Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Had to take a break from writing my self review, so I broke out a Partagas Cifuentes Novembre 2004 with a little Macallan 12. Not a bad smoke to go along with a good drink....it sure was a lot better than dealing with the review (at least right now).
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Had another A. Fuente Hemingway Short Story. Man I love this cigar. Top 5.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125

Had an Oliva Serie V Torpedo this past weekend.  It was so good I will be having another one this evening as I get ready for the start of the NHL playoffs. 

Damn! Can't wait!

Alright another hockey fan. No cigar for me tonight, but glad its playoff time. Who are you pulling for? Since my hometown team the Thrashers didn't make it, I'm pulling for my second favorite team which is the Detroit Red Wings.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    tonight I went to my pastors house and smoked aroma de cuba paired with byfrost ale after an awsome steak dinner with a mutual freind and the pastors husband (yes thats right, the pastor is a woman). it was a little too cold to be comfortable, but good company can overshadow such annoyances. steak was perfect, beer was great, cigars were exceptional as always. it was a good night for sure.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    carmike22:
    Alright another hockey fan. No cigar for me tonight, but glad its playoff time. Who are you pulling for? Since my hometown team the Thrashers didn't make it, I'm pulling for my second favorite team which is the Detroit Red Wings.
    I too am a hockey fan and glad to see that the playoffs started. Especially since they started with a win for my team. The Colorado Avalanche. Even though I don't get to watch too many games here in Iraq, I will celebrate tonight though. I think with a Graycliffe Professionale Presidente. Haven't tried one of those yet.
    Was going to go to the gym last night but just couldn't do it. Fired up a Playboy robusto instead. It was pleasant, not complex at all, medium bodied, woody flavor.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125

Grew up in upstate New York but now live in DC so I am pulling for the Caps.  Should be fun.

Oh...and that Oliva was better than the first.  Probably because the weather was perfect and the Masters and Playoffs were starting, but it was excellent.

• pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Gurka Beast! Yum!
  • pilot711:
    Gurka Beast! Yum!
    Hear Hear!!

Yesterday I had a Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warrior
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    Go Wings! Went to the game last night. Joe Louis is great to watch a game at. Unbelievable. Had a Graycliff Blue Label PG beforehand... what a smoke. Smooth and tasty! AND, my Irish beat Michigan in the Frozen Four last night. What a night of hockey (in my opinion!)!!
    I'm jealous, even if it was the Wings (and I can't believe I'm saying this as an Aves fan) but I think the Wings are probably gonna take the cup this year. I haven't really seen anyone that can compete against them. Now I'm even more jealous of Heath and pilot. Gurkhas mmmmmmmmm. I haven't found one that I didn't like yet. I need to buy some more for my humi. All I have is one centurian left and it is aging for now.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this afternoon i lit up a gurkha regent.

this is the first time a gurkha has ever let me down. I couldnt get a decent draw off of this sucker to save my life.

I poked and prodded and i could not clear the blockage. about an inch in i had to let it go. it was sad.

However, i ran to my humi and got myself a Camacho 1962. I got them about a week after they were first put on sale. the rest has done them well. Im going to let them sit a bit longer. THe flavor was good but it seemed to butn a tiny bit on the hot side. (my own fault im sure)

Maybe next week ill try and make up with gurkha... right now im still a bit mad at them. im sure it wont last though.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    CAO Gold. ^ I just purchased the cigar.com sampler. I can't wait to try them out.
    Normally I won't smoke a cigar unless it's been resting for at least 30 days. However, I couldn't do it today. I went to my B & M this morning, they just received the Camacho 10th Anniversary Corojo. All I can say is I need to make some room in my humis for more of these.
    No smoke for me tonight. Just watching the Washington vs. Philadelphia game. (Go Caps!) But did get to smoke one last night. Had my first out of the cigar.com robusto sampler. The Cuban. Pretty good cigar. Nice flavors. Was very impressed especially for a few bucks. Will buy some more of these in the future.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If things go right tonight, I'll be sampling the newest addition to my collection: J.L. Salazar y Hermanos Reserva Especial in the Toro, 6x52, size. I've yet to try one, but I have read some very positive reviews of this Nicaraguan made cigar. Well, I'll edit this post later to reflect my thoughts on the smoke.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406

Just joined - how do I post to this thread?

• CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    sdip:

Just joined - how do I post to this thread?

Magic!
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Smoked a Don Lino African this afternoon. Pretty good cigar. Just finished a 5 Vegas Gold. Really enjoyed it. My second one and it is delicious!
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Last night I smoked my first Edge and I can safely say that it will not be my last.
    Had a Royal Silk Gold while grilling dinner and a La Flor Dominicana Chisilito afterwards with some Tawny Port.
    Had me a couple of cigars tonight. First I had a CAO Italia Caio. Awesome cigar will never let me down. Then my best friend, my wife, and I made some margaritas and I ended up having a La Aurora Cameroon robusto. The sweetness of the Cameroon wrapper went well with the margarita. By the way, if there are any tequlia fans out there, I just bought my first bottle of Cabo Wabo and was awesome. Better than Patron in my opion and about 10 dollars less. Hope everyone has a goodnight.
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

Well I finally got my "Big" shipment in (34 Cigars) and I am going to try the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet tonight. I may try more or I may not. I am not sure yet. I will post my review in the review threads tomorrow! So Excited!!

-Matt

Still waiting on my order that I placed. It is probably in Taji already. I'm just waiting for it to get here to War Eagle. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow's mail shipment since we only get mail every 4 days until I get back to Taji. On another note, I have a La Aurora Cameroon in my humi right now. I might have to try it tonight while I wait, or should I smoke the CAO Black? Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45

Im enjoying a Gurkha regent right now! Nothing better to celebrate the end of a hard day. TASTES LIKE VICTORY!

• matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54
    I am going to smoke up a Gurhka Legend tonight. Can't wait. -Matt
    If my package finally makes it here tonight, I'm gonna try a CCOM Brazilian label. Then If I have time, maybe a La Aurora Cameroon.
    If the package doesn't come, then I might try something different. Hmmm, maybe my Montecristo Media Noche
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well, I tested a bargain smoke I picked up recently and confirmed for myself that sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you just get what you paid for.

The brand is Vegas de Tabacalera Esteli. The appearance of the cigar is decent, a dark brown coloring with a few pronounced veins and the cionstruction "seems" to be pretty decent, that is until I lit it and cut the cap only to have a section of the wrapper leaf unravel and fall to the ground. From that point it was nothing but problematic, uneven burn which led to a canoe forming within 3/4 of an inch, and even after correcting it the sucker still burned faster down one side. The draw was pretty loose for the first half inch, then it began to firm up a bit, and as it firmed up the cigar began to burn warmer and the smoke started to get a bit harsh even with an average of 90 seconds between puffs. The flavor was mild - medium as was the body, and it was fairly straight forward with little change in flavor until I chucked it.

Well, I suppose this will be a good one to keep on hand for my friend who likes to smoke cigars as if they were cigarettes and would not know a good cigar if it bought him a steak dinner and dessert afterwards. As for me, I think I won't be having another.
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    MAXX THE FREAK. A 6 x 60 beast. Im definitely smoking my problems away with this baby.... at least for today...