Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options

Duder2:
    johnnyv:
    I've got a serious crisis going on here.  I'm smoking a Diesel and it tastes extremely bitter.  For the past 3 days nothing has tasted right to me regardless of time of day or strength of cigar. Clearly my palate is betraying me but I have no idea why.  Has this ever happened to anyone else out there?  Any remedies?
    That's really weird, I smoked a deisel sraight out of the mail and it was great even then. With a few weeks of rest it just got better. Are you getting sick maybe? Hope things get better for you.
    That's what is so weird, I'm not sick at all.  Being the trooper I am I'm going back after it today.  I"ll let you know how it goes.  Today's lineup will be:

Padilla 1968

Gurkha Park Avenue

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Dark Knight

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    johnnyv:

Duder2:
    johnnyv:
    I've got a serious crisis going on here.  I'm smoking a Diesel and it tastes extremely bitter.  For the past 3 days nothing has tasted right to me regardless of time of day or strength of cigar. Clearly my palate is betraying me but I have no idea why.  Has this ever happened to anyone else out there?  Any remedies?
    That's really weird, I smoked a deisel sraight out of the mail and it was great even then. With a few weeks of rest it just got better. Are you getting sick maybe? Hope things get better for you.
    That's what is so weird, I'm not sick at all.  Being the trooper I am I'm going back after it today.  I"ll let you know how it goes.  Today's lineup will be:

Padilla 1968

Gurkha Park Avenue

I hope it gets better for you man. I've had bouts like that where everything I smoke tastes a little off. Usually it has something to do with what I've eaten or maybe some sinus trouble I'm having. I hope this isn't an issue for me today as I will be having a smoke while I hang Christmas lights. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    5 Vegas Relic... I'm not really liking it. It's the most leather tasting cigar I've ever had... Ugh! Maybe some age will do these good.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    partaking in a new one for me tonight, La Flor De Ynclan torpedo. Not a bad smoke. Dom. and Nic. filler. Seems like a Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper. Nice medium body and excellent construction. Good all around tobacco flavor with some spice. Somehow, it seems better than I can describe.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    well, the owner of the better b&m in town just told me that his box of Fuente Anejo's are in. it's on like donkey kong. that's tonights smoke fo sho
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    So apparently I gotta work the bar tonight. Usually bring along a stick, and tonight I'm thinking about a Gurkha Vintage Shaggy salomon... I wasn't the biggest fan of this stick the first time around, but it lasts FOREVER and maybe it'll be nicer with the bit of age I have on em.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

I could have been on this section of the forum many times, but just found it, lol

This week I've had the:

• 5 Vegas Relic
    • JR Alternative to the El Ray Del Mundo
    • Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
    • Fonseca (SOM)
    • and tonight might be a H. Upman Magnum 50 (SOM)

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    stephen_hannibal:
    5 Vegas Relic... I'm not really liking it. It's the most leather tasting cigar I've ever had... Ugh! Maybe some age will do these good.

Yes, the 5 Vegas RELIC does do well with some aging. I find that taking it out of the humi a day before you smoke it will help. It's a better smoke when it's dry. Just don't leave it in the sun or the wind for that 'dry' day.

• Options
    CAO MX2 box press
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    johnnyv:

Duder2:
    johnnyv:

Padilla 1968

Gurkha Park Avenue

I hope it gets better for you man. I've had bouts like that where everything I smoke tastes a little off. Usually it has something to do with what I've eaten or maybe some sinus trouble I'm having. I hope this isn't an issue for me today as I will be having a smoke while I hang Christmas lights. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Okay so I was shuffling through Humi #2 today looking for the Padilla 1968 and stumbled upon a Padilla Miami I didn't even know I had! I love when that happens. Anyway Tim B advised to try some club soda which I did and that seemed to help as did the spicy Miami I was smoking. That bad boy will cut through anything. Anyway it was very very good and I'm hoping there's a few more hidden gems in there. Still have no idea what the problem was but it appears I'm back in business so I've completely changed today's line-up and I will only have 1 more today which will be the Don Pepin Garcia Blue, also a nice full bodied spice bomb!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Who knows the answer to what I smoked tonight.. A few weeks ago the daily deal was on Gurkhas, and one of the cigars was a smaller Beauty with a Maduro wrapper. Not that Supersize one. Dammmmmn this was really good. Nice black coffee taste, woody, a bit grassy at the end, but very smooth. I burned this one till the ash fell behind my teeth...What are they called so I can get more ?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Got to work in a great mood this morning and that lasted about 30 minutes. Employees bit-chin and moanin about each other , customer problem involving a bank and that took almost an hour just to find a real live person to talk to. Throw in a ego maniac that thinks he's God and has a supervisory position and now I'm mule-lipped!!! 3 cigar day ...started with a DE Tabak Especial , wonderful mocha-coffee-caramel flavor. Number 2 was a CAO Crillo(sp) just a little flavor bomb , becoming a fan of these. Number 3 was an AF Anejo #77 Shark fresh from the box that landed at my B&M today, easily one of my top 2 or 3 cigars, I could smoke these everyday If I could afford to. Super Tasty and can't wait to get some age on some of these, I still have 2 or 3 left from last November !!!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I burned this one till the ash fell behind my teeth...What are they called so I can get more ?

Now Kas thats what I call really nubbin' a cigar brother !!!
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what B&M means?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Who knows the answer to what I smoked tonight.. A few weeks ago the daily deal was on Gurkhas, and one of the cigars was a smaller Beauty with a Maduro wrapper. Not that Supersize one. Dammmmmn this was really good. Nice black coffee taste, woody, a bit grassy at the end, but very smooth. I burned this one till the ash fell behind my teeth...What are they called so I can get more ?
    Was it the Gurkha Doble Maduro maybe? I just got some of those and I thought they were awesome
  • Options
    johnnyv:
    Can someone tell me what B&M means?

Brick and Mortar ...a physical cigar store.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    johnnyv:
    kaspera79:
    Was it the Gurkha Doble Maduro maybe? I just got some of those and I thought they were awesome
    ..No johnny this one had a " Beauty" label on it but the size was like 5/50 instead of the usual 6.5/58. same look different sizing. B&M= Brick and Mortar ( Cigar Shop ).
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds like you enjoyed that one Kas.

Had a couple tonight. First up was a Cabaiguan coronas extra, corona gorda, which simply put is an awesome mild-medium strength, but full flavored, cigar, one that can be smoked morning, noon or night and not come up short...this may be my favorite offering from Tatuaje. Later I had a Tatuaje Especiales, a nice looking lancero that smokes like a dream, not as full bodied as some of the other brown label Tats, but full of flavor and hard to put down even after removing several layers of skin from my fingertips.
  • Options
    had two tonight. started with the Man o War habano corona. nice cigar, mellow flavor, but def. a treat. creamy white smoke, good burn, overall a great smoke. then followed that with a Cusano Sun Grown Habano. a little more spice than the Man o War. definitely smoked these in the right order. the Cusano had a burn problem on one side but tasted great through and through. reminded me of a Perdomo Habano. nice everyday smoke
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    This afternoon I tried a Perdomo 10th champagne. It was a good mellow smoke, near perfect burn, nice flavor, nothing too exciting but went well with my coffee. Tonight was a Perdomo habano corojo. I liked it, perfect burn, nice amount of spice, great draw, great construction, a good tasty stick. Sometime in the next few days I will be trying the maduro version, I'm looking forward to it :^)
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Just tried the Verdadero Organic. I was really looking forward to this stick, but unfortunately this was not a pleasant experience.The prelight draw and aroma were outstanding, but when i lit it up it had a very bitter chemical and ash taste to it. Puffed on it for about 20 min. before calling it quits.
  • Options
    Duder2:
    This afternoon I tried a Perdomo 10th champagne. It was a good mellow smoke, near perfect burn, nice flavor, nothing too exciting but went well with my coffee. Tonight was a Perdomo habano corojo. I liked it, perfect burn, nice amount of spice, great draw, great construction, a good tasty stick. Sometime in the next few days I will be trying the maduro version, I'm looking forward to it :^)
    the Maduro version is one of my favorite smokes. it's got a perfect balance
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm finishing up one of the Arganese maduros I received in a package from stephen. This was a very good cigar! It had a perfect burn, and was very flavorful. I picked up mostly earth, and it was a strong earthy note. There was also a slight hint of coffee. Thanks to stephen for sending me these. I love trying new sticks, and this was definitely a treat! Luckily, I've found a B&M close by that sells them.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Well last night was a disappointment but only because I only got one cigar in. I finally smoked my 3 year old Padron 1964 Torpedo. It was pretty good. Different from what I remember but I haven't had one in a long time. Maybe I'll be able to get my OpusX in today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    you will enjoy the opus as long as its been resting a while. i will be smoking a Padilla habano tonight
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I enjoyed a Padilla 1932 this morning as we deep fried five (yes, FIVE) turkeys. Now that I've had my nap, I'm about to light up a Punch Gran Puro that I found hiding in the bottom of the coolerdor.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Well after enjoying a turkey lunch and then about 4 hours to digest ... i enjoyed a turkey dinner ( the wifes parents are seperated so we have two stops) me and the cousins ventured outside to enjoy an after dinner/pre desert smoke. I had a 4 month aged DPG Blue and i supplied a Gurkha Fuerte X, a Padilla 1932 a Graycliff 1966 anf the wife had a Patel 1990 ................. all in all everyone was happy and what a nite here in Buffalo to enjoy a smoke ... it was 46 but not freezing ...... just outta short wather for me ..... if its 50 or higher iam in shorts
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Nothing today because I'm working, but yesterday as I put up Christmas lights I did get to enjoy an Epernay by the guy that makes Illusione. These are damn good smokes. Lot of flavor for a mild-med body smoke. This was a small corona size and lasted a little over an hour. Great burn and draw and really helped top off a great dinner.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    dennisking:
    Duder2:
    the Maduro version is one of my favorite smokes. it's got a perfect balance
    This afternoon I got to try the Perdomo habano maduro. It was very nice, quite a bit less spicy than the corojo. It had good draw, great burn, nice balanced flavor, quite tasty when all was said and done. I don't know if it was one of my fav's, but it was good. I have another that will get some rest before I go back for more investigation. After an excellent dinner a buddy and I had a pre-dessert Diesel that was perfect for the occasion, tasty as always. It was a good day :^)
  • Options
    Just polished off a great day with a ccom corojo label. This I'd the first ccom blend I have had and it was perfect! Great draw, spicy, lots of flavor and smoke! I was getting some earthy undertones and maybe even a little bit of chocolate thrown in there. I am very very impressed with cigar.com!