Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight for me was a La Flor de Cano. After a month of rest, I gotta say I really dig this stick. It started to burn a little uneven, but corrected itself and was razor sharp after that, great draw, very well constructed. My pallet is still young, but I could get some chocolate, maybe a bit of espresso, a bit of earth, and a very light sweetness. In other words a damn tasty stick IMO. The aroma was very pleasant as well.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cohiba Siglo I on the way in to work this morning....nubbed er......
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Yesterday I had a good 'ol Upmann Demitasse. Today, I started a 5 Vegas 'A' Atomic. I forgot I had these. Got a 5ver for free with an online order over $125. Got these back in September. So far so good. It hasn't wowed me but it hasn't made me want to head for the hills. Once I got further into it I can give a better description. Not sure what will be on the menu tonight.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Wheelie check your PMs!

I had two yesterday. A 5 Vegas Classic toro and a RP Old World Reserve. Both pretty good sticks, but I liked the Classic better to be honest. One of these days I'll try out the OWR Maduro and see if that is better.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I had a great 3 smoke day yesterday. Started it off with a Camacho Triple Maduro that I got from Gene. I don't usually smoke something that soon after I get it, but I've been wanting to try one for a long time. Great flavors and burned very well, it did develop a small crack about a third of the way from the foot, but it was small and didn't hurt the cigar. Next up was a smoke given to me from a buddy of mine. It was the DPG Centurion lancero. I've loved every Centurion I've tried, but the lancero REALLY blew me away! I was shocked by how much flavor this cigar had and a perfect burn and draw! I'll be looking for more of these. Finished on the night on my balcony with an Alec Bradley Pryme that I got a few months ago from Alien. WOW! Another home run cigar! This thing was the best AB cigar I've ever had and probably in the top 5 smokes of all time. I know Tony said these were getting hard to find, but I'm going to be searching for some more of those!
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I am going to have one of my 7 house blend sampler this evening that I just got. Not sure which one I will grab first though.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jozer, did you like the habano's more than the dominus?
  • dsaylesdsayles Posts: 123
    I just finished a Por Larranaga and it is one of my favs.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    think ill either have an artisan or 262. im leanin towards the latter as i didnt get to smoke ANYTHING on my birthday (i know, its tragic)
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Had a 5 Vegas Triple A and it was verrry good. lot of flavor and a slow burn for the size.. I definitely reccomend this one!
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesterday's smokes: CAO Cameroon, Verdadero, AB SCR, RP Renaissance
    had a 262 paradigm this afternoon. dont know what ill have this evenin... any suggestions??
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    3fer today. Started with an Alec Bradley Tempus (good thing I had big breakfast), after lunch a Perdomo ESV '91, later a LaTraviata oooo man.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    MarkH:
    3fer today. Started with an Alec Bradley Tempus (good thing I had big breakfast), after lunch a Perdomo ESV '91, later a LaTraviata oooo man.
    Mmmmmm, I like La Traviata. Me..... I'll be having an Erin Go Bragh in honor of Patty's day. I just read that they're made in the La Aurora factory where they make all the CAO flavors. Hmmmm. Muy interesante.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Enjoying some awesome weather here in pittsburgh the last few days...had a perdomo reserve la tradicion today and I loved it.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a Don Pepin Cuban Classic for lunch, and a San Cristobal for the ride home.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    jacketsrule:
    I had a Don Pepin Cuban Classic for lunch, and a San Cristobal for the ride home.
    San Cristobal is a very good smoke. I stopped by the B&M and picked up a RP Vintage 92 after work. It's been awhile since I've had one of these, and I'm loving it.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Just had an La Aroma de Cuba for the first time.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    brotheradam:
    Yummy. One of those "holy crap I can't believe I paid $3 for this" cigars.

I smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI on the deck today. 60 degrees and sunny - gorgeous day. Cigar was fantastic as always.
    Smokin a perdomo esv 91 maduro right now. Gonna follow it up with a ruination. Good night!
    TatuajeVI:
    brotheradam:
    Yummy. One of those "holy crap I can't believe I paid $3 for this" cigars.

I smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI on the deck today. 60 degrees and sunny - gorgeous day. Cigar was fantastic as always.
    Agreed on the Havana VI, they're great! Where can I get La Aroma de Cuba for only $3? They are closer to double that from what I can find. Still worth it though...
    The afternoon smoke was a Perdomo Champagne. It was pretty good, but I'm just not that into mild sticks. Tonight was a 5 Vegas Classic, pretty darn tasty for a mild-medium budget stick.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had the Arganese Uno Puro from the DOD... this one fits right in my comfort zone.
    Though I thought it would last longer for a 6x60, smoke time was like a regular robusto.

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Series A
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got two in yesterday. As I stated earlier I had the 5 Vegas A atomic. It was a decent smoke. Not great but not terrible. My second smoke was a Chateau Real Maduro. I think it was a 5 X 52 or 54. It was my first one and it was just ok. I wouldn't run out to get anymore. This one is from the cotm club 6 months ago.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    A little time off from work has produced a great 24 hours:

I had a MOW ruination last night under the stars; great stick, absolutely beautiful in every way. This morning was a Padilla habano with my coffee and a little work on the dinghy, followed closely with a lunch-time 5 Vegas 'A'. The habano was tasty as always but the 'A' I just can't get into, they taste like burnt toast to me.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesterday was a 5 Vegas Gold, Punch Uppercut and Padilla 68. Pretty good day!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Luko:
    Enjoying some awesome weather here in pittsburgh the last few days...had a perdomo reserve la tradicion today and I loved it.
    The Cameroon?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT SF Maduro x2, DPG Cuban Classic. That DPG was the worst one I ever had. It had to be a bad stick or something. Burn was horrible and taste way off. Very disappointing for a stick that was expected to deliver big on taste. Also had a Don Kiki White Label at 6 am, very nice.
  • dsaylesdsayles Posts: 123
    So listen here my fellow BOTL. I had the best experiance today. I had to make a choice at lunch today and it came down to eating a delicious steak or smoke my La Traviata(which i never had before). So I decided to have both at the same time and they complimented each other so well that once I finished I almost needed a cigarette(I hate them by the way). My wife better watch out cause if she upsets me she might just find herself replaced lol. I hope all have a good day just as I have.