Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I have been very sick....nothing for me in quite a while.
  • Options
    Smoking a Tabacos Baez right now and these are great! Awesome spice upfront which mellowed out after about an inch in, the flavors the gradually pick up and change from there. Almost at the band right now and its only getting better. I took a chance on these and I'm glad I did, thanks again j0z.

Peace, Nick
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    Just polished off a Gurkha Evil robusto size. While I have no love for this brand, I found this cigar to be very enjoyable, it had excellent construction and a beautiful burn. Flavor and strength were medium/leaning full to me. This cigar sports a brazilian wrapper around a DR binder with Nicaraguan filler. I found the wrapper quite delicious, after I get and try a few more along with the Assassin(similiar blend with Peruvian Filler added). I may actually be looking to get on the bus.lol
    Good to know, waiting for my 5ers...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Had a Decade Torp followed by a MOW this weekend. Definately was a good combo!
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    I have been very sick....nothing for me in quite a while.
    Same, I caught something pretty bad this weekend and have had to replace cigars with antibiotics haha. Just starting to feel better, so I might have one tommorow.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Oliva Serie G torpedo. not too shabby. nothing too remarkable. just a good milder smoke. razor sharp burn.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    retract the "milder" comment. definitely had a spicy kick to it a little over halfway in.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I had a Padilla Miami and it was before dinner....lets just say it was strong on an empty stomach. Very good smoke but it was a little young as it had only been in my humi for just over a month. I have so many different sticks that I want to try in my humi. Makes it hard to decide what to smoke next. Thinking I'm going to try a MOW tomorrow as it is Vets day!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nothing today or tonight ...rained all day and supposed to all night ...tomorrows another day
  • Options
    nearing the end of a T52 Liga Privada, anyone got a bowl?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    I guess you like it? :)

Today was a helluva cigar day for me. Started off at a lounge killing some time and smoked a Cabaiguan churchill, awesome cigar. Later I had a Cruzado corona gorda, another good one though it did get bitter in the last couple inches. After that was a Romeo y Julieta Vintage churchill, I really liked this one. A while after that I had part of a Montecristo that Doug sent me, due to rough handling the wrapper was in tatters, but it smoked ok, about halfway it started developing a bitter, funkiness so I laid it to rest...To make up for that I lit up a Man o War robusto, it has been quite some time since I've had a regular MoW and I had forgotten how much I like them, I like some things better than the Ruination.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sounds lke you had a killer day Joe, nice. I had a IT Super Fuerte at work today, very good as always. I just finished a Intenso Robusto, not bad either. This was my second Intenso, and although the Toro was a little better, the robusto was still damn good. I think it is safe to say I like the Intensos.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I just had a Gurkha Symphony. I was pleasantly surprised...perfect burn the whole time. Creamy, nutty, earth, (everytime I hear creamy and nutty in the same sentence, I think of Austin Powers and I about throw up!). Went very well with my coffee this morning.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to have a 5 Vegas Gold, this will my 2nd 5 Vegas and hopefully a better smoke/experience than the Classic I had last week.
  • Options
    I had my first Jesus Fuego product last night. I have heard rave reviews of his work, much like A. J. Fernandez. I had the J. Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo No. 1 Belicoso. It was a beutiful reddish cigar, well constructed. It had a smooth pre light draw, and a sweet smell. It's burn was perfect, and it lasted about an hour. It started off mildly spicy, then mellowed out into a fine medium bodied smoke. I will definitely buy more of these, as well as trying other Fuego releases. I would love to find the 777 in Maduro, It looks awesome in the catalogs.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    mustluvcigars:
    Well this one did have a major burn/construction issue that developed and nearly ruined the first half. but once I got through it the second half was wonderful and I was not ready fo it to be over.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Diamondog:
    I am going to have a 5 Vegas Gold, this will my 2nd 5 Vegas and hopefully a better smoke/experience than the Classic I had last week.

I really enjoy the 5 Vegas Gold. Hopefully your experience will be as pleasant as mine have been with this stick!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:
    mustluvcigars:
    Well this one did have a major burn/construction issue that developed and nearly ruined the first half. but once I got through it the second half was wonderful and I was not ready fo it to be over.
    That's two quote's on this forum that I took COMPLETELY different and my mind immediately thought of the poster as puking there guts out... (TheShaun's "Plunger" comment and now this one)

I think I need to stop reading the "Turning Green" thread so I don't read into too many posts....

(or all you Canadiens and the like learn to speak AMERICAN!!!!)
  • Options
    I just had me a real nice Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur. It's the second one i've had and I'm loving them, especially after an extra long day.
  • Options
    I just finished my Room 101 60 guage hog. It was a good medium bodied cigar. It cost about $10, which is not too bad for such a large cigar. I usually smoke torpedos, so it was hard to manage 60 rings.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I just got around to smoking the maduro forum blend. It was so tasty! It makes me regret only buying one smapler.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I JUST started in on a Bolivar Belicosos Finos....

This guys is starting out pretty damn tasty...

This is my first BBF but it shall not be my last
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Just had my first Diesel. Couple corrective lights for an uneven burn but I nubbed this one. Really good cigar. I'm gonna have to buy a box!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had another multiple cigar day, trying like hell to smoke down some overflow. Started with a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real toro, smooth, creamy mild cigar, I always like these. Later was a Napa Estate toro tubo from H Uppman, another nice mild cigar that I picked up for less than $2 on auction. After that was a Joya de Nicaragua Clasico criollo torpedo, very nice cigar by itself, and for the budget conscious a good choice for less than $5, and that's not a qualifying statement, it would be good if it cost $7-$8, but the price point on it is an added bonus. To finished things off was a Kristoff criollo toro, very smooth medium bodied cigar, nice flavors with an excellent balance.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Tuesday night I had a 5 Vegas something or other. It was a little tiny torpedo that came in a tin of 10. I forget what it was. I have had two before this and they developed tar buildup. This one I only smoked half way because it was for a short drive from home to school. It was ok. No tar buildup but was a little bitter. I've had these easily for 6 months.

Yesterday I started with a GAR. My first and only one. I got this in a custom sampler back at the beginning of July. When I first lit it, the end cracked. It smoked ok for the first half but after that I had a hard time keeping it lit. I don't know why I had such a problem because this thing has been sitting in nothing above 70% but closer to 66 - 67 for months. I did get some really nice tastes out of it every once in a while but that was about it. Not sure I would get another one. My second cigar was a Gurkha Legend Churchill that I got when I signed up for the cotm club back in March or April of 08. This cigar was ok but I liked the torpedo better.
  • Options
    Picked up 15 Gurkha Legend Presidente's recently, and am very curious on how an 8-1/2" cigar will smoke.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Sam Spade:
    Picked up 15 Gurkha Legend Presidente's recently, and am very curious on how an 8-1/2" cigar will smoke.
    prolly for at least 2 hours
  • Options
    hoping so! :D
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Dominico.... Worst cigar I've ever had! That includes swishers and black and mild....
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a brand new line that came out this year. Received a sampler of 4 sticks from La Caridad Del Cobre out of Miami. Really excited to try these. Looks like I have 2 robustos (1 is maduro), 1 torpedo, and a Churchill.

Natural blend: Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper, Binder and Filler from Estelli, Nicaragua. Also, Maduro Natural: Arapiraca (Brazil) Wrapper, Binder and Filler from the Dominican Republic