Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Wanted to kick back a bit, fired up a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve Corojo, had to touch up the burn a couple times but wasn't to bad, especially about half way.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Just started my weekend and lit up a H Upmann Cuban robusto, one of a few authentic cubans left in my humidor. Real treat, great cigar
  • Options
    LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    CAO America. Well constructed smoke, enjoyed every minute of it.
  • Options
    Did a Black Pearl toro. strong but not overpowering
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I found out there was a cigar shop just a few blocks away from me a couple days ago... somehow I've never noticed it before. Anyway, I poked through the humidor and went home with a CAO cx2, CAO anniversary cemeroon and a Cusano 1997 Corojo. I sampled the CX2 and was quite pleased with it for some time, the robusto lasted me a good 75 minutes with a glass of Jim Beam and really helped me unwind after the week.
  • Options
    Driving home last night I thought about what I wanted, finally decided I needed to get my butt kicked. Well for some reason changed my mind and went with a CI Legends Series Black Label made by La Aurora, not bad, just didn't do anything for me. Put it down about halfway and sparked an Oliva Series "O" Bold red label....much, much better.
  • Options
    Busy cigar today for me! Smoked a Puros Indios this am. Pretty good cigar for the $.  Had a Cusano Corojo 97 while I coached my daughter's soccer game.  Great cigar - bad example. Had a H Upmann Vintage Cameroon - tight draw and a little disappointing. Finished the night with a Gurkha Symphony Churchhill. Very tasty, but Churchhill was too much after all I smoked today.
  • Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Had a Nub Habano 460 tonight. Real strong on the opening with lots of spices, but then mellowed out nicley. Nice leather, nuts, and spices. Full bodied smoke. Think I got a bad apple on this one though cause the burn was pretty bad. I had the Cameroon a few weeks ago and it was perfect. So will definently try this one again.
  • Options
    Went to a wedding yesterday, couldn't smoke during the reception so when I got home fired up a 64th anni Padron Principe Maduro, what a great smoke.
    Tonight while grilling had a "5" Vegas - Series "A" Archetype, a nice cigar for the occasion.
  • Options
    Had a CAO Gold robusto tonight. Was in downtown Manhattan and got done with a meeting early and found a great cigar store. Pretty good cigar, little light but will probably try one again. Prefer the 5 Vegas Gold to this one though.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Today a Cusano 18 Conneticut. I was sitting on the banks of the Salmon River in Idaho on my lunch break (Corn Creek Launch, for any of you rafting types ;) ). Sunshine, mountains, and a cigar. My first one too, have been wanting to try one of these since my shipment arrived, so let it rest about a month. What a great cigar. Mellower than I usually smoke, but that sweet spot was fabulous. Good thing I have a few left. I almost wish I would have got a maduro as well, just to compare.
  • Options
    Smoked a Gran Habano Corojo #5 on the way home from the airport. Decent cigar, good not great. Might give another a try.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    That is pretty weird, I also had a Gran Habano Corojo #5 robusto last night. I thought that it was good for the price I paid, not a classic but could be a very good every day smoke.
  • Options
    handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    quick update.... 3 days ago was a Gurkha Legend Perfecto....amazing smoke I wish I could smoke one every night with a steak. 2 days ago was a La Gloria Cubano Maduro....a very interesting smoke with alot of flavors...but a little weak for my taste. Last night was Joyo De Nicuragua...one of my all time full-bodied cigars...would recommend this cigar to anyone.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    vankleekkw:
    That is pretty weird, I also had a Gran Habano Corojo #5 robusto last night. I thought that it was good for the price I paid, not a classic but could be a very good every day smoke.

Check out this weeks (4/25) Friday deal. Based on your experience do you recommend?
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    My friend actually picked that up from another vendor a couple weeks back and I got one of each of them from him. Can't speak for the other three, but the corojo was definately worth that price.
  • Options
    I smoked a RP Sungrown toro. Has to be one of my favorite cigars. Any suggestions on something similar I would enjoy?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    last night i had a Don Rafiel. FOr the price, it wasnt bad. A bit too mild. it was a very basic cigar. But my brother is in town and i found out that he is now into pipes. Im not sure what blend it was the we smoked but it was wonderful.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    psssst. Hey you. I'm ready to be lit.

You hear that? That's my 1-year old hand me down Romeo y Julieta. It's time : D
  • Options
    Outside smoking a Cigar.com Red Label. So far so good. Beautiful night tonight and Rangers lost so I can't complain.
  • Options
    Not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but was not impressed at all with the Cigar.com Red Label. Might have gotten the bad apple who knows. Definitely liked the Cuban Label a lot more. But I can't complain too much for 2 dollars and some change a stick. So had to put that out and go grab a La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados.
  • Options
    La Flor Dominicana Mysterio......wow!!!
  • Options
    Did a A. Fuentes Gran Reserva Churchhill last night . Very good medium body with nice flavor. Only negative was a draw that was a little tight.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Relaxed with a Gurka Beast last night. Great smoke!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Tonight it was a Pryme by Alec Bradley.

All I have to say is WOW! What a stick this was. I am going to try my hand at a review and post it. I definitely recommend this and will buy more. It is in my top 3 as of tonight.
  • Options
    Saturday was a 3 cigar day for me. Started out with a Nestor Maduro torpedo. Pretty good cigar - almost looked like a stick of chocolate. At $2 bucks/stick it was a great deal. Had a Sancho Panza Pampalona later that was pretty good, but nothing out of the ordinary or to make it a regular choice. Finished up with a A Fuentes Curlyhead. Not bad at all, especially for the price! Yesterday was quantity over quality. Today I will reward myself and go for one of my few legit cubans left - a Monte Christo Edmundo, but only if I win my match this am.
  • Options
    Yesterday was a pretty smokin' day. Had a JR Ultimate in the morning, just so-so, as a matter of fact, I have some in the humi if anyone is interested. At the pool had a Rocky Patel Vintage '92 Petite, very tasty. While doing some grilling I finally tried a Nub Habano, very nice will probably make some room for some. Then after dinner a few cocktails and a Maxx Nano, very nice and a 5 Vegas Miami, again very nice. I think I'm smoked out.
  • Options
    6clicks6clicks Posts: 34
    That's a tasty day, Ashmaster! Today I did my crossword puzzle on the screened porch with an A Fuente Gran Reserva Churchill. It was simply a real nice smoke that lasted just under two hours, and that's with me barely ever putting it in the ash tray. Beautifully constructed, even burn and nice flavor. A great way to spend a couple of liesure hours for sure.
  • Options
    Today was a great cigar day for me. Started out w a 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. Love the cigar, one of my favorites. Then I had a cuban Hoyo de Monterrey. Not sure which one, but it was about a 50 ring and approximately 4 1/2 inches. Got this at the duty free in Paris and will definitely get more when I go back. Phenomenal taste. Finished the night with a RP Vintage 1990 torpedo. 3 for 3 today.
  • Options
    Had one the other night - great smoke.