Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm down to the nub on a Padilla Miami Torpedo. It's been too long since I had one of these. Very nice stick with great flavor. This one burned quite well.
  • Options
    I smoked a MOW toro tonight and I must say it was very good. The draw was a little tight at first but the flavor was excellent. A thoroughly enjoyable experience IMO.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Smoked a cohiba last night, my first, and it was excellent. Very smooth
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    smoking an oliva connecticut now, has anyone whos had this gotten a strong strong blast of cinnamon about an inch after the second half? right now the last 2 puff have had it this cant be my imagination. its delicious. The first half was just ok but now it seems to be picking up, really light cigar but this flavor right now is superb.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just finished a Gurkha Triple Ligero from the cotm package. I didn't get to finish it but got most of it done. Trying to decide what I am going to smoke tomorrow. Maybe that CAO VR or 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. I've had the 5 Vegas before but not the CAO.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got sick the other day right after smoking a new CAO LaTraviata which I absolutely loved. It has been 2 days now and my stomach is still really queasy so I can't even think about smoking a cigar and I am not happy. I got a bunch of trades in this week and a few new boxes of cigars but can't enjoy them feeling like this. Any stomach remedies out there you guys use?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I enjoyed a wonderful Cabaiguan Extra Corona. Even in this small size it too about an hour and 25 minutes to smoke without a single burn issue. Razor sharp burn, awesome flavor with a lot of smoke. These are an awesome cigar for a nice cool day. Tonight will probably be the JJ Maduro I've been sitting on since the Don Pepin event.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Gurkha Legend.. Pretty nice cigar that I enjoyed during my hour and a half drive home in the pouring rain. Earth and leather changing to coffee and chocolate. Nice draw for the entire cigar, great even burn. The last third turned a little musty tasting but the first 2/3 more than made up for it. I got this one from our pal Renni.. Thanks that was nice.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Tonight was a Sol Cabano Cuban Cabinet ...I know these have received some hate lately but this was a very good cigar. Burn was great , flavor very good, nice and spicey with some pepper thru the nose . I enjoyed it and was sad it was the last one I have ...time to re-order !
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Tonight was a Sol Cabano Cuban Cabinet ...I know these have received some hate lately but this was a very good cigar. Burn was great , flavor very good, nice and spicey with some pepper thru the nose . I enjoyed it and was sad it was the last one I have ...time to re-order !
    What size was it?
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    I had a Black Dragon tonight. Really enjoyed this one. It is my favorite from Gurkha at the moment.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I burned a Nub Connecticut 460 today. I couldn't resist. Usually I like a fuller cigar, but this was really good. I had something I have never had happen before. When I started up on the cigar the draw seemed almost too loose. However it actually seemed to tighten as it went and was just right. Weird.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had an Intenso last night, what a great cigar. The two that I've had of the box-split I had have been so good I keep telling myself, "I can't BELIEVE I only paid $2.50 for this!"

I just finished up an El Baton. I saw this one reviewed in Cigar Aficionado this summer and have never seen it spoken about anywhere else. I'll put up a mini review in a sec. Great cigar. I've got one more waiting for me that I'll let sit for a long while, just to see if it gets any better.
  • Options
    I have had two El Batons. The first was a torpedo and was excellent. The second, a robusto, was not so good. I had a Perdomo 10th aniv maduro last night, which was excellent. I like Nicaraguan maduro torpedos anyway. I had a my first Tat Saturday. It was very good, but needed a relight after the first third. That surprised me coming from Pepin.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    jacketsrule:
    I have had two El Batons. The first was a torpedo and was excellent. The second, a robusto, was not so good. I had a Perdomo 10th aniv maduro last night, which was excellent. I like Nicaraguan maduro torpedos anyway. I had a my first Tat Saturday. It was very good, but needed a relight after the first third. That surprised me coming from Pepin.
    Which Tatuaje?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today I started with something a little different, a Drew Estates Natural Dirt, I'll say this much, the aroma was great but I didn't really get much in the flavor department. Later was a 5 Vegas Gold Nickle, haven't had a gold in some time and it was welcomed. Later was another new one for me, a Kinky Friedman Utopian, which is a toro, it was pretty good, nice flavor maybe a touch above medium strength.
  • Options
    Just froze my *** off outside smoking a Drew Estate La Vieja Habana Belicoso in the conn shade. I have 5 sitting in my humi, so i decided to give it a shot. Its a good everyday value smoke with hints of nuts and poss leather. Burn was perfect from start to finish with no change in flavors from the top to the end and lots of nice creamy smoke w/pleasant aroma.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD limitado IV
  • Options
    Its my Bday almost to the minute, lighting a V Maduro, thats been resting for six months. I highly doubt ill be dissappointed.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    LFD limitado IV
    How was it? I've wanted to try this one, just haven't yet.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    mustluvcigars:
    Its my Bday almost to the minute, lighting a V Maduro, thats been resting for six months. I highly doubt ill be dissappointed.
    Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Happy Birthday Brother! Did you enjoy the V Maduro?
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Had a Diesel last night....I just couldn't wait. It spend a whole 30 hours in my humidor before I dug into it. What a great cigar! The burn was a little uneven at times, but I attribute that to them just being shipped. And for a 56 ring gauge it was pretty decent.

But what a great cigar! I love maduros and this one was fantastic. I almost want the other 2/3's back :-D

Oh and Alex, if you are reading this, could you please stop promoting this cigar so there will be more for me? Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Selfish Man
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    Had a Diesel last night....I just couldn't wait. It spend a whole 30 hours in my humidor before I dug into it. What a great cigar! The burn was a little uneven at times, but I attribute that to them just being shipped. And for a 56 ring gauge it was pretty decent.

But what a great cigar! I love maduros and this one was fantastic. I almost want the other 2/3's back :-D

Oh and Alex, if you are reading this, could you please stop promoting this cigar so there will be more for me? Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Selfish Man
    I just got 3 in yesterday. Gonna smoke one tomorrow fresh and see how they are. Might even smoke a Dominus or Cain tomorrow too.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    mustluvcigars:

Happy birthday ...hope your cigar and day were both great !
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be partaking in a small Gurkha Master's Select perfecto.
  • Options
    Around lunch I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet robusto, an RP 1992 robusto on my way home and maybe a Cain habano tonight
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked an Oliveros 1927. The weather has started to warm up, so even though it was cloudy, I went out on my patio and fired up. Two minutes later, it started to pour, so I had to finish up in my shed. Enjoyed the cigar anyway!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just getting into the last third of a La Herencia Cubana. I'll have to keep these in the humi for a few more months because it has been falling apart from the cut but the burn, draw and flavor have been great. I wouldn't call it the most complex cigar, but you defiantly get a variety of flavor as go. I'll give it another shot after they have slept for a while. If the construction is better on the others, I be getting more of these.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Had an Oliva V torpedo earlier tonight at the local cigar bar. Thought it was OK but nothing to write home about. Anyone had any other vitolas? Wrapper looked nice - thinking I might try a narrower gauge - churchill or even a corona for a 'quickie' is more up my alley but their selection was limited.