Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    I have, think its an excellent cigar
  • Options
    last night I tried a Hoya de Monterrey dark Sumatra. It was ok, but not great. Nothing like the Cuban HDM.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Cusano 18 Double Conn. Once it got going I really enjoyed it. A bit of a slow start in my opinion but very consistant in burn taste and draw. Took it all the way down to the very end. A sure sign of a good smoke burn your lips. I did.
  • Options
    LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    Kaspera, Where in Illinois? I live the STL Metor area!
  • Options
    LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    I love the 5 Vegas Miami esp when you consider the cost! I also like the La Cuna Bin 85 when on sale it's a great deal!
  • Options
    Larry, suburb of Chicago. work in a place called Oak Park.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Last night I tried a Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo and must say I was rather disappointed. The burn was good, draw was kind of tight and there wasn't a ton of smoke and that's ok. The flavor profile just didn't do anything for me. Oh well, can't win them all.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I usually go for the stronger flavor profiles but have really enjoyed a couple of lighter smokes lately. The other day I had a Cusano 18 Double Conn and really enjoyed it. Last night I had a 5 Vegas Gold and also enjoyed that one. Huh, who would have known?:> Two pretty good smokes for the price.
  • Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Hopefully I will have a victory cigar if the Red Wings take the series here to go to the Stanley Cup Finals. Go Red Wings! So I will get back later on that.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Another Stinkin Red Wings fan. What is this world coming to?

Actually I do have to hand it to them though. They have been on fire this year.

Now for my cigars. Last night it was an Oliva Series O. Very good but the draw got extremely hard for the last third. Tonight it was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. It also had good flavor but had some burn issues with it and couldn't get as much smoke as I would have liked.
  • Options
    I am looking in my humidor let's see eeinee meenie minee, AVO Domain #30 looks like we have a winner. Very much like the Davidoff from the same rollers but less expensive. Smooth and sort of creamy, with a nice construction and burn.
  • Options
    Tonight I think I will give Graycliff Double Espresso a try.
  • Options

Couple of days here.

Yesterday I had a Cuesta Rey Centrofino on the golf course and last night I tried the Cusano Cameroon from the sneak preview package. It was a great smoke.

Today I did a Gran Habano 3 Siglos Fumas which is a decent "everyday" smoke and tonight I did a Monte Christo # 3. Decent mild smoke.

• Options
    Cuvee Blanc this morning with a good cup of coffee.
  • Options
    Haven't had a cigar in a week since I have been having sinus problems. Outside having a Montecristo White label. A little mild for my normal smokes, but nice cigar to ease back into smoking again.
  • Options

Just finished a RP Sungrown toro. Great cigar, probably my favorite. Earlier today I had a Oliva O robusto. Good cigar!

• Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Yesterday was one of those rare two cigar days. In the mornign while watching the kids play in the yard and reading the Sunday paper I had a Por Larranaga Panatela. It might be the perfect morning smoke. Easy flavors and the burn is great. A nice quick little cigar to have with your coffee. In the evening I had a Sanco Panza Belicosa. Even though it was young; it was really good. Very full of flavor yet smooth on the finish. Complex and chnaging throughout. A great cigar.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm debating between the Oliva O and the RP Olde World. hmmm choices
  • Options
    Tonight it was the Nub Connecticut 464. I enjoyed this one but don't think I would make it a regular I will try each of these and may find the gem of the bunch ( at least to me ) but I found I smoked this one differently than all my other favorites. Try it and decide for yourself.
  • Options
    Yesterday I was able to try 2 new cigars. The first was the new Alec Bradley Tempus robusto. This one was yummy and got nubbed. The second was the ccom brazilian, not bad, just wasn't impressed.
  • Options
    Today I did a Don Lino, which was very tasty. Better than I remember. Tonight I did a an Old World Reserve corojo. This was good, but not as exceptional as the first one of these I smoked.
  • Options
    i didn't like the feel of the Oliva, wanted to let it rest a little longer and the RP Olde World just begs to be saved for a time when I can thoroughly enjoy it. Last night it was threatening to rain so I went to a trusty inexpensive cigar that I knew I'd enjoy but wouldn't be said if the rain forced me to toss it early... CAO Brazilia
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    last night with a few friends and a fire i had a gurkha regent. always one of my favorites.
  • Options
    Today/tonight was Carlos Torano Sgnature. A very nice everyday cigar. I found this one by accident actually when I purchased a sampler pack. Pick up samplers and find pleasant surprises !
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Last night it was a Padilla 1948 for me that I got from matt.hickey. It was a good cigar. Definitely one I would smoke again. This wasn't necessarily one that I would've bought myself though. That's why trades and gifts and contests are so nice. I try things that I might not have otherwise.
  • Options
    Today it is CAO CX2 VERY NICE, I have tried almost every thing by them ( except the Soprano stuff) and this may be one of my favorite CAO. I better try them all again just to be sure !
  • Options
    jbutzow393jbutzow393 Posts: 1
    Diamond Crown Maximus No. 10 Double Bellicose-Flown across state lines from exotic Orlando's Corona Cigar to Chicago in my checked luggage and Otterbox and into my mouth tonight! A new favorite recently taking the place of my Padron 4000 and 1964's.
  • Options
    Took a couple extra days off for an extended weekend, so relaxed out back with an RP Double Maduro Torp. Purchased this about 7 weeks ago, on recommendations from some BOTLs here, it's not a Triple "M", but it was a very pleasant smoke (nubbed that puppy). The downside was the construction, it was rather soft to touch which lead to a loose draw. I am glad I have another one resting, thanks j0z3r.
  • Options
    Kaspera I too enjoyed a CX2 last night. I've smoked everything I have seen by CAO now including the Soprano(very nice by the way). My smoke last night once again confirmed I like what CAO does flavor wise but there burn is always terrible. I have to constantly relight to keep it burning even. Anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    I usually don't have a problem with CAO cigars. Of course you always have your once in a while bad apple, but in general no.