla Obsidian, and then finished with a Aurora Barrell aged. Both had a perfect burn with lots of flavor. I am going to age some Obsidians for later.
    Padilla with a perfect burn??? Now I've heard everything! ;)
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    The Padilla Habano I had yesterday burned pretty darn perfect for me.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    That last post was actually me, I'm using jihggs computer...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Today was a three cigar day....1st for me but it's been a long week. I started off with a Cam Nub. What a great smoke for the early morning with a coffee. Then I had a 5 Vegas Classic for mid-day which was great for the drive home. Then for my night cap I did a RP Decade. What an amazing smoke, I'm just sitting here thinking I need to get some more.....then I look at my funds and think better not.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    beer bong! sweet! Had a cain natural today, crappy burn, kept going out and well i wasn't happy.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Had a Gurkha Micro batch Liga VH-7. Hated it. All I was getting was spice for about the first half. Couldn't really taste anything over the spice. Totally unpleasant, IMO.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started my day with a Ci Legends Gray label from Cusano, I thought it was a pleasant mild-medium cigar, tasted like a Cusano for sure, pretty decent cigar. Later was a Viaje 50/50 corona gorda, in short I was really let down by this cigar, I don't feel it delivered on the 'two blends in one cigar" claim, not do I feel it was particularly good...I have one more in a different size that I'll be trying out to hopefully sway my opinion, as of right now though I would not buy another. To round things out, I had a La Flor Dominicana Mysterio natural, this one was good, not great, and I think it was a little too peppery and that threw the balance off, also it got really soft as it burned, like squishy.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a RP Rosado Toro to close the night out. This one had about 6 months on it, and damn it was good. I don't remember them being this good, but it has been a while since I had one. The age must have helped these immensely, it was so mellow and smooth, but still had a very nice flavor and just a little kick. Kinda wish I had more than three of them left.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you ever want some more RP Rosados Tony, let me know. I've got a box of the double coronas, have had them in the humidor for over a year now. I don't smoke them often and would be willing to trade some away. And yes, the rest time really does these well.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    T. Gervais:
    Oh no! Last night was family, it was actually a good night... on my BIRTHDAY is when Errrvryone got one
    Everyone except... me? BOO! HISS!!

Note to self: if I ever make it to wisconsin, get lassy drunk with Miller Lite, start a bonfire, and ask him for a ISOM.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    T. Gervais:

Note to self: if I ever make it to wisconsin, get lassy drunk with Miller Lite, start a bonfire, and ask him for a ISOM.
    With the money it would take to buy enough Miller Lite to get him that drunk, it would probably be cheaper to charter a jet to fly you to Cuba and buy a box of them yourself!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    T. Gervais:

With the money it would take to buy enough Miller Lite to get him that drunk, it would probably be cheaper to charter a jet to fly you to Cuba and buy a box of them yourself!

Ha!!!
  • Options
    Who are you guys kidding??? I'll probably already be drunk... just light something on fire!
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Mojito and a Graycliff 1666 PG. midway through. fairly impressed with it taste wise. some burn issues though.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Went on a hunting trip this weekend and Saturday was my first-ever three-cigar day...started off with a Cain maduro, then had a Casa Magna and ended with an Alec Bradley Tempus. The cain was OK, the Casa Magna was awesome and the Tempus was somewhere between OK and awesome.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Rocky Patel 1961, and loving it. Posted a vaguely rambling review in the review section.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Wanted to smoke a NUB maduro, took it out of the cello and the wrapper was unraveling,,,that sucked . Swiyched to a NUB Habano,,,it saved the night, Very good
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have a Punch Double Corona laid out for later> I hear it should be very nice...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a couple sticks today... a Felipe Gregorio Dos Capas and a 5 Vegas Gold torp... the Dos Capas was cool but I think I'm beginning to grow out of connecticut wrapped cigars. I used to love them but now they're kinda meh at best.... I hope it's just a phase.
  • Options
    Just polished off a Gurkha Evil robusto size. While I have no love for this brand, I found this cigar to be very enjoyable, it had excellent construction and a beautiful burn. Flavor and strength were medium/leaning full to me. This cigar sports a brazilian wrapper around a DR binder with Nicaraguan filler. I found the wrapper quite delicious, after I get and try a few more along with the Assassin(similiar blend with Peruvian Filler added). I may actually be looking to get on the bus.lol
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up Joe, I may take you up on that.

We had a pretty slow night at the shop this evening, so I got in two cigars. First, I had another Diesel, which I have got to quit smoking so I can let them age. Then I had a RP OWR Maduro, which was a as good as they normally are. Right now I am in the middle of a Famous 70th Ann Perdomo, which is extremely tasty.
  • Options
    Waiting to try the new Diesels this weekend. Smoked an ACID Kuba Kuba tonight. Tasty.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm finally smoking the Cain Maduro I picked up about a week or so ago, and this thing is pretty good. I've paired it with Johnnie Walker, Monday Night Football, and a website/forum that provides extensive information about Texas high school football, specifically the 2A and lower classifications that I found. This is a good night.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Bummed tonight. Yesterday had a VH-7 that I thought was yuck. Tonight I had the old standby SLR toro in a humitube and decided to enjoy it on the way home from work. Well, long story short, damn thing wouldn't draw for *** no matter how much I opened it up. Talk about frustrating.

Tomorrow my Diesels should get here. I can't wait to clip one of those bad boys and ENJOY a cigar!