Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Okay, tonight was not a great one. I finished a Kinky Friedman Utopian. The only positive thing I can say is proceeds of this stick go to the 'Kinky's Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch'. At least I helped?
    Tomorrow morning is a Drew Estates Java with a bold coffee.
    Should be much better.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Whoa... this was my 4th Nica Libre and it was not that good... 1st half = Great Success..... Second half = Put it down..... Uh-oh....

Hopefully the Man-Cave-Office isn't the culprit!!!!
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Lasabar:
    Whoa... this was my 4th Nica Libre and it was not that good... 1st half = Great Success..... Second half = Put it down..... Uh-oh....

Was that candle you had burning in there scented? Could have affected your taste buds...
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Lasabar:

Was that candle you had burning in there scented? Could have affected your taste buds...
    Hmmmm... It's just a little guy, but it WAS right by me... good advice...

If that's not the case then I'm in trouble.... I've smoked the TORO Nica Libre's with much love!!! This was my first Torpedo, and I have a box of Torpedo's... if they don't get better someone might be getting BOMBED!!!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Sat out on the patio tonight with a Casa Magna in a colorado wrapper and watched The Goodfellas. If I wasn't already sitting down, that stick would have put me on my butt.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    manji:
    Okay, tonight was not a great one. I finished a Kinky Friedman Utopian. The only positive thing I can say is proceeds of this stick go to the 'Kinky's Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch'. At least I helped? Tomorrow morning is a Drew Estates Java with a bold coffee. Should be much better.
    You know, I have seen those before and I always wanted to try them just because of the name, lol.

Lasabar:
    TheShaun:
    Lasabar:

If that's not the case then I'm in trouble.... I've smoked the TORO Nica Libre's with much love!!! This was my first Torpedo, and I have a box of Torpedo's... if they don't get better someone might be getting BOMBED!!!
    I've had two of the Torpedos and thought they were both great sticks. Had some minor burn issues with one of them, but thats all.

Just got back from an excellent dinner of Crawfish etouffee and chicken and sausage jambalya. To celebrate, I just had my first Titan, had at least 6 months of age on it. I got bombed with it six months ago by Dep (what happened to him anyways, haven't seen him on here in a few months), I have no idea how long he had it. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. It is comparable to the Beast, but I think I prefer the Titan.
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    I got sold on the novelty. And for the record, I am not endorsing a politician. lol.
  • Options
    Gonna light up a 5 Vegas Serie A to see if that can't redeem the night!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    manji:
    Okay, tonight was not a great one. I finished a Kinky Friedman Utopian. The only positive thing I can say is proceeds of this stick go to the 'Kinky's Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch'. At least I helped? Tomorrow morning is a Drew Estates Java with a bold coffee. Should be much better.
    You know, I have seen those before and I always wanted to try them just because of the name, lol.

Lasabar:
    TheShaun:
    Lasabar:

I've had two of the Torpedos and thought they were both great sticks. Had some minor burn issues with one of them, but thats all.

Just got back from an excellent dinner of Crawfish etouffee and chicken and sausage jambalya. To celebrate, I just had my first Titan, had at least 6 months of age on it. I got bombed with it six months ago by Dep (what happened to him anyways, haven't seen him on here in a few months), I have no idea how long he had it. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. It is comparable to the Beast, but I think I prefer the Titan.
    Can't wait to get back to LA and dig into some of those good eats!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    TheShaun:
    Lasabar:

I had scented candles mess with my taste buds once while drinking wine. Tasted like crap inside, then I'd step outside for a few minutes and would taste good, back inside...crap......outside.....good. Took me a bit to figure it out.
  • Options
    Even the 5 Vegas had the same Bitter taste to it... I snuffed the candle and it may just be me tricking my own mind, but it's actually getting better... THANKS!!!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a Nicarao Robusto last night, courtesy of Tony. I would probably have never tried this cigar had he not sent it to me, and I'm glad he did. This Rocky Patel tweaked full body had an absolutely perfect burn, perfect draw, and emitted tons of wonderful, thick, blue smoke. The first 3rd gave semi-sweet notes of cranberry, the 2nd 3rd turned to more woody notes of Walnutt, and finally finished with an awesome peppery flavor. Thanks to Tony for introducing me to this cigar. With this type of quality at this price, it can't be missed.

In regards to scented candles, I often smoke at early morning (2am-3am) on my patio with a Yankee Candle's "Midsummer Night's Dream." Perhaps it's the dilution of the scent outside, but I've never really had a problem with it affecting my taste or sense of smell. Funny enough, the idea crossed my mind last night. Interesting to find you guys talking about it today.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    So my Kristoff was basically plugged. It gave off almost no smoke and was a total let down. For almost 9 bucks....I was a little pi$$ed. I put it down rather quickly and grabbed a Padilla '68. That was very nice and it was a good way to end the evening. I'm going to be taking the Kristoff back to my B&M on Monday and see if they will help me out. At least the one lady in there is really cool and likes me.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Had two tonight. It was my first real cigar smoking experience since last Friday. Started with a Camacho PE that I got a couple of months ago. Stronger than I remember. Then, I went with a Decade Toro that I got in the cotm package about 6 - 7 months ago.
    Hey wheelie, back to back home runs.. What's the special occasion ? Today was a Sherpa, lots of flavor, low low price.
  • Options
    Had a Gurkha Shaggy with about 6 months of age on it this morning. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I remember them being either. Then just a few minutes ago I had a CAO Maduro Churchill. ANother one that wasn't bad, but not really great either. So far it has been a rather ho-hum cigar day. I'll have to remedy that tonight with something fantastic, just don't know what yet.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a vegas gold this morning, I enjoy the robusto's more than the toro's. For some reason the toro's just taste different.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I'll have to remedy that tonight with something fantastic, just don't know what yet.
    White owl Watermelon...Ohh yeah!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just had a Padilla Habana with about 7 months of age. Nice smoke. The wrapper split near the last 2 inches but it was still smokeable.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I just smoked a Gurkha beauty robusto from the daily deal the other day... what a FANTASTIC smoke! Full and complex, delicious wrapper, perfect construction and draw! A great way for me to spend an hour and 15 minutes on a Saturday! I never would have purchased them if I had not seen them on the daily deal and I am certainly happy with my purchase!!!
  • Options
    My first Verdadero Organic.... so far I'm one ash into it and happy with it!!
  • Options
    5 vegas miami torpedo with 3 months or so on it, and I enjoyed it much more than the others I have had. I tasted milk chocolate and nuts, with a touch of spice, yummy.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Just to let you guys know that this was the third one in my Man cave and it did NOT get bitter halfway through, IT WAS THE CANDLE!!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    Just to let you guys know that this was the third one in my Man cave and it did NOT get bitter halfway through, IT WAS THE CANDLE!!!
    Proof that candles are for chicks buddy. :)
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    It has been a couple of days since I have had a smoke so I think I might have a DGP Serie JJ, and maybe an Oliva Serie V. Hopefully I have time for both of these tonight!
  • Options
    nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic that I got from leonard in a trade. I liked the cigar. It was like a time machine, took me to another place. The cigar feels real rustic to me, felt and looked and tasted what I think an old school cigar would be like back in the day. hahaha sounds crazy I guess idk I need some more
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    decade tonight, great smoke as usual
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Had an A. Fernandez Signature series, which was the first cigar I ever had from ccom. Brought me back to my days as a rookie cigar enthusiast, real nice leather/pepper smoke.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    A La Aurora 1495 series. First time for me. 1st half reminds me of a giant chocolate bar. Love the flavor. I can see why some folks rave about this one.

• Options
    Just finished a Nica Libre Torpedo that had about two months on it. These things age well, and had no burn issues whatsoever with this one. Excellent cigar. I also smoked a Pinar del Rio Oscuro this morning, not a bad cigar either.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    just finished a cu avana intenso. eh not too insteno...just soso.