Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Yesterday afternoon I smoked a R&J Viejo - very nice!. Last night I wanted something mild and did a 5 Vegas Gold. Just what I was looking for. This morning I took a walk on the beach with a Cusano XLI and I just finished a RP Decade. Both smokes were fantastic. Only have a couple of days left here in paradise. Tonight I plan to smoke one of my favorites - a RP Sungrown.

• Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Tonight I had an old favorite H. Upman churchill while sitting out on the back porch. Weather is a little cool here tonight, was real relaxing.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Ive only been forced inside once when a lightning bolt struck about 30 feet in front of me in the middle of the street. scared the bajeeezus outa me. as soon as i collected myself my first thought was: "well, thats my signal to head in"
    I would recommend to anyone that partakes of this practice be sure to set any keys/lighters/cutters/etc... on the nearest table to minimize chances of a lightning-related injury. I make sure to do that, so I'm not too terribly worried. Although during the storm on Saturday lightning struck close enough to our house to kill our router and the ethernet adapter on one of the computers, so maybe it was better I went out for some drinks instead of sitting down with the cigar I'd planned on smoking, at least that day.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Sitting outside right now watching the rain with a Rocky Patel Sun Grown. Life is Good! :)
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Tonite I'm going to have a perdoma la tradicion reserve maduro (churchill) looks giant. I've heard some good stuff about this cigar hope it lives up to it.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Was able to give a couple of new smokes a try. The first was a JPG Casa Royale Aristocrat, nice medium bodied smoke, rather tasty, not bad but not great. I'm glad I have a few more to see how aging treats them. The second was an RP Edge Maduro Missle. Wow, this was a nice fuller bodied cigar with a flavor profile I enjoyed. Good dose of maduro, with some cocoa and coffee with a hint of spice and plenty of smoke.
  • Options
    Took a morning stroll with a Cu-Avana toro. Heard they were very mild, but it was actually pretty tasty. Later in the day I had an Oliva O robusto and finished the night with a Cuesta Rey Centro Fino sungrown toro. Both were excellent!
  • Options
    Pretty sure I've mentioned this one before, but never reviewed it. Tonight I smoked a Indian Tabac Nonpareil Toro (habano-seed wrapper) that I've had resting for several months. It was a shifting mix of spice, pepper, wood and leather, with a hint of creaminess throughout. Almost impeccably even burn, I only pulled out the lighter to correct it because I get all OCD about that. Very tasty, and at it's price point ($3.50, or $3.00 for the robusto size) I would recommend it to anyone to try at least once. Next time I sit down for a smoke, I'll have to try the Connecticut version for comparison.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today I had my first Cigar.com Brazilian Label..The wrapper alone was the reason I had to try this one..It delivered on its promise of a full flavored maduro punch..lots of aroma and body in this very affordable cigar. similar to Onyx or Partagas Black..
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Last night my last Oliva Serie O Robusto. It had over a year in the humi, but it was its time ;) Smoked it and had three shots of Brandy. What a great night :D
  • Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    CAO Gold lonsdale. Dont know why one of the guys got a box of lonsdales, but he only paid $46.... Not used to the size, but it had been resting/aging in his humi for a few months. Resting is something I would recomend with this stick in particular. Every time I have had one less than a couple months it smoked so-so.

This one was a beaut though. Lit well, burned perfect, smooth, and naturally sweet. Lots of mild nuances that made me really take my time with it. Primo!

Gonna go out later and smoke another Montecristo media noche I have.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Tonight I'll be having one of the R&J Reserva Reals that just arrived from Ccom. I'll also be setting up the Cigar Oasis to start seasoning my old humidor, which has gone neglected for many years.
  • Options

Finished vacation with a couple of great cigars. I did a morning beach walk with an Avo. First time and it was excellent. Saved the best for last and did an Ashton VSG robusto - what a fantastic cigar!

Back to reality!

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well, after resting in my humidor for about 4 months, I cracked out my Oliva Serio O perfecto this evening. I enjoyed this cigar quite a bit, not a great cigar, but definitely one I will smoke again. The weather was absolutely wonderful, and I can't think of a better way to spend 70 minutes than with a nice cigar and some peace and quiet.
  • Options
    Joe, this is not the first time we paired up on a smoke of the day I had the exact cigar today. I am kind of new to the Oliva line and found this a rather pleasant way to pass an hour ( i must smoke faster then you do ) nice burn aroma and taste. the perfect trifecta. Oh yeah it looked good too.
  • Options
    Odd coincidence, what with all the different cigars out there. I think I tend to smoke really slow when I've got one I enjoy, almost as though my mind is at peace and time stops for a while. I've only had a couple of Olivas myself, and I must say that I'm impressed so far. If you haven't tried the Serie G cameroon yet, I'd recommend that highly.
  • Options
    So many cigars only one mouth.. Today was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Again, This was a very pleasant cigar that I enjoyed more than the first time. This one had a little moreaging time on it. I hope the trend continues because I have several more resting comfortably waiting for the right occasion. Never tried the G but I suppose I must try one now>
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    So many cigars only one mouth.
    Ha!
  • Options

Last night I lit up a Puros Indios Reserva Maxima robusto. This is really a decent "every day" smoke. I like it a great deal. Tonight I tried a Camacho 1962 torpedo. Certainly stronger than I usually smoke, but pretty good. Unfortunately, it went out twice on me and I gave up on it. Went back to the humidor and picked out something I knew would come through - a Hemingway Masterpiece. Great smoke!

• Options
    sdip:
    Went back to the humidor and picked out something I knew would come through - a Hemingway Masterpiece. Great smoke!
    Dude, when you go for something that won't disappoint, you don't kid around.

I ended up having nothing last night, but tonight I think I'm going to try something from the 601 sampler I got with my first order.
  • Options
    Tonight I went to one of my overflow gladware containers for a stick I received from pilot711 in the PIF game. The cigar in question was a 5 Vegas Limitada 2007, which Charles informed me had better than a year of aging on it. I really enjoyed this cigar, it was a very smooth smoke with good flavors from start to finish. The only complaint I have is that I've got my overflow containers at too high an RH, so the cigar did not burn as evenly as I'd have liked.

And, as a bonus I suppose, I found out something new. Apparently my lighter is a natural flame type and a torch. I did not know this when I purchased it, and only found out as I was fumbling with it in the dark and held it backwards and viola!, a torch. Not bad for a friday evening, not bad at all.

Joe
  • Options
    Instead of the 601, I had one of the Ccom purple robustos. I thought I might make this a twofer night, so I started with something mild. And mild is the word. Bland, even. I have to say, though, I rushed the last half of it through a bad thunderstorm (smoked the whole thing in 45 min.), so I'm not going to come to any firm conclusions about this one just yet.

If the storm clears out before it gets too late, I'll have another . . . something.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    3 cigar day today. CAO Double Maduro, RP Sun Grown, 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo now to finish up. Good Day!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i havent had a cigar in almost a week. WHATS WRONG WITH ME???
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    WHATS WRONG WITH ME???
    I'm not sure this is the thread to undertake answering that one. :)
  • Options
    Hey pilot I matched you on the 5 vegas classic torpedo. What a great burn so nice and slow, easy draw on this shape. The flavor was perfect, that ash held on for a third of the stick. Fully enjoyed this Classic favorite. Must have been a good day for you and the three a day....
  • Options
    It was the R&J Reserva Real toro, for me. A beautiful cigar and a lovely smoke. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll post more details in my log in the Reviews area.
  • Options
    Started out the day w a Fonseca 5-50 over coffee. First time, enjoyed this mild smoke and will do it again. Tonight I did a couple, started out with my first Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and really enjoyed it. Finished with a CI Legends Rocky Patel. Overall, three for three today.
  • Options
    hey sdip, of that Legends series which is your favorite that you have had ? Mine would be the Graycliff and the Perdoma. When the time is right Drew Estates stick is pretty good too. I liked the Patel but not as much as his regular label stuff. The Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet was a great find for me thanks to recomendations I found here. I really like those.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Yesterday I had a Perdomo Slow-aged 826 while working in the yard......good yard-gar. Relaxed on the patio with a Camacho Coyolar, very flavorful.

Love the new avatar kaspera.