Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had a Perdomo Golf this morning with my coffee. It came from a trade with plaidbanana1. It was a nice, smooth and mild way to start off the day, thanks brother.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Black Vanilla Cavindish Pipe Tobacco... meh on the aromatics, not as bad as infused cigars but not really that good either.

• Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    RP Sun Grown, Gran Habano Habano, JDN Antano, RP ITC Maduro
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Nica Libre churchill. liking this one quite a bit.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    NUB Maduro.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier was a 5 Vegas A, now I'm gonna light up a Cubra Libre.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Just got home from spending about 6 hours at my b&m...while I was there, I smoked a Pinar del Rio Oscuro - it consistently burned like crap, and went out on me 5 times. I put it down with 4 inches to go. Considering my previous excellent experiences with Pinar del Rio, I'll have to give this one another go some other time. Due to my experience with that one, my excellent b&m owner gifted me a Bahia connecticut that he's offering in bundles, and that was an excellent smoke (very reasonably priced bundles too).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was herf day and once again I smoked enough cigars for two people. First up was a Perdomo ESV '91 Phantom on the ride up. Got settled at the herf and the first cigar up was a Don Pepin Garcia Tabacos Baez belicoso, very nice and smooth, medium bodied and tasty. Ate some shrimp tacos and the next cigar was an Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #3 with almost 2 years of box aging on it, the cigar was pretty good and I'm satisfied that the patience of letting them rest has paid off. After the DC came a cigar I've been wanting to try for a while but for one reason or another haven't, a Winston Churchill toro from Davidoff, the short version is that it was excellent, unlike any cigar I've had before, medium bodied overall and it exhibited an incredible balance and complexity. Last up at the herf was a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo robusto, fantastic cigar and when smoked slowly the strength is not overwhelming. The ride home saw a disappointing Arganese CL3 robusto, I think my palate was fried at this point I just didn't get much from the cigar. Great day for a herf, the weather was perfect and another good time was had.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i wish i was smokin a cigar. i have a bit of a cold. i dont want to risk not enjoying whatever cigar i pick out. i hate having colds.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    dennisking:
    Nica Libre churchill. liking this one quite a bit.
    That's my favorite vitola with the Nica Libre, hoping for a DD on these soon...
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    This afternoon I went for a Brazilian label house blend churchill from the weekend blitz a few weeks back and it was pretty damn good. I was a bit surprised to see that the celo was very yellowed which would indicate that it had some time in the warehouse before it got to me, good stuff. Tonight was an Oliveros LTD, tasty as usual.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    LFD habano perfecto, on the beach, bbq with a guiness.......well several guiness......OK a 6 pack. perfect end to the week. Work starts tomorrow!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Last night I had some good smokes. Started out with the new El Truinfidor lancero. It was fresh from the B&M so I can't say for certain but I wasn't really wowed by it. I did enjoy it, a very classic cigar in my opinion, and I think I might like it better in a larger ring guage. Next up was an Oliva Serie O, always a predictable yet very tastey smoke. And, to cap off the night, on the ride home really enjoyed a Casa Magna Oscuro robusto. These get better every time I try them. I have had the Colorodo wrapper as well, but I enjoy the oscuro just a bit more.
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Just finished a Nub Habano. Very impressed. I'm looking forward to trying the others.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's selections
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I just finished off a Perdomo Habano in the maduro wrapper. I'm not crazy about maduros in general, and this one was no exception. It's the first Perdomo I've had that I didn't care for.
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    fla-gypsy:
    minibeezy:
    fla-gypsy:
    So far today
    CC Cameroon
    DPG JJ (hmmm tasty)
    Don Lino Africa

What'd you think of the Cameroon label?
    I thought the Cuban Crafters Cameroon was excellent. It was better than the Carlos Torano 1916 IMO. I am not even a cameroon fan and I liked it. let me add it was a gorgeous day here in N Florida, 76* and sunny. I had short pants on again, woohoo!

Doh! CC is not the same as ccom. LOL. I had the house cameroon the other night. Thought they were the same. My bad.

Glad to hear about the weather. It's a little breezy here, but pretty much the same. I'm loving it.
  • Options
    minibeezy:
    fla-gypsy:
    minibeezy:
    fla-gypsy:
    So far today
    CC Cameroon
    DPG JJ (hmmm tasty)
    Don Lino Africa

What'd you think of the Cameroon label?
    I thought the Cuban Crafters Cameroon was excellent. It was better than the Carlos Torano 1916 IMO. I am not even a cameroon fan and I liked it. let me add it was a gorgeous day here in N Florida, 76* and sunny. I had short pants on again, woohoo!

Doh! CC is not the same as ccom. LOL. I had the house cameroon the other night. Thought they were the same. My bad.

Glad to hear about the weather. It's a little breezy here, but pretty much the same. I'm loving it.
    No problem, I should have been clearer in my response. CC is a little factory down in Miami but are turning out and importing some tasty stuff
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Had to work today ...rainy and mid to low 50's anyways ...oh well ...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid 60's and sunshine here in Denver. Smoking a big AB Tempus as I type. Damn fine cigar.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Beautiful day here in Madison WI, wonderful sunset, topped off with a good old Man O War.
  • Options
    NYHCx516x:
    Beautiful day here in Madison WI, wonderful sunset, topped off with a good old Man O War.
    A Man after my own heart
  • Options
    bushwoodbushwood Posts: 31
    Just got a box of Padilla Miami from the CCOM special last week and I must say I am impressed. A buddy and I went in together on a box at $95 so it made it a no-brainer. Smoked one last night, and again this evening. They are a smaller cigar than I usually smoke, but the flavor and aroma were very satisfying. And for anyone that cares, I sold the ranch this week, so I have to say good-bye to the Manroom. I am supremely bummed, because I didn't want to have to sell it. But such is life in these tough economic time. But hope springs eternal! It's just one door closing so another can open. As my friend Jerry would say, STR! Greg
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I too closed the day enjoying a MOW. What a great cigar!!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I had a great smoke today despite the dreary rain here in So. IL.. A nice CCom Cuban Label Robusto, MM and coke, and the new edition of Conde Nast Traveler made for a great hour and 45 minutes.. yes I smoked that bad boy slow and it was faaaantastic!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was a slow one for cigars, I just wasn't up for much after yesterday. I did try one that caught my eye, a Gurkha Cuban Legacy robusto, I was impressed given the price and my track record with Gurkha, it smoked very slow and had a nice array of flavors, after almost an hour I had only smoked about half of it and had to lay it down since the UFC Fight Night was starting. Later I had a La Flor Dominicana Ligero torpedo from the DD last week, excellent cigar, slow smoker, great flavors and only a couple minor touch-ups were needed for the burn.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Went out to a good friend of mines house to relax around a huge fire ... it was a little chilly but the fire and cigars i brought kept everyone comfortable ..... I enjoyed an RP 1990 and i brought an RP ITC 10th anniversary and a 262 Paradigm for my buddies ............ My friend that had the 262 was blown away by it and was like this is hands down the best cigar that he'd ever had........ he isnt an everyday smoker but said that he has had maybe 50 cigars in his life ...... I was glad he was happy.....All in all it was a great night
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Worked around the yard and attic a ton on Saturday and had some time in teh evening to wind down with a cigar and glass of 1/4 cask Laphroaig on the patio.

Decided to give some of the sticks Alex W. sent me time to rest in the humi (temping to smoke them straight OTT!) and so went with the last untried Gurkha blend I got from the "10 for" sampler earlier in the year: a Grand Envoy.

Tight draw, ragged burn and an unimpressive flavor profile but with a handfull of fantastic scotch it was still a decent enough smoke to put me in the "jelly zone" once I gave up on messing with it. Set it to rest with 2" to spare (I generally nub everything...).

One of those cases of having a good smoke despite a bad cigar :D
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Haven't been around to update but here it goes now. Started Friday with a 5 Vegas AAA. I didn;t not really like this cigar. The draw was tight even after I snipped the end. I had originally used a punch. I even rolled it around between my fingers and that did not help. It developed a crack near the head of the cigar about an inch long but that did not affect the draw or burn. The burn was decent. It was too much work to get any smoke. I have one more so I'm sure time will correct some of those issues. Next, I went to a Cain F. Now, this cigar was really good. Burn was pretty good, only went out a few times (most likely my fault) and had a really good taste. I was suprised. I actually thought it was going to be too strong for me.

Saturday I had a Nica Libre Toro from the cotm 6 monts ago. This is my second Nica Libre but the first in this size. It didn;t do too much for me. It was a decent cigar with a great burn but the flavor was just ok.

Sunday, I finally got to sit on my deck and have a smoke. It's the first smoke since moving in. Smoked a Nub Cammie. Can't remember exacly what size. It was either a 358 or 460. It took a few minutes to warm up but then it got good. The burn was a little off but that was ok. Didn't affect the taste or draw.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Earlier I had a Padilla Habano torpedo and it was a struggle the whole time. I like these cigars but for some reason the torpedos always give me burn problems even when babied. I much prefer the churchill for this cigar. I'm going to need another cigar later to make up for the frustration of losing the battle against Padilla and his army of bad burners.