Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Almost done with one of the Tatuaje House Blends from Puro's B&M, and wow, what a great smoke. I haven't had a Tatuaje product yet that I didn't like, and this one is no exception. The Miami line is my favorite overall line from Tat anyways, and this house blend falls right into that same profile. Excellent cigar, really makes me wish I had gotten in on that box split.

EDIT: Just finished that Tat, and I know the term "finger-burner" gets used alot, but I literally burned my fingers and lip a little on this one. Awesome cigar.
    Glad you enjoyed that one Tony! It is one of my favorites and I'm thinking about picking up a box sometime after Christmas. Starting in Jan. I'll actually have some time off work to relax and enjoy some smokes... I'll need something to help keep my humidor stocked. lol
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Getting cold here too..had a Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Imperial last nite...it was awesome. Nice easy draw,used a bullet punch on this one> Very nice taste and aroma. Very consistent throughout the entire 45 minute smoke. Padrons never lets me down. BTW, I had a couple of shots of Knob Creek with it...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had the OpusX on Friday. Didn't get to finish it but it was almost done. Took forever to smoke and did go out a few times. This thing has been aging for almost a year and a half and it has never been above 70% rH so I don't know why I had trouble with it going out. It was better with the age then without but it was still freaking strong. I couldn't finish it because I ran out of time Spent about 2 hours with it and had to get in my car and go and smoking in my car is a no-no/

I had a Forum Blend Maduro yesterday that I have had in my smoking humidor for about a month (the rest are still in the zip lock bags with the humipillow). It was definatly much better than the first one I had. Now, I am waiting for the Sumatra to settle down with the rH so I can give that one another go.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Had the OpusX on Friday. Didn't get to finish it but it was almost done. Took forever to smoke and did go out a few times. This thing has been aging for almost a year and a half and it has never been above 70% rH so I don't know why I had trouble with it going out. It was better with the age then without but it was still freaking strong. I couldn't finish it because I ran out of time Spent about 2 hours with it and had to get in my car and go and smoking in my car is a no-no/

I had a Forum Blend Maduro yesterday that I have had in my smoking humidor for about a month (the rest are still in the zip lock bags with the humipillow). It was definatly much better than the first one I had. Now, I am waiting for the Sumatra to settle down with the rH so I can give that one another go.
    Sounds like you need to pass on your opus's to me... I'm hear for ya! The maduro is really good, better than the sumatra for sure.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    The maduro is really good, but the sumatra is better for sure.
    Fixed that one for ya pheebs, don't want people to think you don't know what you're talking about. :)
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    About halfway through a RP Winter 09, very flavorful stick. I was told it was the same as the new Patel Brothers, and although there are some similarities, it is hardly the same cigar.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had a Graycliff 1666 presidente earlier today, my first. I had a great time with it. I thought it was flavorful and went well with the coffee I was drinking. I love cigars whose flavors change throughout and keep things interesting, especially when you've got a big churchill on your hands.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    After the Colts win today I stumbled out onto my back deck and THOUROUGHLY ENJOYED a AF Anejo # 46 fresh from my B&M. Very tasty with pepper and spice and that particular Anejo tobacco flavor, I love these things !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    After the Colts win today I stumbled out onto my back deck and THOUROUGHLY ENJOYED a AF Anejo # 46 fresh from my B&M. Very tasty with pepper and spice and that particular Anejo tobacco flavor, I love these things !!!
    Sorry im too lazy to look but is the 46 the churchill/corona gorda size? If so I had one last night, my first anejo ever. Bought it dec 06 from the b&m, I thought the first half of the cigar was truly awesome, then the flavor fell flat til about 1.5" left. I'm thinking about grabbing a fresh one from the b&m to compare.

Brought a buncha of Olivas to my family's thanksgiving dinner and I smoked my first Oliva V Maddie, thanks a ton j0z.

Rounding out my thanksgiving weekend smokes is a RP Decade and it is lovely.
    Peace, Nick
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Fixed that one for ya pheebs, don't want people to think you don't know what you're talking about. :)
    haha, are you crazy...? ...don't answer that... =)

After a hearty pork chop dinner I am enjoying a Opus X **** power ranger curtsy of ROB who has really hooked me up. I really love these cigars, very full bodied and very flavorful. and I believe this is pretty fresh too. Thanks wheelie for giving me the opus x thought!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    haha, are you crazy...? ...don't answer that... =)

Well, as i like to say: Opinions are like ****, too damn many of them to do anyone any good. Smile [:)] For the record though, call me crazy if you will, I think the sumatra is better than the maduro. I'm not a huge fan of maduro cigars, and even less a fan of the Brazilian maduro that was voted on, so there ya have it.

Had a couple today, both new to me, one good and one as disappointing as everything else I've had from the same maker. First up was a CAO Criollo toro, I was really hoping to like this one, thinking maybe it would defy logic and actually be a CAO cigar I liked....well, logic isn't always so easily defied and I was soundly disappointed at the lack of, well, anything I find appealing in a cigar...score another one for CAO, they've all been strikes in my book. Later was my first Cubao, finally, in the churchill variety. This one did appeal to my tastes, it had plenty of good flavor and embodied what, to me, a good cigar should be. Here's to many more Cubaos in my future.

Hope you enjoyed that V maduro Nick. If memory serves I sent one of each year, which did you smoke?
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    jeff_connors:
    TheShaun:
    Had a 5 vegas Miami robusto out on the balcony this afternoon. really like the 5 vegas line!
    how's the weather? Had a rp old world tonight,it getting down to the --degrees here at night so I built a little fire and it keep me warm. It's gonna be quite the battle though when the snow hits,I'll be lucky if I can suffer though the cold fir one stogie a week.
    Cold, rainy, grey, just typical Vancouver weather. Today was somewhat bearable, so I bundled up and had a nice smoke.
  • Options
    nickgonzo:
    gmill880:
    Sorry im too lazy to look but is the 46 the churchill/corona gorda size? If so I had one last night, my first anejo ever. Bought it dec 06 from the b&m, I thought the first half of the cigar was truly awesome, then the flavor fell flat til about 1.5" left. I'm thinking about grabbing a fresh one from the b&m to compare.

Brought a buncha of Olivas to my family's thanksgiving dinner and I smoked my first Oliva V Maddie, thanks a ton j0z.

Rounding out my thanksgiving weekend smokes is a RP Decade and it is lovely.
    Peace, Nick

Nick the #46 is the 5.6 X 46 ...a great smoke today ...
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    had one of my Fuente Anejo's tonight. tried the 77. truly an awesome smoke. this is one of my favorites for sure.started with some spice, mellowed in the second third, and picked up some sweetness in the final third. i may go back to the b&m and pick up 6 or so more of these in different sizes. I get them for $10 to $12 so it's worth it.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    had one of my Fuente Anejo's tonight. tried the 77. truly an awesome smoke. this is one of my favorites for sure.started with some spice, mellowed in the second third, and picked up some sweetness in the final third. i may go back to the b&m and pick up 6 or so more of these in different sizes. I get them for $10 to $12 so it's worth it.

The 55 and 50 are both excellent although they are all good. The 77 is my fav though ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

The 55 and 50 are both excellent although they are all good. The 77 is my fav though ...
    Gene, do you have a Fuente Añejo billboard in your yard? I can just picture you having a mancave decked out in the right colors with various posters sporting the different sizes of the blend. Smile [:)]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

Gene, do you have a Fuente Añejo billboard in your yard? I can just picture you having a mancave decked out in the right colors with various posters sporting the different sizes of the blend. Smile [:)]

Hey thats a good idea . I'll need a lotta money to do it right ...hmmmm...maybe I'll become a rapper . What do ya think would be a good rapper name for me Joe ...how 'bout G-Diddy or Biggie G !!! LMAO !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

Hey thats a good idea . I'll need a lotta money to do it right ...hmmmm...maybe I'll become a rapper . What do ya think would be a good rapper name for me Joe ...how 'bout G-Diddy or Biggie G !!! LMAO !!!
    I'd go old-skool....G-Money sounds about right. haha
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

Ha ! I already answer to that anyway since thats what my wife and son thinks my name is !!!
  • Options
    dennisking:
    damn dude, my local shop limited people to 2 of each size and ran out before I could get any. wish your shop was closer to me, I live in portland...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

Ha ! I already answer to that anyway since thats what my wife and son thinks my name is !!!
    Beautiful!!!

And so I won't derail this thread....I finished out my day with the new La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, in the toro variety. Now that was a tasty cigar, really utilized that wrapper well, where I feel the Diesel fell a bit short of my expectations. Not as strong as I was expecting from the name, but a solid medium-full and very, very tasty. The draw was dead perfect, the burn line wavered exactly once and was so straight it would get laughed out of San Fransisco before it even got there. This one has my seal of approval, as if that means anything. :)
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

yeah wives are good for that..
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    dennisking:
    damn dude, my local shop limited people to 2 of each size and ran out before I could get any. wish your shop was closer to me, I live in portland...
    AVVA cigars in Salem at the Lancaster Mall right off of I5. he's got 4 boxes, 77 50 and 2 others. he'd sell me a box if i wanted, he just wants happy customers and there aren't enough people in salem that know what an Anejo is
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

But to be a rapper, you gotta get a posse. Make sure you pronounce that right! And you can call the guys in you POSSE, the G-Funk Allstars!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    dennisking:

But to be a rapper, you gotta get a posse. Make sure you pronounce that right! And you can call the guys in you POSSE, the G-Funk Allstars!
    Shoot, I'd buy that cd just for the name. :D
  • Options
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    dennisking:
    AVVA cigars in Salem at the Lancaster Mall right off of I5. he's got 4 boxes, 77 50 and 2 others. he'd sell me a box if i wanted, he just wants happy customers and there aren't enough people in salem that know what an Anejo is
    That might just be worth the drive down, eh Pheebs?
  • Options
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    dennisking:
    box split? PM sent
  • Options
    Hey j0e, smoked this years V maddie. Saving the other one for a while. I did enjoy it, trying to give some attention to more maddie cigars, and I'm glad I have been, even though most maddies do no suit my taste profile.

Smoking a La Aurora Escogidos right now. I bought these on daily deal elsewhere and so far a little underwhelmed. The description was a little misleading, oh well. Only an inch in, lets see what happens.
    Peace, Nick
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    After lunch today had a Cusano 18 paired maduro robusto. Fantastic. I keep going back to maduro's.
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Fired up a Sherpa thats been resting in the humi now for a couple of months and watching MNF... Pats against the Saints.... gonna see if Brees has what it takes to play with the big boys!