Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I had a Gurkha Legend. Starte out rough, burn issues, touching up regularly, not much flavor (which seems like most Gurkha's I've had lately), but it finished well. Feeling a little bit cheated, I went for another stick and went with the 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. Of course, as soon as I lit it, I was quickly reminded of why I love 5 Vegas so much. Perfect burn and construction, loads of flavor, great finish. I very well may end up a 5 Vegas exclusive smoker...never had a problem yet, ever.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

Had my H. Upman Magnum 50 a day later then I planned, but it was gooooooood. Perfect burn, great draw and the slow burn that you'd expect from a good Cuban! With a little over 1 1/2 years in the humi, the're a bit young but smoking real nice.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    after dinner grabbed a Padilla Habano Churchill, I also gave my Father in Law one. It had a really firm draw, my father in law's kept wanting to go out, it had to be touched up quite a bit. I was so tired that I didn't even finish and stopped at the last third. It was okay. I would like to try a Torp and may do the DOTD for a 5 pack. I wasn't too impressed and these are supposedly a really good smoke.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I had my first Man O' War Ruination after dinner yesterday. It was a Robusto #1 and I found it to be much better than the original Man O' War. Now the hard part of deciding what I will partake in today. So many delicious cigars and so little time to enjoy all of them.
  • Options
    Yesterday I had my first Shark. This was quite an exceptional smoking expierence. The ash held past the halfway mark and I was able to snap a pic not two seconds too soon.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    mustluvcigars:
    Yesterday I had my first Shark. This was quite an exceptional smoking expierence. The ash held past the halfway mark and I was able to snap a pic not two seconds too soon.

these are Sharks I dont mind swimming with !!!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    mustluvcigars:

Nice! Pretty cool you managed to get the pic just in time.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Were you lying on your back smoking that thing straight up in the air or what?
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Graycliff 1666. A real finger burner.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Were you lying on your back smoking that thing straight up in the air or what?
    Very funny bigharpoon... that's great!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had a perdomo 7x60 presidente this morning. 1st few puffs were really good with some nice pepper. Then it just turned into a very mild bland non complex monster of a cigar. It was a litte creamy with execptional construction and burn. Was like smoking a brown paper bag though in the flavor area. Still smoked 810ths of it cause I wanted to smoke and the burn was so true.Maybe I let it rest to long as I cant remember how long is been in the humi. Reminded me of a low budget DPJ Serie JJ natty which I dont care for either. Now the JJ maduro thats a damn good smoke.
  • Options
    Duder2:
    This afternoon I tried a Perdomo 10th champagne. It was a good mellow smoke, near perfect burn, nice flavor, nothing too exciting but went well with my coffee. Tonight was a Perdomo habano corojo. I liked it, perfect burn, nice amount of spice, great draw, great construction, a good tasty stick. Sometime in the next few days I will be trying the maduro version, I'm looking forward to it :^)

The maduro version is way better IMO. It has a lot more richness to it. Thats just my taste though. I love Corojo wrappers but I like the ones that complement the earthy, salty, spicy all the way through blends of cigars. Like Padillas and DPGs. Minus the JJ natty.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Had a perdomo 7x60 presidente this morning. 1st few puffs were really good with some nice pepper. Then it just turned into a very mild bland non complex monster of a cigar. It was a litte creamy with execptional construction and burn. Was like smoking a brown paper bag though in the flavor area. Still smoked 810ths of it cause I wanted to smoke and the burn was so true.Maybe I let it rest to long as I cant remember how long is been in the humi. Reminded me of a low budget DPG Serie JJ natty which I dont care for either. Now the JJ maduro thats a damn good smoke.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Having a San Cristobal Churchill right now, what a great cigar. I was a little hestitant to smoke it, I have been wanting to try them for so long that I had them built up in my head. I was afraid they wouldn't live up to my expectations, but I gotta say, it really does. Are the other sizes as good or better?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Having a San Cristobal Churchill right now, what a great cigar. I was a little hestitant to smoke it, I have been wanting to try them for so long that I had them built up in my head. I was afraid they wouldn't live up to my expectations, but I gotta say, it really does. Are the other sizes as good or better?
    If thats the one you got from me I'm glad you are enjoying it Tony! Those are one of my favorites!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    If thats the one you got from me I'm glad you are enjoying it Tony! Those are one of my favorites!
    I have had a few San Cristobals in the Robusto vitola and they are a damn good smoke. I'm going to have to find a deal on some more of those.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well I brought a Graycliff 1666 and an Oliva O to the bar with me... It's a good thing I lit and finished the Graycliff early and decided not to light the Oliva - tonight was ridiculously crazy @ the bar. Fight after fight. And now i'm finally coming down from the adrenaline so nightie night
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    I have had a few San Cristobals in the Robusto vitola and they are a damn good smoke. I'm going to have to find a deal on some more of those.
    Robusto is the size I smoke most often and San Cristobal delivers in this size as well. Ashton and Pepin are to thank for this great stick, and both are proven winners in my opinion.
  • Options
    Had a SC Cuban Cabinet #4 this afternoon. Didn't have quite enough rest on it unfortunately. It wasn't bad but also wasn't as good as I had hoped. The final third was pretty enjoyable though. I have several more of these that I will revisit in a while.
  • Options
    tonight is the last night with my brother before i see him at christmas so i bought his favorite cigar (graycliff 1666) and i think we will do that tonight. it is gonna be a good night for cactching up on everything and spending time with someone i miss very much. cigars just make bonding so much easier haha
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    currently having a Slow Aged 826. it's a smoke... i'll say that much. i've had cigarettes better than this...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    DPG original blue, boy these things have really grown on me. Very enjoyable smoke when you're not looking for a bomb.
  • Options
    went to the B&M today to pick up some Fuente Anejos as they just got them in. to my surprise he had a box of 77's and 4 other sizes. I picked up a 50 and 3 77's along with some Cain Maduro Straight Ligero's to try as i've never had one. I was blown away with the price of the Anejos. Let's just say that they were a lot cheaper than anywhere online and because i know the guy, i got an extra 10% it's def going to be a 77 tonight
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    T. Gervais:
    Had a SC Cuban Cabinet #4 this afternoon. Didn't have quite enough rest on it unfortunately. It wasn't bad but also wasn't as good as I had hoped. The final third was pretty enjoyable though. I have several more of these that I will revisit in a while.

Love the #4. Never had one until Joz3r put one in a mystery stick package and now they're in my usual rotation.
    Last night was a RP royal vintage and a Diesel. Tonight I think a CAO Black robusto and after dinner perhaps a Cain.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Love the #4. Never had one until Joz3r put one in a mystery stick package and now they're in my usual rotation
    Glad to have turned you on to that one Jeff. I really enjoy the Cuban Cabinet, and the #4 is money all the way. Reminds me that I haven't had one for quite some time, need to fix that.

Been down with a flu bug for the past couple days, but today I was feeling almost back to normal, aside from a pesky cough. For my first cigar back to the land of the living I went with a Cabaiguan corona gorda. Each time I smoke a Cab I like them a little more, really awesome cigar.
  • Options
    well, since i've had an Anejo already and i picked up a Cain Double Toro Maduro i decided to have the Cain. well, it's probably my last. apparently its just too darn strong for me. i turned green and, well, you know the rest.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    It was indeed! I have been wanting to try them for a while now, just never got around to ordering any. The flavor was excellent, my only complaint was the draw was just a tad tight, but nothing too bad. I'm hoping the draw on the other sizes is a bit more to my liking, I see a few people here reccomend the robusto, I will definately have to give that a shot now.

I had a Cain Maduro Robusto last night, and it was just as good as the first one I had. I'm glad I have a box of these coming, lol. Then I smoked a very impressive cigar, the new Room 101 from Camacho. I was blown away by this stick, it was so flavorful. I'm normally not a huge Camacho fan, but this one really got me stoked. I immediately started looking for them online, but could not find any. I guess they are just going to be local purchases for me.
  • Options
    Almost done with one of the Tatuaje House Blends from Puro's B&M, and wow, what a great smoke. I haven't had a Tatuaje product yet that I didn't like, and this one is no exception. The Miami line is my favorite overall line from Tat anyways, and this house blend falls right into that same profile. Excellent cigar, really makes me wish I had gotten in on that box split.

EDIT: Just finished that Tat, and I know the term "finger-burner" gets used alot, but I literally burned my fingers and lip a little on this one. Awesome cigar.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Had a 5 vegas Miami robusto out on the balcony this afternoon. really like the 5 vegas line!
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Had a 5 vegas Miami robusto out on the balcony this afternoon. really like the 5 vegas line!
    how's the weather? Had a rp old world tonight,it getting down to the --degrees here at night so I built a little fire and it keep me warm. It's gonna be quite the battle though when the snow hits,I'll be lucky if I can suffer though the cold fir one stogie a week.