Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Had 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. Nice flavour, good draw and burn.... until half way though. Got big split in the wrapper right up the middle. Once the burn reached it, it basically exploded. Smoked it anyway...best I could. Think I'd enjoy these more in a robusto.... but i think that may be the case for most.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    just finished a cu avana intenso. eh not too insteno...just soso.
    I think that most reviews should always include the name like this! :0
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had most of a Gurkha Centurion this morning at work and just had the Oliva serie G special G... I have to say they are both fantastic cigars.... will most certainly be trying more from both brands.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm right in the middle of a Dominico right now, one of the better bundle cigars I've had. Good job Mr. Torano, good job.
  • Options
    Im not the biggest fan of gurkha but I just had the titan and that smoke I really did enjoy... I see most ppl enjoy the Centurion so that is definitely on my to try list.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Beagronomis:
    Im not the biggest fan of gurkha but I just had the titan and that smoke I really did enjoy... I see most ppl enjoy the Centurion so that is definitely on my to try list.
    The titan is one of my favs, better than the 2. I had a fresh perfection x opus tonight at my cigar shop. A good stick, very strong but it didn't have the flavor of the last X i had a few months ago. I do believe that a year (and probably more) brings these babies out.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about grabbing my last Tatuaje Havana VI for tonight. From past experience these are pretty good medium bodied sticks.
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Tonight I had a Gurkha Ancient Warrior Robusto. I am new to the hobby so I have only seriously smoked 20 or so sticks. This one goes in my top 3. Can't wait to get some more of these!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So i braved the elements tonite ..... as i live in Buffalo and its been pissin hard for the last 2 days ...... it was actualy raining so hard it woke me from a sound sleep lastnite ....... so i cracked a Becks ( not really a beer drinker but i opened the fridge and its foil neck wrapper said "DRINK ME") and a patel fusion ......... i must say this is my first fusion and i really enjoyed it ........ it started so nice and mellow and worked its way into a little more than what iam used too ..... i picked up some great cedar and nutty tones ...... ito what i think was some nice earthy/leathery tones ...... but it continued to have a nice creamy finish ....... i must say this is a cigar i'll be picking up a few more of to keep in the humi, the fusion kept me nicely occupied for an hour and thirty-five minutes before i said goodbye..... gotta throw a thanks to ALIENMISPRINT as i did recieve this cigar from him in a trade/game not sure which but Thanks Bro
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    @manji was it the purple band or the yellow band?

I had one of those Perdomo Overruns Rosado tonight. I enjoyed it for the price, cheers
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm drinking a glass of hot apple cider and puffing on a Cu-Avana Intenso. They don't compliment on another all that well, but still good in their own right, so I'm enjoying it.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was a Tatuaje Miami double corona, this one is becoming one of my favorite sizes of the Miami, great flavor and complexity but not super strong, great draw and even burn all the way to the nub. Fantastic.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had my last MBIII in honor of my first box purchase (I actualy bought 4 boxes, one being MBIIIs). I alos had an Oliva Conny. Both were great cigars, I have had many Olivas and have never had an issue with any of them. I really love those two though!
  • Options
    Padilla '68.... Had burn issues, but tasted good, was smoking it while eating Nachos and it went out with several corrective lights.... put it down half-way through
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had my first CAO Gold last night that I got in the cotm shipment about 6 - 7 months ago. It was pretty good and the burn was perfect even after letting it go out and relighting after my gig. I've been trying to get through my cotm stuff recently that's why everything I've ben smoking has some good age to it. When I get the packages in I usually let them sit 6 months before I put them in my smoking humidor.
  • Options
    Had my first Padilla '68 Torp last night...

Tasted great but burned like a fat guy on fire, very uneven...

Had to put it down early, but I have more waiting and some time would do them good!
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    @ nickgonzo, It was the purple band. Picked it up from my local store. Can't wait to get back there this afternoon to get some more.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Thinking about having a Perdomo Habano Connecticut around lunch time....
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Haven't smoked in a while now... I don't think I'll get to it tonight either... :/
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Lasabar:

Had to put it down early, but I have more waiting and some time would do them good!
    That's one of my favorites! I've never had one that burned well though....
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am going to smoke either a RP Decade, or my Padron 1964 and drink some JW Blue label in honor of my son's 2nd birthday. It's just a little tradition I have w/ myself. I opened that bottle on the day he was born and have a drink every year on his birthday.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Krieg:
    I am going to smoke either a RP Decade, or my Padron 1964 and drink some JW Blue label in honor of my son's 2nd birthday. It's just a little tradition I have w/ myself. I opened that bottle on the day he was born and have a drink every year on his birthday.
    That's pretty nice tradition to have. Congrats and happy birthday to the little one!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    Krieg:
    That's pretty nice tradition to have. Congrats and happy birthday to the little one!
    Thanks Matt.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    Enjoyed the new La Aroma de Cuba that Pepin blended. This is an awesome cigar and much better than the previous version. Waiting for this weekend to partake in a La Aurora 100 Anos lancero.
  • Options
    Had a carlos torano 1959 exodus gold.....yummy ...not as complex as i remember and burned really hot at the end.... but still a great slice of chocolate cake...opps i mean cigar.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Lasabar:

That's one of my favorites! I've never had one that burned well though....
    I've never had any major burn issues with the robustos, they are one of my go-tos also. The salomon burned like **** though.
  • Options
    jreed10209jreed10209 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Tccargill:
    Last night I resorted back to my personal favorite, CAO cx2, and it was great. Tonight I think ill try my 5 Vegas Miami, I keep hearing everybody say how good of a cigar it is so I think ill try it for myself.
    ...i just put down a 5vegas miami knuckle,didn't like them at first but time resting has been good it was goood. have some churchills,tha t i like much better. hopr thid helps. jr
  • Options
    Just finished a RP OWR Corojo. Very good cigar, but I still prefer the Maduro.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Ayato:
    Enjoyed the new La Aroma de Cuba that Pepin blended. This is an awesome cigar and much better than the previous version. Waiting for this weekend to partake in a La Aurora 100 Anos lancero.
    Question about this one - is it labeled differently (I assume so) so we can tell the difference between the original and the new Pepin blend? I'd love to find them.
  • Options
    Just finished a Perdomo Famous 70th Anniversary. This one plugged up on me halfway through, and even after trying to loosen it up, it kept a pretty tight draw for the rest of the stick. This is the first one of these that has happened to, so I am assuming it is a fluke.