Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well after a late start yesterday I didn't get to have a smoke before dinner, but afterwords I had a buddy come over and I lit up a Diesel which was a good strong smoke. These aren't the best thing out there, but a good solid full bodied smoke. The draw and burn on it were great and I have no complaints in that area. It was nice to enjoy a good smoke again after near 2 weeks without one. Probably going to light up something else after dinner tonight.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm down to the last third of a LFD Ligero 500. These are one of my favorite smokes, regardless of size. This one has been equally as good, except for the part where I dropped it on my crotch trying to open a movie from Netfilx. *note to self, put cigar down*
  • Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 , quickly becoming my favorite size/shape. gotta love em!! Gotta love Alien for throwing this one in as a bonus on trade. Thanks Bro.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a Cain F for lunch, and a Nub Maduro on the ride home. A spectacular Oliva day.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Last night had a 5 vegas AAA. Very very good smoke. Tasted chocolate for the first third with a bit of coffee. Then the coffee started to be more pronounced. All throughout, had a bit of spice on the back of the palate. Overall, my favorite 5 vegas so far.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's sticks: Oliva Series O, IT SF Maduro x2, Don Kiki Brown Label.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Nothing for me all damn weekend. Work, work, work.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had my first Serie G Maduro... I think this may be my new favorite Maduro, so good.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a 5 Vegas Shorty today. Not bad. Not phenominal but a good short smoke for my 2 mile commute.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    todays smokes: Perdomo Fresh Rolled, Reserva Maxima, Intenso
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Back story first: Picked up an OpusX Double Corona last march as a b-day gift to myself. For one reason or another I never smoked it and it's been sitting in the humi for a solid year. My 35th b-day was friday the 12th and my wife and I closed on house today so I said to hell with it and finally lit'er up. I figured if a birthday and buying a house wasn't a good enough reason to smoke it then nothing was. I wasn't blown away by it but it was a good smoke. Not as strong as I expected either but that's a good thing for me. I'll try one again but def not a double corona, that's just too much cigar for me.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well today after running around, getting my little one his first real haircut and running a few errands with the family, I took the old mutt for a walk and lit up a DPG Cuban Classic robusto. Damn good cigar as always. I have quite a few of them in the humi and they have to be the most reliable smoke I keep on hand. Made for a nice relaxing evening. When I got home from the walk I sat on the balcony and finished it off with a glass of Elijah Craig bourbon. If you haven't tried that brand of bourbon I HIGHLY recommend it! Amazing drink straight over ice!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got in some good ones today. First up was my old standby, a Perdomo ESV '91 churchill segundo, great cigar anytime and 99% worry free. Later on was a Padilla Habano churchill, I liked these before when I'd only smoked the torpedos, but now that I've had the toro and churchill my eyes are opened a bit wider and I really like this cigar, another good anytime one. Later still was a Vengeance Ligero maduro from Exclusive cigars, maker of Kristoff and Brittania Reserve, the Vengeance reminded me of the Kristoff Sumatra only with a maduro wrapper offering a bit of spice and earthiness, slow burning and razor sharp with a smooth, medium bodied approach, very nice. Last up was an Oliva Serie V double robusto, my favorite size for the V and the year on them has worked nicely, the Serie V has always been smooth but occasionally I'd run across a bit of harshness, there was no sign of anything harsh in this bad boy tonight, smooth and tasty on the draw, peppery and complex through the nose.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Wow, it ended up being a 4 stick day for me. Not bad for a monday! Started this afternoon with a Graycliff G2, not bad, but got bitter a little over half way through then I tossed it. Directly after I went for a 5 Vegas Gold, my second one of these (thanks FTG) and it was pretty good. Tonight started with a RP I Press. It had pretty bad burn issues which seem to be the norm for that stick. Too bad because the flavors were decent. Capping it off is an AB Harvest 97. My 2nd or 3rd of these and they are pretty tasty, but nothing too exciting IMO. Overall, a pretty decent day and beautiful weather were having up here in the Pac NW :^)

Just noticed, about to hit 200 posts! Wow, they sure do rack up quick don't they?
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507

Diamondog:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Go with the 08 Limitada, do it
    SOLD

hahaha how was it?

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha empire series 2... Wow that cigar was a shocker.
    I really loved it.

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Oliva Serie O Robusto. I've had about 5 of these in the past 4 months. This one was the best. I wonder if it had anything to do with the temp being around 60 versus 20?
    had a cu-avana and a ccom red label torpedo.. the cu-avana was a bit too mild for my taste, not a lot of flavor, but the red label was pretty good; lots of spice and pepper with hints of earth and a bit of leather.
    Casa Fuego, IT SF Maduro, Cu-avana Intenso, Don Kiki Brown Label
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a beautiful three smoke day off work today. I met a local BOTL for a Man o War special edition salamon. Awesome stick. I stopped by Calhoun Cigar and smoked a La Gloria Cubana Serie R Maduro, and also picked up a San Cristobal for later. I finished the day with a Carlos Torano Signature series, excellent as always.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    illinoisgolf99:
    had a cu-avana and a ccom red label torpedo.. the cu-avana was a bit too mild for my taste, not a lot of flavor, but the red label was pretty good; lots of spice and pepper with hints of earth and a bit of leather.
    try the cu-avana intenso. Lots of good flavor and body. One of my favorites.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Smoking my first RP 1961. About an inch in, and its pretty good. Even better since they were free, compliments of CCOM

UPDATE: Pretty good cigar, nothing outstanding, but a good overall smoke. For free, I'd smoke em everyday. Had a bit of spice through the nose, with some hints of espresso and wood. Had a great smelling smoke, firm draw, and pretty even burn. Had to touch up twice, as one side burned slightly quicker. This was right out of the box though, with only a week in my humidor, so I've got four more I'm gonna sit on until later this year.
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:
    I have to agree, the Intenso is the only Cu-avana I like. It will break you out of any smoke blahs you have.
    fla-gypsy:
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:

I have to agree, the Intenso is the only Cu-avana I like. It will break you out of any smoke blahs you have.

Thanks guys I'll have to try those out!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a utopia blue maduro torpedo today. This would be my fourth and I have to say something is up with these. They start out flavorful (due to the sweetness on the wrapper) but that goes a way after the first 1/3 then there is a "almost" burnt tobacco flavor. I don't know how else to describe it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. im starting to notice that A.J. Fernandez has a distinct blending style. ill have to do some extensive research to understand it better. Im still up in the air about how much i like it. the Sol Cubano CC is a solid stick but it isnt what i usually go for.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Just finished a Camacho 1962. Real robust flavors of wood and maybe earth. The construction was great, but I wasn't really feeling the stick.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    there is a "almost" burnt tobacco flavor.
    A burnt tobacco flavor? Ya don't say... ;0)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hays:
    phobicsquirrel:
    there is a "almost" burnt tobacco flavor.
    A burnt tobacco flavor? Ya don't say... ;0)
    Burnt Tabacco Flavor mmmmmm we could only hope thats what we are getting! as opposed to wet moldy tobacco Flavor! LOL
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got in some burnt tobacco myself today. Started with a Padilla Habano churchill, these are becoming a habit. Later was a Camacho Corjo Ltd. torpedo, pretty good. Later still I had another Padilla Habano, this time a toro. Finally I finished things up with a Padilla 1932 torpedo. Good day for Padilla I guess, hadn't realized that my day was dominated by them.