Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Tonight was a La Aurora 1495 Series, 1994 Cameroon. This was a pretty good cigar. Excellent burn. First ash fell at about 3/4". Medium body with a decent draw and good flavor. I suggest that everyone try one.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today, Rocky Patel Sungrown. I am really beginning to grow fond of the Ecuadorian wrappers on cigars. I find myself buying more and searching for this wrapper lately. Spicy and Full bodied for sure.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera I LOVE the sungrown. I have quite a few resting in the humi. Did you see my question about the CAO's? Anyways I had a RP Corojo missle at lunch today, it was a great lunch :) and the ccom cuban label tonight was dissappointing, full review of the ccom cuban is in the reviews section.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Tonight I smoked a CAO Gold robusto. Good mild cigar.
  • Options
    Madura fan, I had the Rocky Patel Cuban tonight and for the first time in a long time quit less than half way through. I don't know why but it was a big disappointment and as I heard here before, when you stop enjoying a cigar that is the time to stop smoking it.
  • Options
    Madurofan I don't really ever have a problem with cigars going out on me because most of the time I keep the cigar in my mouth and almost constantly take slight draws on them. I almost never put them down, and keep rotating them in my mouth too. That does make them heat up sometimes and shorten the overall smoke time, but I still enjoy almost every cigar completely.
  • Options
    Went w another CAO tonight. This time the Italia. Another excellent smoke from CAO
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sdip:
    Went w another CAO tonight. This time the Italia. Another excellent smoke from CAO
    I have a big spot in my heart for the italia. I like it much more than the brazilia. ... the britalia...iduno ...never had it.
  • Options
    I decided to play a little poker on Full Tilt and have a Padron 1964....one of my top favorites! How is everyone tonigtht?
  • Options
    Actually just bought a Brazilia. Never tried one and have it sitting in my humidor. We'll see, but I agree the Italia will be tough to top.
  • Options
    Anyone ever hear about a cigar called Oneoff ? The band has a peace sign on it One was offered to me so of course I had to try it, expecting it to be a novelty but it turned out to be pretty decent. It was medium in strength and had a bit of a peppery taste to it. Nice burn and a taste I could not identify something like cinnamon toast. It ended sooner than I would have liked but not bad for a handout.
  • Options

How disappointing is this! Had a Cuban Monte Christo #2 sitting since January and decided to light it up tonight. Didn't taste good at all and burned poorly. Last one, oh well.

• Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Had me a Padron 2000 while at the car show today. Awesome smoke as always with Padrons.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    kaspera79:
    Anyone ever hear about a cigar called Oneoff ?
    For some reason the name does ring a bell, but thats about it. Sounds like it was a pretty decent smoke.

Was able to enjoy a few yesterday. The morning started with a Hoyo de Monterrey Tradicion with coffee, not bad. The afternoon consisted of a Torano Signature, which was pretty decent. In the evening I made an attempt to do some grilling but thunderstorms got the better of me so fired up a 601 Habano (Red Label), enjoyed the "light" show and the cigar.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Tonight I'm having a gurkha centurian and a glass of glenlivet, you gotta try the combo its awesome to unwind to.
  • Options
    LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    An Pryme by alex bradley..fantastico
  • Options
    Today was a Perdomao Reserve Champagne Robusto ( one of my favorite sizes) This was a very mild cigar, at least by what I would expect from a Perdomo. There was a nice burn and aroma just not alot of kick to it and not very complex in taste.
  • Options
    Two great cigars today. This afternoon I had a Fuentes Short Story working around the garden.Certainly one of my favorites. Tonight I had a RP Decade for the first time. Super 90 minute smoke. Can't wait to have another.
  • Options
    Got to enjoy a couple yesterday. Had a Fumadore with coffee to get the day started, it was ok and while doing some grilling decided to try something new, fired up a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte - Barcelona, wow very tasty.
  • Options
    YES !! sancho panza has always been in my top 10 US legal brands of cigars. (never had the cuban one) the extra fuerte and the double maduro are wonderful. .. the natural isnt so bad either... a bit on the mild side for me though.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Tonight is a Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo and a glass of tea. First time to try this paticular cigar.

• Options
    Today , A Fuentes Double Chateau Natural. Nice to enjoy while working around the yard, about an hour twenty minutes if you don't rush it. This is one I can always count on.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Cuvee Rouge Dominican Puro. Pretty good.
  • Options
    punch gran puro. this has always been one of my go-to cigars. ... and its almost time to reorder.
  • Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Had a Fuente Fuente OpusX Prefection #5. Awesome little smoke. Kind of a pre-victory smoke to the Red Wings today. 2 shut-outs in a row. Showing the youngings how to play hockey huh. Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    tonight I smoked an el cobre by oliva with a good freind, accompanied by dragonstooth stout by eliesian brewry.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    YES !! sancho panza has always been in my top 10 US legal brands of cigars. (never had the cuban one) the extra fuerte and the double maduro are wonderful. .. the natural isnt so bad either... a bit on the mild side for me though.
    I have a double maduro waiting, if it's as good as the extra fuerte I'll be keeping a few around.

Well, it's Memorial Day, so while enjoying the weather had a La Carolina Torpito, nice little smoke, a mild cigar to start the day, then came an Illusione 68, very good smoke, finished the day with a Padron 1964 Anniversary - Exclusivo Maduro, an excellent smoke (IMO).
  • Options
    jihiggs:
    tonight I smoked an el cobre by oliva with a good freind, accompanied by dragonstooth stout by eliesian brewry.
    I have 2 el cobres left. I LOVED this cigar and they are getting harder and harder to find. I wish i would have got more of them when they were out.
  • Options

yesterday I did a couple of maduros. First I had a Nestor Reserve torpedo. For the price it was a very nice smoke - pretty tasty. Last night I had a R&J Viejo "E". 2nd one of these I had and as tasty as the first. Draw was a little tight though - which made me work harder than I wished.

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Last night I had a Matasa 30th Anniversary by Fonseca. It was a really good medium to full body cigar. Had excellent flavor even pre-light. Only complaints that I had were that the draw was too tight for my taste, and it was difficult to keep a good burn going because of that.

Tonight it was a CAO Black VR. This was a great cigar, the maduro version of the original CAO Black. Medium body, excellent burn, superb draw (not too tight, not too loose), and the flavor was good and consistent. A slight spice with some sweetness from the wrapper. This one is going in my top 5.