Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Just finished up a RP Sungrown xout. Love these for the price! They make me want to light up another one! yummm Havent had a newer RP other than a renaissance . would like to sample some of the newer blends. cheers Nick
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked my first Opus X tonight. It was a Perfection X and it certainly lived up to it's name and fancy band. I enjoyed everything about this cigar. I especially liked the price I got it for. Gotta love travelling through North Carolina.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Today has been a nice day for me too. Woke up around 9am with surprisingly no hangover from my party last night. Went out to Denny's for an enormous breakfast, and from there just hung out at home doing thank you cards.. Now i'm at a family home on the back patio enjoying a RP '90. Man, I really do love this stick. When I get a bigger humi i'm definitely buying a box.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Stick number 2 today was a RP Decade Torpedo ...man I love these ...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had another two cigar day today. Started with a Macanudo Crystal. This one was given to me. It wasn't bad but not my cup of tea. Too mild. Macanudo has some better blends like the Maduro and Robust. My second was a CAO MX2 Robusto. Again, this is fromthe cotm club with about 6 - 7 months of age. This one was good but I like the Torpedo better.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Only managed one today, a 5 Vegas Classic churchill, always a good standby.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Had a Partagas Black Label Clasico Friday night at my boy's CD release party (marvelletheband@myspace). Rich smooth heavy but not harsh at all, loved it.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    first padilla dominus...delicious definitely getting another one after i run out. Tomorrow its a toss up of my first MOWR or myfirst 1961...hmmm
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had my first CAO Soprano last night, a Boss. Pretty good, but I wouldn't pay MSRP for them.
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    smoking a JFR right now. good cigar, but the ccom deals and pricing spoil us. cheers
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had a Padilla Miami last night... Is it just me or do Padilla's always burn like ****?!?!

It was my first Miami and it was okay.... not that good though.

I then had my first Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve from the box I bought three months ago... still a little over humidified, but tasted great.
  • Options
    Tonight I smoked a Camacho Coyolar Puro Perfecto. This was a little sucker weighing at 4.5 x 50. but he came off the ropes swinging, flawless construction and burn, quite a unigue and satisifing flavor profile, Powerful Potent and flavorful, this one is a winner!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    It's getting a little cold outside......not too sure about tonight. But if I do, it just may be a CAO Cameroon. They are just too tasty.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I had a Padilla Miami last night... Is it just me or do Padilla's always burn like ****?!?!

I then had my first Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve from the box I bought three months ago... still a little over humidified, but tasted great.
    I wish I would have know you were such a big fan of the Habana Reserve about a year ago. I got about half a box of them for free at an event I went to. Had a bunch of them and the H. Upmann Reserve Maduros for free. I just smoked the last one of the RyJ's a couple months ago. They got even better with age. The Upmann's were damn good too, but they had a tight draw for the first 3-5 months.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Bauza ( again) I just like these things so much. I have probably smoked more of these than any other cigar. They are great fresh and age just makes them better. This one was about two year old.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Today was a Bauza ( again) I just like these things so much. I have probably smoked more of these than any other cigar. They are great fresh and age just makes them better. This one was about two year old."

I may have one of these too that I received from a certain someone that says it is one of his favorites!
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    had my first MOWR, delicious
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macanudo Madura. Great smoke although our weather in the Northeast is starting to really suck. I had to take refuge in my shed to get out of the wind.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Lasabar:

The only Padillas I've had are the Habano and the Obsidian. The Habano burned pretty well and was really good. The Obsidian was a pain in the ass, and really wasn't all that good.
    I just finished a Nica Libre churchill. I might smoke another one later, expect it will be the exclusivo. I think when I get more it will be the torpedo, that was the best one I've had. I'm ready for payday Friday so I can stock up some more.
  • Options
    I just noticed today looking in my humidor, and noticed the Camacho that Jozer sent me and realized it has a band on the foot that say P.E. I was having an off day I guess when I got the package fr Joe, but I JUST NOW noticed it is a Pre Embargo! I'm excited as hell about that! Thanks again Joe! You are the sh*t my friend!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    I just noticed today looking in my humidor, and noticed the Camacho that Jozer sent me and realized it has a band on the foot that say P.E. I was having an off day I guess when I got the package fr Joe, but I JUST NOW noticed it is a Pre Embargo! I'm excited as hell about that! Thanks again Joe! You are the sh*t my friend!
    that's a good smoke!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm throwing out a big thanks to Puro, who made it possible for me to smoke a Tatuaje Noella Cuadrado (local house blend from his B&M). I smoked this today after work and was thoroughly impressed. I can't believe that this is so similar to the regular noellas. They are flavor bombs. Thanks a ton Jason!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    2 smoke day ...a Gurkha Black Puro and a Oliva G ...both good cigars and enjoyed at another slow day at work ...
  • Options
    bbc020:
    I'm throwing out a big thanks to Puro, who made it possible for me to smoke a Tatuaje Noella Cuadrado (local house blend from his B&M). I smoked this today after work and was thoroughly impressed. I can't believe that this is so similar to the regular noellas. They are flavor bombs. Thanks a ton Jason!
    Glad you enjoyed the smoke Brandon! They get better with a little time on them and as they rest, I've noticed they become less and less like the regular Noella. I have really been wanting to try the Camacho PE since everyone on here speaks so highly of them. I can't wait to give that a shot!
  • Options
    Tonight I had my first Hoyo de Monterrey, the Excaliber Legend (5.7 x 45) I picked this one out from the description here at CCOM. I am not dissappointed at all, a nice blend of Dom. and Nic. ligero fillers give this beauty of a stick a wonderful and delightful flavor profile, I would put it on the medium side of full bodied. At the current price point I would say these make a better than average daily smoke.
  • Options
    I have just lit a Chateau Real after a long stressful day of having my front door kicked in while my girlfriend and myself were sleeping... Nothing was taken or happened, just property damage to my door.... thank God
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    that's a good smoke!
    Oh god that smoke is amazing. Top three of my favs.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Lasabar:
    I have just lit a Chateau Real after a long stressful day of having my front door kicked in while my girlfriend and myself were sleeping... Nothing was taken or happened, just property damage to my door.... thank God
    What the hell? Crazy! That's why I have big dogs and firearms, I suppose. :)
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    Yeah... I don't know if I'm going to get some kind of alarm or not... Not a full fledged ADT or BRINKS, but I've seen buzzer that go off when a door is opened, that might be a good shot.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Lasabar:
    TatuajeVI:
    Lasabar:
    Yeah... I don't know if I'm going to get some kind of alarm or not... Not a full fledged ADT or BRINKS, but I've seen buzzer that go off when a door is opened, that might be a good shot.
    You know what else is a good shot? Me, when people kick my door in! Haha, sorry, I had to, even though it was lame. Thankfully, y'all are healthy, aside from being shaken up I'm sure.