Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    I had a MOW toro tonight, the first one of the five pack I got a week or two ago on the daily deal. It was pretty good but the draw was quite tight. Once it got down a couple inches the draw opened up as well as the flavor and I really started to enjoy it
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started my day off with a Perdomo Grand Cru churchill in the Connecticut wrapper, very good cigar and I'm really liking what Perdomo does with Conn. wrappers. After that was a Don Pepin Blue label toro that has obviously been sitting on the shelf for some time as noted by the crystallized oils, yellow cello and overall medium-ish body...it was good, but the aging really takes something away from it. Later still was a Joya de Nicaragua Fuerte, for under $4 it is a really solid cigar. To round out the day I had a Oliva Special S robusto, this is right up there in my favorite Olivas.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    TheShaun:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Had a three-fer today. I started with an Ambos Mundos white label robusto ( I can't remember if the white is the Sumatra or habano, I want to say Sumatra) and it was good, better than I remember the others I've had actually, maybe this one had more time on it (thanks Brandon). Later was a Gurkha Fuerte from nickgonzo that he tells me was from the first batch in '07, and it was a good one, I have not enjoyed a Gurkha that much in some time. Later still was a Tatuaje house blend from PuroFreak, it looks just like a Miami but the blend is different, it was a flavor bomb and I'll have to have more of these sometime down the line.

All of the cigars I smoked today were from trades or bombs, thanks to all the guys responsible for them.
    I'm glad you enjoyed that house blend. I was surprised when it didn't have a special band, but you can tell from the first puff it isn't the regular Miami. They should be getting in another 100 boxes soon so I will be able to get my hands on some more.
    Pretty sure the white is the habano. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the house blend Puro has mentioned all this time. I love the tat miamis, and especially in the noella size.
    If some of you guys wanted to do a box split on some of these I'd be happy to be the middle guy. lol Just get how ever many people want in on a split and send me the money. I'll take money and go get a box and ship em out to you guys. If anyone is interested in something like this I'll find out the exact price and let you guys know.
    I'd definately still like to try one of those house blends, is anyone else interested in doing a 2 or 3-way box split?
    Depending on cost, I may be in. Shipping to Canada though. Keep me in the loop by PM.
    Is anyone still up for this?
    I am, depending on cost. I would probably be limited to doing a three-way split, unless they are quite a bit cheaper than I am expecting.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    alienmisprint:
    TheShaun:
    TheShaun:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Had a three-fer today. I started with an Ambos Mundos white label robusto ( I can't remember if the white is the Sumatra or habano, I want to say Sumatra) and it was good, better than I remember the others I've had actually, maybe this one had more time on it (thanks Brandon). Later was a Gurkha Fuerte from nickgonzo that he tells me was from the first batch in '07, and it was a good one, I have not enjoyed a Gurkha that much in some time. Later still was a Tatuaje house blend from PuroFreak, it looks just like a Miami but the blend is different, it was a flavor bomb and I'll have to have more of these sometime down the line.

All of the cigars I smoked today were from trades or bombs, thanks to all the guys responsible for them.
    I'm glad you enjoyed that house blend. I was surprised when it didn't have a special band, but you can tell from the first puff it isn't the regular Miami. They should be getting in another 100 boxes soon so I will be able to get my hands on some more.
    Pretty sure the white is the habano. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the house blend Puro has mentioned all this time. I love the tat miamis, and especially in the noella size.
    If some of you guys wanted to do a box split on some of these I'd be happy to be the middle guy. lol Just get how ever many people want in on a split and send me the money. I'll take money and go get a box and ship em out to you guys. If anyone is interested in something like this I'll find out the exact price and let you guys know.
    I'd definately still like to try one of those house blends, is anyone else interested in doing a 2 or 3-way box split?
    Depending on cost, I may be in. Shipping to Canada though. Keep me in the loop by PM.
    Is anyone still up for this?
    I am, depending on cost. I would probably be limited to doing a three-way split, unless they are quite a bit cheaper than I am expecting.
    I'd be in the same boat.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    I had a Cruz Real out on my balcony today. Not great, but not bad either. I won't be going out of my way for these in the future. I think I read somewhere on these boards that there a few fans of these on here.
    I think the feeling is pretty much the same with most of the people that I know who've had them...not bad but not great.

TheShaun:
    I'd be in the same boat.

Looks like we just need one more......

Had an Alec Bradley Pryme earlier, man I love them. This one had about 4-5 months on it, and they do age well.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'm down at the lake this weekend and I've come down with a head cold or sinus infection or something... I brought 3 or 4 damn good smokes, but unless I am a lot better when I wake up tomorrow, I won't be smoking any of them...
  • Options
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009, courtesy of jozer, thanks again man. This was the first of these I've had, and I definately liked it better than the 2008's. Pretty good smoke, but still not as good as the 06 or 07.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Resting tonight after an "A" and Forum Blend yesterday with Beta...
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Wow - just a had an excellent Padilla 1932, but almost got blown off the back porch.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee. I thought it was approiate with the Yankees clinching today.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    YankeeMan:
    I had a Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee. I thought it was approiate with the Yankees clinching today.

The Yankees clinching just makes me clinch my teeth !!! Orioles fan here . You just wait till we ...get a new owner , a real coach, a power hitting 1st baseman, a solid 3rd baseman, a starting rotation of 5 pitchers instead of 25 over a season, a closer , a set-up man , a long reliever , a decent ball girl and some peanut and hotdog venders with an acurate arm ...and then by gawd just WATCH OUT !!! Of course you and I both may be dead by then ...I'm just sayin' ...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You hit it on the head. You have the makings of a good team, a young starting rotation, a beautiful stadium, the nucleus of a good team, but you need an owner who's not tighter than two coats of paint!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    YankeeMan:
    You hit it on the head. You have the makings of a good team, a young starting rotation, a beautiful stadium, the nucleus of a good team, but you need an owner who's not tighter than two coats of paint!

It would be a joyous day for Oriole Nation if and when new ownership arrives ...its a cryin' shame for a once proud franchise ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Habano Cohiba Robusto... Great flavor profile of earth, leather, wood, nutty, coffee and just hints of spice. Far milder than I expected. Age on this one made it amazingly smooth. This one had over two years in the humidor. A perfect cigar in my opinion. I will remember this one for a long time.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    RP spring 2009...I keep expecting to grow out of my love of RPs, but every time I try a new one, I love it. This was great, but not overly complex. Hints of cocoa, expresso...I swear there was some floral in there. I read some reviews and people said they got strong pepper or spice...I did not, except for maybe a slight cinnamon. I'd put this at med-full probably. I think I may like the summer just a little bit better. Haven't had winter or autumn.
  • Options
    In memory of duty, PTFTW.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    OMG ! It has been a while with that one.. LOL. I friggin' miss that guy.
  • Options
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II after eating at a pretty damn good Chinese buffet. Very good as always.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    In memory of duty, PTFTW.
    Oh wow!!!
    Now THAT is a trip down "Funny Memory Lane"
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label, courtesy of Brandon. I'd been keeping this one for just the right moment as I've heard so much about DPG. I really enjoyed this cigar as I thought it was absolutely perfect for an autumn afternoon on the patio. It had a wonderful, oily wrapper, a really even burn, and lots of earthy notes.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II after eating at a pretty damn good Chinese buffet. Very good as always.
    This is one of my new favorites. I am really wanting to smoke a Relic next.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    jsnake:
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't had either, but I've got my eye on them. I love the 5 Vegas line, so I assume I will love these as well.

I had a Padilla Miami Lancero this evening. Wonderful, as they always are. I am becoming a big fan of the lancero size in general. I think I'll go for cigar #2 here in a little while...
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    jsnake:
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't had either, but I've got my eye on them. I love the 5 Vegas line, so I assume I will love these as well.

I had a Padilla Miami Lancero this evening. Wonderful, as they always are. I am becoming a big fan of the lancero size in general. I think I'll go for cigar #2 here in a little while...
    The Cask Strength II is my favor 5 Vegas so far...
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    I had a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label, courtesy of Brandon. I'd been keeping this one for just the right moment as I've heard so much about DPG. I really enjoyed this cigar as I thought it was absolutely perfect for an autumn afternoon on the patio. It had a wonderful, oily wrapper, a really even burn, and lots of earthy notes.
    I had a DPG blue label as well tonight, i can't get enough of them
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had my first MOW Ruination. It was nice to actualy try a cigar and feel that little buzz from it. I absolutely loved this cigar. If it were not so darn expenzive I would keep it in regular stock. Thanks to a recent daily deal, I have plenty of extras to enjoy for a while.
  • Options
    Luko:
    TatuajeVI:
    jsnake:
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't had either, but I've got my eye on them. I love the 5 Vegas line, so I assume I will love these as well...
    The Cask Strength II is my favor 5 Vegas so far...
    It is my favorite of the 5 Vegas line as well. The Relic is a close second, but only after it has a few months on it. Jsnake-definately let that Relic sit for a month or two, you will be glad you did.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had my first Tatuaje Havana yesterday. Was pretty good but I should have waited till I felt 100% before I smoked it. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't recovering from bronchitis. This one had 6 months on it. It was the robusto I believe.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rwheelwright:
    Had my first Tatuaje Havana yesterday. Was pretty good but I should have waited till I felt 100% before I smoked it. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't recovering from bronchitis. This one had 6 months on it. It was the robusto I believe.
    When you get better and have another, try the Havana VI with an Amaretto and Sour. It's like they are a match made in heaven.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Driving back from Chicago saturday, had a two-fer or was it a three-fer? Anyway, started with an Oliva G maduro robusto, verrry nice. The second was a Perdomo Lot 23 toro connecticut wrapper. Now that was a real joy. Smooth, nutty, medium & creamy. Just about dropped it in my seat because of trying to hold on too long!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Mmmm... I've got a couple of these resting in the humi. I haven't had a bad smoke from DPG! I am really looking forward to trying the El Rey De los Habanos after Jozer said the one I sent him was so good. The Cuban Classic is also a great smoke, and I also have a JJ Maduro resting. Thats one of the only ones I've never had... Man I hope this cold goes away soon! I'm craving a good smoke so bad right now!!