Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    just finished an Ashton VSG Wizard...found another one I am gonna like!!! Good cigar definitely full bodied, hints of leather and spice with a little bit of cedar> Lots of rich smoke, ash held for about two full inches...a good cigar.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I have been neglecting the Man-Cave lately....

Tonight is no exception... I need a cigar right now, but beer and work get in the way!!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Had a Hemmingway Short Story tonight. Always one of my favs and as usual didn't disapoint.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Just got done with a Camacho SLR maduro. It was mighty tasty with a great burn and perfect draw. This is my second Camacho and I'm liking them so far.
  • Options
    hey banana. what was the duration of that smoke? I have five of them resting>>> wanting to try one soon!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I just lit up a Fuente Hemingway Best Seller. I've never had it in this vitola before, but so far, so good.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Hey Hawk. Usualy takes me about 25-30 minutes to finish one.
  • Options
    thanx banana..they are quite small...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Got sent home early from work... so I'm doing some "career evaluation" to the tune of a Padilla Habano Torpedo and a glass of Jim Beam Black.
    (sidenote: F**K cooperate america... *raises middle finger*)
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    haha stephen. nice. I join you with your 'salute' to corporate America. I have a horrible case of the Friday afternoon 'screwitall-itis' and will spend the rest of the day trying to decide whether I'll have a 5 Vegas Miami petit corona (for a quick smoke if I stay home and have to smoke outside) or a Padron 4000 (if I go to the cigar bar and have time to enjoy a nice long smoke).
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915

im new to this site and have talked to a freind of mine that suggested it. Looking forward to Learning More, I've been a casual Smoker for many years, Ive alwasy just gone into the cigar store , asked a couple questions and bought what felt right, most the time i enjoyed what I bought but I have got some Crap at times, Inhave a friend in Puerto Rico that sends me some really nice hand rolled smokes, have no name just sends them wrapped in a Newspaper and a Bagggy with a damp Paper towel in it. AWESOME..... But tonigh I think Ill have an H UPMANN 1844 RESERVE MADURO a Good SMOKE. Any Advice for a NEWBIE?

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915

Smokin a HUPMANN 1844 Reserve Maduro Tonight ! Love it!

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

A lazy Friday afternoon spent watching the snow fall. The cigar? Would you believe a JR 'Alternative' to the H. Upman? The burn and ash are better...yes, I said better than most name brand cigars I have ever smoked. It is one of my 'go to' cigars. Great around the campfire or anytime you want a reliable smoke that you never have to "touch up".

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    just got my 5Vegas 5pack dotd in the mail. i will smoke one of those tonight. i'm curious to see what all the fuss is about, i've never had any pepin blended products.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just got back from the bar. Had a Partagas Aristocrat to start. I used to love this cigar but it did nothing for me. Then moved to a Sol Cubano Sumatra. This one had a tight draw and kept going out. My guess is that it was too moist. We'll see what some age does to this one. I have a few more left.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    rwheelwright:
    Then moved to a Sol Cubano Sumatra. This one had a tight draw and kept going out. My guess is that it was too moist. We'll see what some age does to this one. I have a few more left.
    Maddy sent me one of these a while back, a churchill. I remember smoking it and enjoying it immensely for the consistent great flavor. I hope they get better for you

I'm finishing up a 601 Green Tronco (5x52). Great full bodied cigar from Don Pepin and EO. I really should reach for these more often.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    rwheelwright:
    Then moved to a Sol Cubano Sumatra. This one had a tight draw and kept going out. My guess is that it was too moist. We'll see what some age does to this one. I have a few more left.
    Maddy sent me one of these a while back, a churchill. I remember smoking it and enjoying it immensely for the consistent great flavor. I hope they get better for you

I'm finishing up a 601 Green Tronco (5x52). Great full bodied cigar from Don Pepin and EO. I really should reach for these more often.
    I agree, the 601 green is a great smoke, super flavorful.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I had a Nub Connecticut with a sinle malt while I was BBq'ing in the cold wether. It made my day and definately want to try the other Nub wrappers.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Having a Cain Habano right now, very good smoke.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had an awesome day today. Started out with a Mi Barrio monster churchill, loved every inch, tons of leather, spice and a little earth. Later had the house to myself so fired up a Padilla Habano torpedo. This was pretty good, great construction and burn.

Girlfriend wasnt home yet so decided to go with a Pepin CI lengends, this was the 4th one Ive had. I swear they put the wrong wrapper on it. It was very dark instead of the light plain brown they usually have. It tasted very rich and actually good unlike the other 3 Ive had. The strangest thing.......no pepper. Not even it the 1st few puffs. Its only been in my humi for a month or so, so I know it couldnt have mellowed that much. These usually start with a blast of pepper.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    kuzi16:
    Hugemoose:
    The Brickhouse was pretty good. For the price it is a great stick! The ash was pretty weak and woudln't hold for very long, but the flavors were very nutty and it picked up a little spice at the end. Very, very tasty.
    I think the churchill size got a 91 in CA... if im not mistaken
    Very cool. I really was quite surprised by this cigar. It didn't look like much, and it smelled.....well, OK. But upon first lit, I was excited. It smelled great!

Tonight, altough late, I am going out to the garage to try a Gurkha Centurian. We'll so how it goes......
  • Options
    up late wanted to go with a God of Fire, but decided to try a Oloveros LTD. Not bad sum spice and leather aroma and taste that did not come into play until about halfway thru. An ok smoke character did not start until about halway. Should have gone with the GOF...maybe tomorrow> At the moment considering a Hemingway Short story before turningn in. Anyone try the Oliveros LTD?
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I am toward the end of my 4th Diesel and had a similar experience as jsnake described on the diesel review page. The first half inch or so wasn't so good, but after that developed into the great stick I have come to know and love. The last third of these is really good, a nubber every time :^)
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    dennisking:
    i've never had any pepin blended products.
    You poor soul! Well, I think you'll be pleased. In a way I envy you, remembering the first time. I've never been disappointed with DPG blends.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    alienmisprint:
    Yea, that has become one of my current favs. Not a fan of the Maddy tho.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    I am toward the end of my 4th Diesel and had a similar experience as jsnake described on the diesel review page. The first half inch or so wasn't so good, but after that developed into the great stick I have come to know and love. The last third of these is really good, a nubber every time :^)
    Like you said I loved it after that 1st inch. Thought it developed into a wonderful smoke and wanted to nub it tilmy fingers burned. That initial inch on my first and only so far was just harsh. Letting the other rest and looking forward to it.

So I went to an Oliva event and my B&M two nights ago. Won a free hat! I have never smoked an Oliva though I have had them in my humidor for months. I smoked the Olive Serie O that night and thought it was a good mild cigar. Last night I smoked the Oliva Serie G and thought it was a good medium cigar. I am going to smoke the oliva Serie V next followed by the V maduro. My B&M has 3 boxes of the elusive maduro left but they are $10.85 each I believe. So far the 2 I have tried haven't amazed me but the were good. Hoping the Serie V has some more kick to it.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    alienmisprint:
    Yea, that has become one of my current favs. Not a fan of the Maddy tho.
    me neither, the Maduro made me throw up, literally. I liked it but the outcome at the ind wasn't so good.
    i smoked my first 5Vegas Miami last night. i liked it but the draw was way too loose for me. maybe they were a little dry from shipping, even though they came in 2 days. i will let them rest and retry in a month or so
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I wimped out on the Centruain.....I was too tired. Maybe tonight I will give it a shot.
  • Options
    Drew Estates ACID Liquid.  Very mellow & not sweet at all.  Good smoke, but I like the Kuba Kuba better.
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    up late wanted to go with a God of Fire, but decided to try a Oloveros LTD. Not bad sum spice and leather aroma and taste that did not come into play until about halfway thru. An ok smoke character did not start until about halway. Should have gone with the GOF...maybe tomorrow> At the moment considering a Hemingway Short story before turningn in. Anyone try the Oliveros LTD?
    ///I'm actually a fan of the Oliveros XL Bold...FULL flavored for sure and not for beginners but a nice robust and pretty cheap cigar. My full flavored go to for sure.