Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Just got through having a house blend Cuban label. Very tasty, definitely getting more of these soon.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    ejenne87:
    First cigar in quite a while was last night, a Liga Privada No. 9. It was GREAT as always. Today I had a T52 robusto at a bar-b-q with some friends. I might fire up a toro a little later if I am not to sloshed. Tonight promises to be a good one
    Cigars go very well with sloshed! lol
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Punch Champion
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Serie O Robusto.... Good but had burn issues the entire stick.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just finished a Don Lino Africa on the back porch. What a beautiful evening here in N Florida
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Finishing the day off with an Arturo Fuente Anejo #77.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think I might go out and smoke one of these big-ass Edicion de Silvio double coronas.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had aliga pravada t52

quite a good cigar. i like the no.9 better. the T52 isnt as balanced but it is a bit stronger. solid cigar though.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    lilwing88:
    I think the question for this weekend will be: What will I NOT be smoking?
    Crack, crystal meth, PCP? Maybe?
    Maybe! The wife is out of town and the kids are sleeping. And given the area I live in, it's practically the norm in these parts!!! LOL!

But alas, I went with an H. Upmann Coronas Major for starters.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today's smokes: IT Cameroon Legend, IT 10th 2nd, Punch Uppercut, La Especion
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Just finished a Fonseca under the stars and really enjoyed it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Finishing the day off with an Arturo Fuente Anejo #77.
    my number one stick right there.
    had an A. Fernandez. pretty good, would've been better if I didn't have a damn cold
    I ended up smoking a Leon Jimenes 300. Got a handful of these a couple of weeks ago. It smelled great, right out of the cellophane. Unfortunately, the wrapper cracked before I even got it lit, and it was partially plugged. Once I got past the wrapper damage, though, it evened up and is smoking okay, now.

The flavor is really good. Dark, but it's got some butteriness to it. I hope the others are better made than this one. If so, this might be a keeper.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hmm, I need to try one of those Jimenes you sent me urbs.

Had some good ones today, started with a Sol Cubano Connecticut robusto on my drive to work. On the ride home I had a Perdomo Reserve Oscuro robusto. Got home and a little while later had a Graycliff Crystal torpedo, I take back a lot of the negative things I've said about Graycliff after this cigar, it was a half step below excellent, perfect firm draw, loads of smoke and the cigar was one of the heaviest cigars I've had, firmly packed from head to foot...oh yeah, the flavor was pretty good too, hard to remember exactly but it exhibited a nice complexity in a medium-full cigar. Wrapped things up with a Camacho Corojo Ltd. torpedo from the DD earlier this week, I wanted something strong and this caught my eye, very good cigar, probably my favorite of the corojo line.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Went with a Padillda Dominus Churchill. I don't usually smoke Churchills but I got these in error and the price was right, so. Good stick.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    This afternoon was beautiful up here in PA, so I went out an enjoyed my first conny wrapped cigar of the year. It was about 70 degrees outside, sunny, and the geese were making plenty of noise. I enjoyed a RP Connecticut while reading Stephen King's IT. After a while I ended up just walking the property to soak it all in. Sadly, I eventually noticed all the yard work I have to do soon :-
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Tonight I had a Gurkha shaggy robusto and was EXTREMELY dissapointed with it. First it tunneled, then it canoed, then the wrapper just cracked all the way through the cigar! Needless to say, I was pissed! Honestly, this is the first time I have had construction issues with a Gurkha. Can't wait to smoke somethin good tomorrow after work!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think I am going to smoke one of the MoW Ruinations that Alex sent me. Gonna be a great day here in the South, Blue sky w/ 70+ degree weather!

"Long ashes my friends."

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Fired up a Cohiba Red Dot this morning, looking to get in to a 5 Vegas Gold this afternoon.
    j0z3r:
    Hmm, I need to try one of those Jimenes you sent me urbs.
    I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. Based on my experience with this one, though, I'd give 'em some more rest time.
    Now I have lit up an Edicion de Silvio. I may regret it, though. The wind is a bit gustier than I thought. It's already de-ashed my stogie once, and I just got started.
    So far today
    CC Cameroon
    DPG JJ (hmmm tasty)
    Don Lino Africa
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    fla-gypsy:
    So far today
    CC Cameroon
    DPG JJ (hmmm tasty)
    Don Lino Africa

What'd you think of the Cameroon label?
    Yup, that DPG JJ is mighty tasty, ain't it?

Just finished my EdS. Trying to figure out how to describe it. It's very . . . subtle? . . . sophisticated? . . . something like that. Quite mild, I'd say, and medium-bodied. Lots of smoke and lots of flavor, but no one thing jumps out. There's definitely some leatheriness, though. Beautiful construction and dead perfect burn the whole way, which is pretty remarkable for a cigar this size. The ash is very light and fluffy.

I've never had anything quite like it. Looking forward to smoking more of these and getting to know them better.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a R&J Havana Reserve this morning with my coffee. It was smooth and creamy - lovely for the morning.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a Sol Cuban Cubano Cabinet Toro while doing some yard work and a A. Fernandez Torp while grilling. Not sure what I'll have tonight?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I was excited about the first day of spring and warm weather and some good smokes over the grill... Then the cold front moved in, the wind hit, the temps DROPPED, and the snow began. First day of spring in TX and it's now 33 degrees and snowing. All you people enjoying the nice warm sunny days can kiss my cold TX a$$!!! haha
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Went to the cigar bar, and was gifted 2 smokes. First was a Tatuaje Red Tubos. Fan-friggen-tastic smoke. The next was a Hemingway Classic. Just, amazing. Was a very nice evening!
    minibeezy:
    fla-gypsy:
    So far today
    CC Cameroon
    DPG JJ (hmmm tasty)
    Don Lino Africa

What'd you think of the Cameroon label?
    I thought the Cuban Crafters Cameroon was excellent. It was better than the Carlos Torano 1916 IMO. I am not even a cameroon fan and I liked it. let me add it was a gorgeous day here in N Florida, 76* and sunny. I had short pants on again, woohoo!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Man O War figurado.