Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Got warm enough to watch the snow melt! Had me a Santa Rosa torpedo. It's brown, it burns evenly and slowly...so I could watch even more snow melt!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Last night I had my first AB Tempus. I really liked it, it kinda reminded me of the 5 Vegas CSII. It got a little harsh, but then again it didn't have much rest time on it. I'll let the other few I have sit for a while and I'm sure they will be great.
  • Options
    Gurkha micro batch S2
    great effing blend!!smooth,creamy,complex(nuts ,cherry liqure,black pepper,cedar and a great finish that was spicy in sensation and taste). Even hints of red banana peppers
    Straigt burn and long ashes. Med to full body
    to quote another forum member "it tasted less like a Gurkha and more like a normal cigar"
    not much net talk about this cigar,people must be tring to keep this limited edition blend a well kept secret!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    I had planned on sleeping all day, but I woke up at like 7:30. I've got coffee, jazz, and a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II going, all while keeping warm inside as the snow and rain fall. Uncharacteristic weather for this time of year in Texas, but it's actually kind of nice. It's been a pretty good day off of work so far.
    ... what the **** ! Snow in Texas. At least it won't last long. When the snow falls in Chicago, you got it for the next 4-5 months. I just found a Cask That I should give a try.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    kaspera79:
    Matt Marvel:
    I had planned on sleeping all day, but I woke up at like 7:30. I've got coffee, jazz, and a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II going, all while keeping warm inside as the snow and rain fall. Uncharacteristic weather for this time of year in Texas, but it's actually kind of nice. It's been a pretty good day off of work so far.
    ... what the **** ! Snow in Texas. At least it won't last long. When the snow falls in Chicago, you got it for the next 4-5 months. I just found a Cask That I should give a try.
    There's more in the forecast for Friday. It's not getting cold enough for it to stick yet, but I have a feeling we're going to see it happen sooner than later. We're due for a rough winter here.
  • Options
    CAO Brazilia tonight.  Very nice.  Lots of pepper.  Not as strong as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Last night was a Rocky Patel Decade Toro... nice little smoke (or big)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Had a Don Pepin Blue toro this afternoon, always an enjoyable cigar...especially for the price on the daily deal last week. To finish the day I had a 5 Vegas Triple A, honestly I didn't feel it was anything to write home about, good cigar sure, just nothing I want to be holding heavy on.
    Smoking a Triple A right now. Thoughts so far... slow burning stick. Ring is too big for my tastes, makes draw a little too tight for me. Burn is good. Flavors are interesting, I like it better than the diesel so far.

I am very picky when it comes to maduros, this is a top 10 maduro for me. Like rank 9 or so. I think maddie hos will love this cigar, I could be wrong!
    Peace, Nick
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Famous 70th Ann Perdomo, what a great smoke these are.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Going out to the garage right now with an empty mug (which will soon be full of Yuengling) and a Brickhouse. I don't the the exact size of this one but it is around 6" long with a smaller ring gauge. I picked this up maybe 2 months ago at the B&M so I am looking forward to it. Now I just have to decide on a movie.....
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Enjoying the hell out of a Gurkha VH-7 right now. After going on my Gurkha fest and then laying off for a while I have found myself craving Gurkha more and more lately. The VH-7 doesn't have a ton of that Gurkha "something" but just enough to satisfy that craving and is otherwise tasty in itself. I have a bunch of other Gurkha's in the humi that need rest but will be calling my name until they are ready (must resist..).
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    The Brickhouse was pretty good. For the price it is a great stick! The ash was pretty weak and woudln't hold for very long, but the flavors were very nutty and it picked up a little spice at the end. Very, very tasty. And the movie I watched was Heat; what an awesome movie!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    The Brickhouse was pretty good. For the price it is a great stick! The ash was pretty weak and woudln't hold for very long, but the flavors were very nutty and it picked up a little spice at the end. Very, very tasty.
    I think the churchill size got a 91 in CA... if im not mistaken
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

Snowy day AGAIN!

Going out for a ROCKY PATEL Vintage 1990 Torpedo. Should warm the soul.

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭

Today's line up

0600-       Perdomo Lot 23

0900         5 Vegas Seires "A"

1200         Don Pepin Garcia Generosa

1630?        5 Vegas Seires "A"

It was a good day.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Going to have a Nica Libre Imperial. It shall be fantastic. Can't wait til I go home.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Probably won't have anything tonight. Last night I had my first Onyx Impulse. With some rest and a cup of coffee, they may end up being rather enjoyable. The one I had last night was a bit rough, but it was fresh out of the mailbox.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Enjoying one of the Gurkha Black Dragon Tubos... mmm
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:

Today's line up

0600-       Perdomo Lot 23

0900         5 Vegas Seires "A"

1200         Don Pepin Garcia Generosa

1630?        5 Vegas Seires "A"

It was a good day.

I am so jealous of you retired, smoke four a day guys !! I had one.. that Casa Magna cigar that Mustluvcigars sent me a while ago. I enjoyed it a lot, It was very earthy, woody, a bit of caramel, and had a corn like taste at times. There was plenty to keep me interested for the hour -fifteen I spent with this one. Lots of smoke and a very easy draw. The cigar was a little soft but still to my liking. Pepper and a nice tongue bite. It was good, but, not " Cigar of the Year " in my opinion.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Bout to blaze a Gurkha Blue Steel from that DOTD.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    stephen_hannibal:
    let me know how it is. i have 5 that have been sittin for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm almost done with a Camacho Corojo. Mighty tasty this one is.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    martymcg43:
    stephen_hannibal:
    let me know how it is. i have 5 that have been sittin for a couple weeks.

Let them sit... they're not bad but could use some age... Also I was drinking a wild cherry pepsi which i think kinda weirded the flavors a bit.
  • Options
    Cubao Maduro- Awesome cigar with lots of pepper. I had my first Man o War yesterday, now I understand the popularity. CAO Brazilia the day before that. Monday was a huge 6x60 Perdomo Habano Torpedo. I have a good week going. I'm thinking CAO America for Friday?
  • Options
    601 Blue= spicy sweet goodness
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a few today. Started with a Cabaiguan corona gorda, great smoke. Later was a Padilla Achilles robusto, I like this cigar for what it is, nothing great but it gets the job done. Last was a San Cristobal robusto...where has this cigar been all my life? It was fan-freakin-tastic, great burn, excellent flavors...Pepin done good with this one.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    wow what a long day ! was off work (woohoo!) helped the wife ALL day cleaning house and cooking and what not . Now ...this evening I pour myself a nice rum and sierra mist and pick out a nice ERDM Choix Supreme 6.12 X 49 out of the humi . I've got my rum, cigar , ashtray and lighter/cutter and heading downstairs to the man-cave for a little tv and smoke and relaxation. Start down the steps and turn around to close the door and I don't even know how this happened but I spilled the entire glass of rum on the steps, walls and some goes into my ashtray where I have layed my ciggy for the trip to the man-cave !!! Holy Chit !!! I rescue the cigar first before it gets too wet (prioritys) and slip on the steps and about bust the G-Mans a_ss !!! Anyways , after cleaning up my mess , making a new drink , drying off the cigar and threatning to do bodily harm to the wife if she doesn't stop laughing I finally make it to the man-cave for a great smoke. I love ERDM in about any size and this baby was a flavor bomb !!! Was glad I was abl to rescue it from my clumsiness .
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    wow what a long day ! was off work (woohoo!) helped the wife ALL day cleaning house and cooking and what not . Now ...this evening I pour myself a nice rum and sierra mist and pick out a nice ERDM Choix Supreme 6.12 X 49 out of the humi . I've got my rum, cigar , ashtray and lighter/cutter and heading downstairs to the man-cave for a little tv and smoke and relaxation. Start down the steps and turn around to close the door and I don't even know how this happened but I spilled the entire glass of rum on the steps, walls and some goes into my ashtray where I have layed my ciggy for the trip to the man-cave !!! Holy Chit !!! I rescue the cigar first before it gets too wet (prioritys) and slip on the steps and about bust the G-Mans a_ss !!! Anyways , after cleaning up my mess , making a new drink , drying off the cigar and threatning to do bodily harm to the wife if she doesn't stop laughing I finally make it to the man-cave for a great smoke. I love ERDM in about any size and this baby was a flavor bomb !!! Was glad I was abl to rescue it from my clumsiness .
    Glad to hear you survived that little ordeal and got to enjoy your smoke! Also thanks for giving me a bit of a chuckle on a cold sh*tty night at work!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Glad to hear you survived that little ordeal and got to enjoy your smoke! Also thanks for giving me a bit of a chuckle on a cold sh*tty night at work!

Glad I could be of service ( or amusement) !!!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    One smoke for me tonight....a Tatuaje Verocu East Coast that has been in the humi since 11/21/08. This thing was great. Perfect construction and draw. Burn wavered only a bit and never required a touch up. The taste was supreme though with lots of earth, sweetness, and spice. The aroma of this stick made me wish I had more, but this was my one and only. I feel a little better about it knowing that I have a couple Verocu Tubos on the way. Many thanks goes to Pete and Don Pepin for this creation.