Today's line up:

Rocky Patel Autumn 2008

Camacho Corojo Ltd Diploma

Gurkha Doble Maduro

Rocky Patel Sun Grown
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    johnnyv:
    Today's line up: Rocky Patel Autumn 2008 Camacho Corojo Ltd Diploma Gurkha Doble Maduro Rocky Patel Sun Grown
    Buckle up brother.. I'd be set for the day after the Camacho. Last one kicked my ass.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    johnnyv:
    Today's line up:

Rocky Patel Autumn 2008

Camacho Corojo Ltd Diploma

Gurkha Doble Maduro

Rocky Patel Sun Grown
    Buckle up brother.. I'd be set for the day after the Camacho. Last one kicked my ass.
    I just finished off the Camacho...Incredible smoke! Very full flavored. I could be done, you may be right, but the day is not over!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Man O' War
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Camacho Triple Maduro. This thing is GOOD! Sweet, smooth, great draw. A very nice chocolatey, coffee flavor.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    It really wasn't bad just took a while to build to that enjoyment part,,,i enjoyed it.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Dont post much, but tried two new ones I had to share. Both medium body and excellent smokes. First was a La Especion Limatada 09. It was a short, fat torpedo. Second was an Alex Bradley SCR Robusto. Both were outstanding!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Having a Perdomo Gran Cru right now courtesy of our pak Joe. I am really digging it so far, about halfway in.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    jsnake:
    Duder2:
    I am toward the end of my 4th Diesel and had a similar experience as jsnake described on the diesel review page. The first half inch or so wasn't so good, but after that developed into the great stick I have come to know and love. The last third of these is really good, a nubber every time :^)
    Like you said I loved it after that 1st inch. Thought it developed into a wonderful smoke and wanted to nub it tilmy fingers burned. That initial inch on my first and only so far was just harsh. Letting the other rest and looking forward to it.
    The funny thing is the first three Diesels I smoked were still pretty fresh and seemed to be better. It may just be an anomaly too, I've got 23 more right now so time will tell. Either way I love the way it evolves and is still a standby for me when I want a stick I know I will love.
  • Options
    Today was my first 4 stick day.
    Started with a Gurkha Regent. It was good, but didn't knock my sox off. I have 2 more to let rest and look forward to a revisit.
    Next up was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. It was good, but again, didn't blow me away. Also have a few more of these to revisit.
    Third was a Partagas cameroon. It was pretty good but got interrupted half way through to go have dinner with my parents, got a few more of these too.
    Last was a Gurkha Titan robusto. I'm glad I capped the day off with the Titan as it was pretty damn good. I've got more of them on the way from the DOTD and another bonus pack and I'm not dissapointed. Now I'm really stoked to try that Beauty Maduro that seems to be everyone's favorite of the 3 sticks in that pack. Maybe tomorrow...

Oh, and they all burned very even and had great draw. It was a good day for cigars :^)
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I was able to get in a couple of sticks while out Christmas shopping. First was a Rocky Patel decade, always an enjoyable smoke and quickly becoming one of my favorites. The second was a Nording, my first. I enjoyed it, it was kinda like a mild brown ale, not complex but tasty.
  • Options
    Padilla Obsidian.  Beautiful.  It smokes as good as it looks.  I may have to buy a pack of 20 of these.  Medium body, very smooth, mood improving.  Excellent cigar.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Baked some cookies and watched Elf with the mrs. and had an Alec Bradley SCR. twas a good evening. cookies were good. cigar was better.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    spent about an hour and a half in the hot tub after the Colts won today an enjoyed a wonderful Monte ISOM to relax and get my mind set for the new job tommorow ...great cigar with lots of smoke and a creamy spice flavor ...
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

Perdomo Habano Corojo

Had all the spice I would expect from this thick cigar. Gave it one of my highest ratings in my little 'cigar journal'.

• Options
    Gurkha centurion and a man o war ruination.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Went to a B&M with very limited selection this weekend...had a cusano paired maduro and double connie, and a AF curly head...smoked them at the end of long days of hunting and all were great.
  • Options
    I smoked a Cain F (again courtesy of Joe) earlier, and although it was pretty good, I prefer the regular Habano or Maduro to it. Right now I'm in the middle of a Regent, I haven't had one of these in a long time, they are always nice to revisit.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i had a Punch Magnum. the first third was not so great. the second third was pretty good. not the best $5 smoke out there but I tonight it's cold and I didn't want a really nice smoke just in case I got too cold. it was just okay. I got them in a sampler, but i normally wouldn't buy one.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    bbc020:
    rwheelwright:
    Then moved to a Sol Cubano Sumatra. This one had a tight draw and kept going out. My guess is that it was too moist. We'll see what some age does to this one. I have a few more left.
    Maddy sent me one of these a while back, a churchill. I remember smoking it and enjoying it immensely for the consistent great flavor. I hope they get better for you

I'm finishing up a 601 Green Tronco (5x52). Great full bodied cigar from Don Pepin and EO. I really should reach for these more often.
    I remember having one a long time ago and they were much better. I can just guess that they were a little too moist.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭

Line up for today

0600   Camacho SLR Maduro robusto

0830   Gurkha Blue Steel

1230   Gurkha Blue Steel

1600   Gurkha Blue Steel

• Options
    fla-gypsy:

Line up for today

0830   Gurkha Blue Steel

1230   Gurkha Blue Steel

1600   Gurkha Blue Steel

I take it you enjoy the blue steel?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I stocked up recently on the DD. Sometimes you smoke what you have the most of!LOL
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:

Line up for today

0830   Gurkha Blue Steel

1230   Gurkha Blue Steel

1600   Gurkha Blue Steel

Pretty funny gypsy.. variety is the spice of life, unless of course you find something you really like. Since you seem to favor the Gurkhas, have you ever tried the Gurkha Symphony ? That is one of my favorite Gurkhas. It's not listed here as available but give a call, they may be able to help you out.
  • Options
    Yesterday was a personal record 5 stick day.
    First up was a Cusano 18 conny. It was ok but a bit mild for my taste.
    Next up was a Gurkha Master Select Gran Reserve conny and it was very good, just like the first one I had.
    Third was a RP Old World Reserve maduro. I really liked this one, very tasty and smooth with a perfect burn. It was the biggest departure from all the other RP's I've had so far.
    Next was a CAO L'Anniversaire cameroon. It was good, but didn't blow me away. Pretty tasty with a good burn and draw. I'm still undecided on cameroon's in general.
    Last was a Leon Jimenes Maduro. This was my first La Aurora and it started a little flat but about a half inch in started to get really good. It had one of the toothiest wrappers I've come across yet and smoked absolutely perfectly. After that first half inch or so it was a very tasty smoke with medium spice and a bit of sweetness and I was happy to cap the night off with this one, good stuff.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

Tonight it will be the Perdomo....somethingorother...Vintage 1991, that's it!

• Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Think I'm about to head home and grab a Vegas 5 Series 'A' Archetype
  • Options
    I'm smoking a Don Pepin in honor of today's Daily Deal.  I posted my thoughts in that thread.  You guys doing the multiple cigar days make me feel better about my daily habit.  I asked the owner of Cousin's Cigars in Beachwood OH how many he smokes a day and he told me 1 every 2 hours!  Still not as many as Sigmund Freud and his 20 a day (but bad things happened to Freud...)
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    I had my first NUB Habano tonight. Really enjoyed the flavors of this cigar. Was a little histitant about this larger ring size, but found that I liked it just fine. Did have a little trouble keeping it lite toward the end though. Not sure if this common, or just this one stick. Regardless, I will definately try them again! :)
  • Options
    About halfway through a gigantic Maxx, I believe it is the Vice Curved. Whatever it is, it is really good. I don't know why, but it seems like I am smoking alot more larger-ring gauge cigars as of late.