Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Matt Marvel:
    I'm smoking the Verdadero Organic I got from Hugemoose while I'm watching the Cowboys-Falcons game. Very unique cigar indeed. Smooth, creamy, and sweet- these are the words that come to mind as I'm smoking it. I'm certainly enjoying this one. Thanks again to Hugemoose for throwing this in with his package.
    Taste the raisins!

I had a Romeo y Julieta Veijo tonight. Very enjoyable. And a slow burner! I believe it was a 5.5x50 box pressed that I was smoking. Took me well over an hour and a half, lol. Had I smoked it to the nub, it would have gone two hours no problem.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    smoking a Fuente 858 Sungrown right now and I'm loving it.
  • Options
    nickgonzo:
    smoking a Fuente 858 Sungrown right now and I'm loving it.
    :) I've got to try a few Fuentes some day - it's a real shame I haven't smoked any yet.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to try a God Of Fire Carlito 2006 or Padron 1964 Anniv. Ed tonight....I am quite excited I have not tried either yet....will update later.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm smoking a Diesel right now. This is the third one I've had so far, and each one is better than the last. It goes pretty well with a cup of coffee too.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a RP 1961 yesterday. Is it me or does this cigar burn like ****? I only got half way done. It seems that the filler burns quicker than the wrapper and when the wrapper does burn it kind of bubbles up. I have a few more of these so maybe some rest will do them good. I wasn't thrilled with the taste either.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Had the Diesel last night...love the cigar....very nice.......Also had a forum blend on Saturday....GREAT cigar..can't wait to pick up a box
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    nothing for me the last few nights unfortunately. I have been having some intense humidity issues so I am re-seasoning my humi's and waiting about a week before I smoke again. This is not a good thing right now though because I need the room for the 'gars I have on the way!
  • Options
    About to light up an A. Fernandez robusto I got back when they first came out, should be great.
  • Options
    T. Gervais:
    About to light up an A. Fernandez robusto I got back when they first came out, should be great.
    And an excellent cigar it was! To me, the flavor profile was predominantly woody, with a small kick of spice in the background. Definently have to get some more of these.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I had a Nub cameroon Saturday night....fantastic! I need to pick up a 5 pack of these.

We had a huge party at my house and I handed out 7 cigars from my stash....ouch. I need to recoup from that.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I tried the R&J Viejo Churchill that came along with the CotM club. Normally I'm not a fan of R&J, but I liked this one. I got a nice coffee flavor with a bit of chocolate through out the stick. It smelled nice too. Wasn't the most complex smoke in the world but what was there was solid. The draw was a bit tight at the start, but I see that in a lot of Churchill length cigars.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Just finished a Forum Blend Maduro ...OMG ...I love these ...In another thread someone asked what you would do if you won the lottery...I would have the factory and rollers that produced these make me about 25 boxes to smoke like he_ll and age and give to friends and ...and also make sure the tobacco's and wrappers and binders were bought up and stored so when these 25 boxes ran out I could just give them a call and abra kadabra another 25 boxes !!!
    I know I am going to catch hell for this because I already have when I've said this before, but I STILL have not tried any of the forum blends. I have the sampler resting in the humi just waiting for me. I think this week it will be time to fire one up. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I smoke the Maduro or Natural first?
  • Options
    oliva series "v" for me..great cigar...gotta get my hands on some more of em
  • Options
    I just had a La Flor Dominicana Ligero cigarillo. Amazing little thing. Robust, complex flavor, and smooth. Beautiful dark wrapper. If only it were cheaper...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Just finished a Forum Blend Maduro ...OMG ...I love these ...In another thread someone asked what you would do if you won the lottery...I would have the factory and rollers that produced these make me about 25 boxes to smoke like he_ll and age and give to friends and ...and also make sure the tobacco's and wrappers and binders were bought up and stored so when these 25 boxes ran out I could just give them a call and abra kadabra another 25 boxes !!!
    I know I am going to catch hell for this because I already have when I've said this before, but I STILL have not tried any of the forum blends. I have the sampler resting in the humi just waiting for me. I think this week it will be time to fire one up. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I smoke the Maduro or Natural first?
    You could send me the maduro's to take the heat off of you :-)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Either one is a great smoke Puro I just happen to prefer the Maduro a little more. But you can't go wrong either way !!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Either one is a great smoke Puro I just happen to prefer the Maduro a little more. But you can't go wrong either way !!!
    I just had a maduro yesterday, ,I was impressed. I wonder when they will have boxes?
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Just finished a Perdomo Habano maduro toro. Great smoke, not bitter, creamy leather finish, love that maduro!
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Smoked me a 5 Vegas Series A, OH MAN WHAT A GREAT SMOKE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm just trying to make it through tonight so tomorrow I can have something good! Off for three days so hopefully I will be able to have some 2-3 smoke days! I know Thursday night will be great because I'll be at the Pete Johnson event... I will have to have at least 2 smokes there then probably another after the event!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    On my birthday party on Sunday I had started with a Partagas Serie D. No. 4 and then drunkedly smoked a Monte No. 4....

It sucked, I ended up handing out 8 different cubans to all my friends, whether they liked cigars or not....

It was MY birthday party and I ended up paying the most... Oh well... I had FUN!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a ITC 10th Anniversary Robusto with the boss at the shop today, great little cigar. I've got him officially turned on to cigars now, lol. His first cigar was Friday night, a Patel Brothers. He had a few more sticks and then put down a $100 order yesterday. And so it begins.....
  • Options
    DeputyDeputy Posts: 13
    Smoked a Alec Bradley Select Cabinet Reserve tonight, love these alot!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Had a ITC 10th Anniversary Robusto with the boss at the shop today, great little cigar. I've got him officially turned on to cigars now, lol. His first cigar was Friday night, a Patel Brothers. He had a few more sticks and then put down a $100 order yesterday. And so it begins.....
    You know, if you tell him they are terrible then there are more for us!! :-D

As for what I'm having tonight, I'm not sure yet. Work sucked the big one today so I'm going to reach for something I know will be tasty.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Smoking a maduro torpedo made my tropical, dont know the name of the cigar thoigh bout it at the B&M for a little under $4. The beginning really kicked my butt and i had to slow way down, not too bad. I prefer the corojo 99 in the same size they sell for $3 even.
  • Options
    Anyone who wants a great creamy, buttery so good you almost want to eat it cigar, run and grab some gran habano 3 siglos!!! Sweet heaven, this is my 3rd sticks from them and all 3 have been terrific. This was a toroish size, and it stayed creamy all the way through, almost a buttery creamy. The robusto would be my choice, but I think after the 3rd one, it seals a box buy for me.
  • Options
    MarkH:
    Just finished a Perdomo Habano maduro toro. Great smoke, not bitter, creamy leather finish, love that maduro!
    I thought the one I had a couple of weeks ago wasn't bad, but some reason nothing seemed to pop for me. I have one more in the humi that I've been eying, Might have to burn it soon as I really am wanting to like it.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    On my birthday party on Sunday I had started with a Partagas Serie D. No. 4 and then drunkedly smoked a Monte No. 4....

It sucked, I ended up handing out 8 different cubans to all my friends, whether they liked cigars or not....

It was MY birthday party and I ended up paying the most... Oh well... I had FUN!!!
    OUCH. Drunk ass, handing out all your good stuff, lol. Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

I just had a maduro yesterday, ,I was impressed. I wonder when they will have boxes?
    I had one maduro so far - taste was great, but it burned terribly. I've got one more and two of the sumatra. Hoping I love them as much as everyone else has. :)