Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Last night was a Gurkha VH-7. It was good, not great. There were some very minor burn issues, but it had good flavor. When it was said and done, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    YankeeMan:
    Yesterday my patience gave out and I had to try one of new Diesels... I really enjoyed it and I think it will be one of my favorites.

+1
  • Options
    BStayer:
    YankeeMan:
    Yesterday my patience gave out and I had to try one of new Diesels... I really enjoyed it and I think it will be one of my favorites.

+1
    I almost broke down and grabbed a diesel myself...smells great, decided to sit on them for just a little longer(dont know how much longer I can hold out) and grabbed a rocky patel sungrown instead
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Well, I started feeling a lot better tonight. I've been waiting to smoke the RP Autumn Collection '09 that I've had sitting, but I wanted to smoke it on a nice, cold night. Well, that's exactly what it's like here. I've paired it with a glass of hot cider, and it's a pretty nice smoke so far. There's nothing amazing about it, but it has a good draw, and a nice burn. It has a pumpkin-y flavor to it. I'm enjoying it while watching some Mavs' basketball, and then I'll watch some Monday Night Football. So far, not too bad of a night.
  • Options
    Smoked an El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro that I got from Renaissance Man. I had never heard of it before it showed up on my doorstep, and I was pleasantly surprised. A good stick to be sure. Thanks Stan =)
  • Options
    Tonights smoking enjoyment came courtesy of bbc020, The La Gloria Cubana Artesanito of the Artesano de Miami line. This cigar is simply amazing, a heavenly blend of DR and Nicaraugan with a habano wrapper, Creamy,complex that builds with each lusciuos draw. Thanks a ton to Brandon for turning me on to these.
  • Options
    Smoking a Perdomo Fresh Rolled or whatever they are called, literally feels like they were rolled the day they were shipped, For the money I paid for them not a bad smoke at all. Infact a great value stick hard to beat for the money on auction.

Peace, Nick
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a CAO America Monument tonight, this has got to be my favorite CAO. And this was the first time I've had this size, it may very well be my favorite size.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had some good ones today. I started with a Perdomo Reserve Cameroon robusto, which is a nice medium bodied smoke. Later was an El Triunfador, went diggin in my humidor and found out I still had two left, sweet, this is an awesome cigar and I've been really liking lanceros recently. To finish the day I had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 which is a very flavorful and satisfying toro, too bad it was my last one.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Had some good ones today. I started with a Perdomo Reserve Cameroon robusto, which is a nice medium bodied smoke. Later was an El Triunfador, went diggin in my humidor and found out I still had two left, sweet, this is an awesome cigar and I've been really liking lanceros recently. To finish the day I had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 which is a very flavorful and satisfying toro, too bad it was my last one.
    ~~~ Nice line up Joe! My best smoke of the night (to this point) was a barrel aged Montecristo Afrique, but I might just go Humi-shopping to save some face :)
  • Options
    After lunch I had a Tatuaje Havana VI, it was really good. Tonight was a MOW, I liked it a lot, but I know it needs some time to get as good as it can be. All round a good day :^)
  • Options
    Smoking a Perdomo ESV 91 Conni. Reminds me of the Macanudo Vintage 2000 I had. Neither of these arre bad cigars and this ESV has great construction and burn. I know the ESV is a forum fave, but I just cant get into this type of cigar. It is smooth smoking, maybe just too smooth for my tastes. I am not going to say I dont like it, but I will say it doesnt excite or woo me.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Duder2:
    After lunch I had a Tatuaje Havana VI, it was really good. Tonight was a MOW, I liked it a lot, but I know it needs some time to get as good as it can be. All round a good day :^)
    That is what I enjoyed last night, a Tatuaje Havana VI. I honestly don't remember whom I received it from (in a trade on ccom), but I enjoyed it. It started off kind of boring with just nothing but tobacco taste, but quickly turned into something great. The finish was great and it only became better as I got further into the cigar.

Now I am terrible at discerning flavors in a cigar, but this was a very tasty cigar after about the first thrid.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    this morning on my way into work i had my last Cusano M1. currently smoking an A. Fernandez robusto. not sure what i will have this evening...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had a Bahia Trinidad that a buddy gave me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I would have spent money on either, I am glad it was a free smoke. I couldn't quit put my finger on the flavor I was tasting but I think it might have had a bit of an orangey taste, maybe some other citrus fruit - weird. I had some nuts burn issues the whole way through and my buddy's was worse. After the Blue and now the Trinidad, I have come to the conclusion that they are good enough sticks to give away but I wont ever keep them for myself.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I had a Arganese CL3 today. I must say it was a tasty cigar. I would definetly smoke more.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had class today and about an hour ride home in the afternoon traffic so I took along a 601 Green to keep me company. Mmmmm.... Smoked a little over half of it on the ride home then finished it here on the balcony. Still one of my top 10 smokes!
  • Options
    I had my first Xicar HC on my ride home today. Definitely helped with the one hour drive in the rain. I really enjoyed this one right down to the nub.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Had a Nica Libre that was sitting in the humi for a bout 3 weeks. Great smoke. Leapfrogged many and now sits as one of my favs!
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Tonight was a RP Royal Vintage Torpedo. Pretty dam good.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I went to a cigar event that was supposed to be hosted by Benji Menendez of Partagas, but sadly he because ill and was unable to attend. The event still went on however and I was able to pick up one of the new Partagas Master Series Majestuoso by Mr. Menendez. I smoked a regular red label Partagas at the event and brought the Master Series home to rest in the humidor, but a couple of my friends smoked it and said it could be the most balanced cigar of 2009. Made me want to try it soon, but have to let it rest. These are a limited run of only 5,000 boxes so they aren't going to be available just anywhere.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had one of those Gurkha Shaggy maduros from the daily deal a while ago. It was ok. It got better near the end but I think I was just not in the mood. My truck is in the shop so I won't be smoking much until I get it back. :-(
  • Options
    Last night I had a rocky patel edge maduro torpedo my favorite out of all the rps ive had. After that i had a Gurkha Gold toro, it had some burn issues which i havent run into all that much with this cigar. And rightnow im having a Oliva O torpedo, another favorite of mine.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Was that from the split we did? Those are great smokes! I cant wait to have another one.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    ejenne87:
    Jdorais:
    Was that from the split we did? Those are great smokes! I cant wait to have another one.

Yes sir it was! Mighty good smoke. I wonder how close in flavor other vitolas are to the torperdo.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    PuroFreak:
    Last night I went to a cigar event that was supposed to be hosted by Benji Menendez of Partagas, but sadly he because ill and was unable to attend. The event still went on however and I was able to pick up one of the new Partagas Master Series Majestuoso by Mr. Menendez. I smoked a regular red label Partagas at the event and brought the Master Series home to rest in the humidor, but a couple of my friends smoked it and said it could be the most balanced cigar of 2009. Made me want to try it soon, but have to let it rest. These are a limited run of only 5,000 boxes so they aren't going to be available just anywhere.
    In my best stern teacher's voice.
    Puro... did you bring enough for the rest of the class?
  • Options
    Last night was a Gurkha Sig 101 Maduro. It was ok I guess, got better in the last half. Not bad, but not something I'm in a hurry to order more of. Right now I'm working on a Gurkha Doble Maduro. Basically the same verdict so far, not bad, but not great either.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Puro Indios Viejo... straight out the mail... tasted different than the last one.
  • Options
    la aurora 1945, why did I not smoke this sooner?
    one of the best cigars i have had to date!!
    Now I gotta find a way to stuff a box of these puppies into my already overflowing humidor
    Donations accepted!!!!!!!!
    will trade choice body parts/soul for more!!!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Finishing up a Viaje Fifty Fifty no 3 (7 x 47). I didn't find this cigar as good as the no 1 (5 5/8 x 46) I smoked about a month back, but still very good smoke IMO. The change was not as pronounced in this size, but the flavor was still there and the last third of this smoke is fabulous IMO. After some experimentation, I found that letting these cigars rest a solid 2 minutes allows them to fully cool and brings out the most flavor from each puff. When I didn't let it rest this long, the cigar burned hot and the flavors weren't nearly as rich or enjoyable.