Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Last night I smoked a Playboy. Wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. Not the best cigar I have ever had but far from the worst.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Going to have a Man O' War courtesy Laker....
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had an Indian Tabac Super Fuente Maduro from the DOTD awhile back. Not a bad smoke... started a little harsh but paired nicely with my Dr Pepper.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a Graycliff 1666 I got in a trade with Kuzi a while back. It had some serious tunnelling issues and for the first 2/3's all I really remember tasting is the bitterness from my numerous corrective lights. The last 1/3 it finally straightened out and I really enjoyed every puff of it. The last 1/3 definately convinced me to have another go at this one. Thanks again, Kuzi, for the experience and contributing to my ever increasing pallet of the cigars.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Seeing how BAMA is spanking Miss State right now, think I need to smoke a serious victory cigar. UA has now extended their records of 17 10-0 seasons, and most 10 win seasons. Just keep adding to the record books. Think I'm gonna have to smoke either a Decade, or a MOW Figurado that I've had resting a while. It's just a good good night! ROLL TIDE!
  • Options
    Having a opulance 3, with a tropicania coolata from dd.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Having an Illusione HL (lancero) Is a fabulous stick and a great way to celebrate another Big Ten Title for the OSU Buckeyes Football team (ok, soccer team too!)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    gmill880:
    Its a beautiful day up on the mountain at work today ...Just finished a Oliva G Torp from a BOTL here on the forum. It was a good smoke but I havn't eaten since about 6:30 yesterday so we will see how that goes . Can't wait to get home , its even warmer there (40 miles SE) and I already hear the hot tub calling my name , gotta get syked up for the Colts game tommorow night. I need to be at home getting the ribs and wings in order and making sure the adult beverages are well stocked ... come on 5:00 o clock ...

Well now whats that old saying about the best laid plans or whatever ......left work at 5:25 this evening planning on a nice smoke on the back deck and a beer or 2 to chill out when I got home which usually takes an hour drive but not tonight it took 3 hours and 15 minutes tonight due to an accident and having to be re-routed . . About 5 miles from work their was a horrible accident involving a tractor trailer truck and a car , tractor trailer tanker ends up flipping over , huge fuel spill and two people severly injured (one airlifted) . A smoke and a beer I can have anytime , my prayers go out to the crash victims and their families I hope everyone recovers however I understand one's injuries are life threatning ...kinda puts it all in perspective huh guys ...
  • Options
    I had a Patel Brothers Torpedo to celebrate the Jackets ACC win. The Dawgs are up next, followed by a re-match with Clemson for the title. The PB was a great smoke. It had a lot of unique flavors, it will definitely be a regular in my rotation.
  • Options
    I've been trying to read baby books considering my daughter is right around the corner, so back out to the patio I went, book, cigar, and glass of Carolans Irish Cream in hand. This time I had a Te Amo Nicaragua Blend Gran Corto (the one that looks like a Nub). Man I really enjoyed this cigar! And as most of you know I'm not very good at descerning particular flavors, this one had cedar, coffee, caramel, and a rush of pepper in the final 1/3. Absolute flavor bomb! I didn't want to put this one down. No review could better serve this cigar other than "It's only the second cigar I've nubbed!"
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a BAUZA, And it was Great ! A Robusto with 18 months age on it. Burn was great, a wonderful medium bodied cigar with tons of smoke and woody spicey, slightly nutty flavor. All for about four. There is a taste I have been trying to name for years and today it hit me... clove. With not a hint of burning rubber to be found. ;}.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Today was a BAUZA, And it was Great ! A Robusto with 18 months age on it. Burn was great, a wonderful medium bodied cigar with tons of smoke and woody spicey, slightly nutty flavor. All for about four. There is a taste I have been trying to name for years and today it hit me... clove. With not a hint of burning rubber to be found. ;}.
    I think yours was off then... it should taste like a burnout from a 1988 Ford Thunderbird, the one with the digital readout and faux suede seats... now THAT'S BAUZA!
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:
    I lit up a Padilla Cazadores torpedo which, like the first one fresh off the truck, was thoroughly disappointing in all regards from burn to flavor.
    I just scratched this one off my list
    I posted up my thoughts from the one I smoked OTT. I really liked the flavors even though they are a bit young, I found the burn to be good even OTT I did not have to touch up once. I bet these will be smoking fantastic in a few months.

Peace, Nick
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoked a Gurkha Legend before the walking in to the Ducks game. the first third was a fulll of spice but a little harsh, the second third was excellent, super smooth and perfect. the last, well, it was time to get into the stands. Ducks are going to play my other fav team the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl. woohoo
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    nickgonzo:
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:
    I lit up a Padilla Cazadores torpedo which, like the first one fresh off the truck, was thoroughly disappointing in all regards from burn to flavor.
    I just scratched this one off my list
    I posted up my thoughts from the one I smoked OTT. I really liked the flavors even though they are a bit young, I found the burn to be good even OTT I did not have to touch up once. I bet these will be smoking fantastic in a few months.

Peace, Nick
    Hey Nick, what vitola did you smoke the Cazadores in? I've always found Padilla blends to be at their best in the torpedo, which led me to try the Caz. in said vitola. I just wonder if perhaps the vitola could explain out differing perceptions of the cigar. I've got hope yet for these, but mine need sleep, 3 months minimum.

Only smoked one today, a 5 Vegas Classic churchill. Very nice as always.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II last night while my friend smoked a 777 toro. We both enjoyed our cigars emensely, a good night overall. This morning I am sitting on the back porch enjoying a Java Maduro with a frappucino.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday my patience gave out and I had to try one of new Diesels. They've only been in my humidor for a week, but with all the great comments I had to try one. Well, it was great! I really enjoyed it and I think it will be one of my favorites. I'm glad Christmas is coming.

Today, becasue the weather in the Northeast is still great, I went outside and smoke one of my Drew Estates Takak Especiale. From time to time, I like a flavored cigar and the Tapak is one of my favorites.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I started off with the RP Signature. Next will be a RP Doulble Maduro. Relaxing on a Sunday...can't be beat
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed a RP 90 Friday night. I was finally feeling better! Very, very tasty and complex. Love it. Tonight I don't know what I will have.....but I am looking forward to it!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a few this weekend. Started with a NUb Habano that was rolled by Sam when I was at the Nub event. Then, I went to a Beauty Sultan. Much different than the regular beauty obviously but not bad. Last night, I had a Centurion with tons of age and a Puros Indios Torpedo which was up and down. Was good at the beginning but got weird then good and then weird again.
  • Options
    I enjoyed another Padilla Habano tonight. I really like these cigars. Padilla is quickly becoming one of my favorite companies.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, it's hard to go wrong with a Padilla. I have to order more Diesels, too - they are great and the construction is fabulous. Tonight I'm enjoying an Oliva Master Blend 3.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a couple good ones today. First was a Cain F which proved to be a nice smoke, a bit stronger I'd say that the normal Cain and I think it had a deeper flavor profile. Later was a Tatuaje special house blend from Puro, I've now had three of them and they continue to impress me with the amount of flavor this little corona is able to produce, great smoke.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm having a Cain Maduro right now, and so far I am very pleased with it. I think it is definately in the full-body category, but not necessarily the strongest full-body, you know what I mean? And does anyone else get a slight liquorice taste on these?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    before the Colts/Pats game I fired uop a forum blend Sumatra ...what can I say ...what a smoke !
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Hey Nick, what vitola did you smoke the Cazadores in? I've always found Padilla blends to be at their best in the torpedo, which led me to try the Caz. in said vitola. I just wonder if perhaps the vitola could explain out differing perceptions of the cigar. I've got hope yet for these, but mine need sleep, 3 months minimum.
    Smoked the Toro.

Tonight had a El Baton, I might have to try again because this one was not constructed very well. The cigar was bought at my b&m and was in my humi for almost 2 months. There was no resistance on the draw so it burned terrible, prolly affected the flavor. Did not enjoy it.

Peace, Nick
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I will have a few days off starting in about 45 minutes so I will be smoking some cigars to make up for lost time since I've been working all the OT lately. The first thing I want to do is pour a nice glass of straight Maker's Mark and light a nice FULL bodied cigar... The Diesels I got from Alien look tempting but I have to be patient and let those rest!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Tried and true Cohiba Siglo IV
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The last time I smoked was Friday. I just didn't feel like it over the weekend, and today, I doubt it will be anything. The left side of my face looks like I called Mike Tyson a pansie because of my wisdom tooth, I'm having a hard time tasting anything, and my body feels like I was in a steel cage match. All in all, I feel like crap.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I got off work, came home, and just had this urge to light something up. I dug through my humidor, which is very full right now, and about halfway down I found a Forum Blend Maduro. This was my first of the Forum Blends and WOW! It was great! Had tons of flavor and had a flavor in it that I can't put a name on, but reminded me a little of the JDN Antano. Great SMOKE!!!! Awesome way to start my days off!