Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    So I just had my second San Cristabol and I have to say it probably is my new favorite smoke. I haven't seen many people talk about it much at all but if you have not tried it, give it a go! Cant have people miss out on this one.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beagronomis:
    So I just had my second San Cristabol and I have to say it probably is my new favorite smoke. I haven't seen many people talk about it much at all but if you have not tried it, give it a go! Cant have people miss out on this one.
    Got one of these and it is high dollar. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Beagronomis:
    I have a few of them resting in my humidor. A buddy of mine went to a shop where he lives and he is good friends with the owner. The owner said they weren't moving very well and he would make him a great deal if he would just buy up the rest of his stock. He ended up buying 2 1/2 boxes of San Crisobals in a few different sizes for about $6 a stick. Thats a GREAT deal on those and he passed some on to me for the same price. They are damn good smokes!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    I need to grab some of the Cask Strength II's. I've wanted to try one for awhile now.

I'm debating whether or not I want to have a cigar before I go to bed. I have to be in at 9am in the morning, and I'm beat from working tonight. That said, it was a pretty crappy day, and a cigar sounds like just what I need. Just not sure yet..
    DO IT!!!! Smoke one for me since I can't!!! lol
    Haha, sorry, I went to bed a few minutes after I posted. I'm definitely smoking something when I get off this evening though.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    j0z3r:
    Started with a Perdomo Grand Cru Conn. churchill this afternoon, right now this is way up on my list of Conn. wrapped cigars. Later was a Rocky Patel Rosado double corona, these are doing nicely with the year or so on them. To finish out the night was part of a Perdomo Cuban Parejo Rosado epicure, at 6x62 this one is a mouthful, but the time in the humidor is doing good things for them.
    I'm looking forward to The Predomo Grand Cru but I think I'll give the corojo wrapper a go. I get down to Miami Lakes about twice a year and stop in the Perdomo shop everytime and get to talk with Nick for a while. For some reason he always recognizes me and comes out and we shoot the ****. I always stock up and get some fresh rolled cigars that are made right in front of me and get some other sticks from the humi. He always hooks me up with some new sticks that are about to come out. I'd love to give this a try. Bryan's review from cigarobsession.com had some nice things to say about it.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I haven't had good luck with the Grand Cru corojo myself, it just seems to be lacking something for me.
  • Options
    I really haven't found many Perdoma cigars that do much for me. The ESV is good and I can handle the 10th Maduro. Other than that I'm just not a Perdoma fan... Their cigars all seem to have a similar flavor that just doesn't appeal to me.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    jsnake:
    Beagronomis:
    I have a few of them resting in my humidor. A buddy of mine went to a shop where he lives and he is good friends with the owner. The owner said they weren't moving very well and he would make him a great deal if he would just buy up the rest of his stock. He ended up buying 2 1/2 boxes of San Crisobals in a few different sizes for about $6 a stick. Thats a GREAT deal on those and he passed some on to me for the same price. They are damn good smokes!
    It's been a year or so since I've had one, but I look forward to having the one in my humi soon. They are fantastic smokes. The weekend blitz includes three of them and averages out to $4 a stick - great price for those and the Blue Label Pepins.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Padilla Miami Robusto. The jury is still out on this one for me. Burn was even draw was great. I just feel kind of dirty after smoking it. Dark ash, lots of dark smoke. Maybe I'm too much of a rookie for this one just yet.

Your thoughts....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    An A Fernandez Signature, I like these more and more every time I smoke one ...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Been an excellent cigar day for me, started off this morning with a Rocky Patel I-Press. It tasted just as good as the first one I had, although this one had some severe burn issues in the first third. After about 2" in, it settled down and evened out, but I pretty much lost the first third of the cigar. The last 2/3 were very satisfying though.

Then a couple of hours ago, I had a Decade Robusto. This is the first time I've had a Decade in that size, and I was suprised at how good it was. It is running neck-in-neck with the Toro for my favorite size. Excellent cigar.

After supper, I almost smoked another Decade, lol. It was so good, I couldn't think of what I could smoke to top it. Then I remembered that way down in the bottom of my coolerdor, I have a few Defiances left. I fished one of those out and am about halfway through it now. Mmmmmmmmmm, I had almost forgotten how good these are.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Been an excellent cigar day for me, started off this morning with a Rocky Patel I-Press. It tasted just as good as the first one I had, although this one had some severe burn issues in the first third. After about 2" in, it settled down and evened out, but I pretty much lost the first third of the cigar. The last 2/3 were very satisfying though.

Then a couple of hours ago, I had a Decade Robusto. This is the first time I've had a Decade in that size, and I was suprised at how good it was. It is running neck-in-neck with the Toro for my favorite size. Excellent cigar.

After supper, I almost smoked another Decade, lol. It was so good, I couldn't think of what I could smoke to top it. Then I remembered that way down in the bottom of my coolerdor, I have a few Defiances left. I fished one of those out and am about halfway through it now. Mmmmmmmmmm, I had almost forgotten how good these are.
    Mmmmmm.... Defiance.... I am still bummed the stopped making these. Jesus Fuego said the HC Criollo was the same thing, but I seriously have my doubts. The Defiance was one of my top 5 smokes for sure!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:

Mmmmmm.... Defiance.... I am still bummed the stopped making these. Jesus Fuego said the HC Criollo was the same thing, but I seriously have my doubts. The Defiance was one of my top 5 smokes for sure!
    Same here, I'm glad I picked up a box when I did. I only have a few left now though. I haven't been able to try any of the HC yet, but the guy at a local B&M turned me onto the J. Fuego Naturals. They aren't exactly the same, but they are pretty close. Give them a shot, you won't be dissapointed. Check your PM's Puro.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The lady is in bed early, I'm up with three Fat Tire's and a bottle of Pinot Noir...

Having a real treat My Gurkha Titan from my first COTMC from May of 2008.... the wrapper is paper thin and burst upon cutting, but the first few puffs are a heavenly smoke, we'll see how this "G" stands up!
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    I had a Benchmade while watching the first 2 episodes of flash forward. Wow this cigar almost blew my socks off. Very young and strong. I bet these will be amazing if i had the patience to age them a year
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    So I bounce at a bar now.. I got called in tonight, when I wasn't supposed to work.. Fortunately for me, it's slow as **** and i'm getting paid to sit outside and smoke a 5 Vegas Classic double corona.. Man, for the price I got these they make a perfect daily smoke. So in other words, i'm getting paid to be doing what I'd be doing tonight anyway lol, with the added bonus of drunk women in my vicinity..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive had four this week.

-- Camacho - Black Band Cigar B -- This cigar burned nicely and had full smoke. The flavors were nice, but I think the cigar was made too powerful for the flavor profile. There wasnt an alignment between flavor and power.
    So far I have had 4-5 Camachos and they just seem to be too powerful for me at the flavor profile they provied. Dont get me wrong I like stronger cigars, as I like the ruination, but prefer medium bodied.

-- Padilla 1948 -- Robusto
    This is my 2nd one of these cigars and with both I have had burn issues. Ive had about 4-5 padillas now and all have had burn issues. The flavors were nice, but again I never felt I got the full flavor of the entire cigar burning properly all at once - wrapper/binder/filler.

I will smoke through my remaining inventory of Padilla and if the quality control doesnt get better I will be done with these guys.

--Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet--Robusto--
    Ive heard good things on this forum about this cigar and bad things from a couple friends.
    Im siding with the forum. This cigar didnt blow me away but it was a solid flavorful cigar.

Rocky Patel Fusion MM -- Toro --
    This once came courtesy of our favorite Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind - Thanks for this one

I actually wanst really looking forward to this cigar thinking it was a gimmick. This cigar exceeded my excpectations (Which were low). As ususal from a Rocky this had a perfect draw and burn. Full mouthfuls fo flavorful smoke it was a really enjoyable stick.

• Options
    Finally done with my long stretch of work and now I'm off for 9 days! Let the smoking BEGIN!!!!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    Finally done with my long stretch of work and now I'm off for 9 days! Let the smoking BEGIN!!!!
    Wow, you could do a whole lot of damage with 9 days open!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    had my first Sol Cubano CC tonight. I don't know if something was wrong with it but it was aweful! I have had it for only a month and figured it was worth a shot. I guess the others I have are going to have to rest for a long time before I try them again. I had another one too, but I forget what it was already haha, thinking about having one more...
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    had the new my father 22 today and picked up a casa magna as well as put an opusx tin on hold that im going to pick up tomorrow
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Lasabar:
    The lady is in bed early, I'm up with three Fat Tire's and a bottle of Pinot Noir...

Having a real treat My Gurkha Titan from my first COTMC from May of 2008.... the wrapper is paper thin and burst upon cutting, but the first few puffs are a heavenly smoke, we'll see how this "G" stands up!
    The Beasts and Titans are really thin. I am curious as to why since maduro wrappers aren't usually that thin.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    Nine days off of work? I don't like you anymore, haha.

I started my day off with a Nica Libre exclusivo and a cup of coffee. Great way to start out. Me and mom ran into the city to run some errands ,and she wanted to stop at the B&M to get some cigarettes. I picked up a CAO Cameroon churchill which I'm puffing on now and playing online poker. Not a bad day, aside from the old lady backing into me as I left the shop.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    my first Oliva Serie V tonight. I bought at the B&M a couple days ago. I thought it would be safe to smoke, but it was too moist. the cap kinda exploded. Doh :(
  • Options
    Had one of my Vigilante Toros tonight, very good cigar, but the Robustos are better. The wrapper is such a flavor bomb that the larger-ring toro tastes a little watered down. I would have love to been able to get these in a Corona size.
  • Options
    Thats a shame cause the Serie V is a great smoke. I reccommend you give them another try.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nickgonzo:
    my first Oliva Serie V tonight. I bought at the B&M a couple days ago. I thought it would be safe to smoke, but it was too moist. the cap kinda exploded. Doh :(
    wow, that's a shame. moist cigars are not good, did you get it from a shop like that?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    PuroFreak:
    Wow, you could do a whole lot of damage with 9 days open!
    Yar, I have 11 days off come dec 24th, so till then......
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just a 5 Vegas Classic (double corona) with Earl Grey tea. I must say I'm impressed. The cigar is like 3 bucks a stick and tastes pretty good. Can't argue with value like that....
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had an AJ Diesel Unholy Concoction yesterday! Right out of the box from CCom - IT WAS GREAT.