Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I enjoyed a Cugine by Arganese. I've had several of these and they are always a fantastic cigar! For the price they really just can't be beat!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Going to fire up a Cohiba Red Dot and make an ash for the ash hall of fame!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Tabacos Baez SF Corona... not a bad cheap smoke.

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    bigharpoon:
    Earlier I had a Padilla Habano torpedo and it was a struggle the whole time. I like these cigars but for some reason the torpedos always give me burn problems even when babied. I much prefer the churchill for this cigar. I'm going to need another cigar later to make up for the frustration of losing the battle against Padilla and his army of bad burners.
    That's surprising. This is one of my "everyday" smokes and I have never had a problem. That roller must have had a bad day. Sorry for your luck. I'm a big torpedo fan but for some reason I always order these in the toro.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Earlier I had a Padilla Habano torpedo and it was a struggle the whole time. I like these cigars but for some reason the torpedos always give me burn problems even when babied. I much prefer the churchill for this cigar. I'm going to need another cigar later to make up for the frustration of losing the battle against Padilla and his army of bad burners.
    I haven't had very good luck with the torpedo either, for me it was always the wrapper either it would split while smoking or it would crack when I cut it. I've recently revisited the Habano line in the toro and churchill and have been loving them, as hassle free as I could ask for.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    At the Rail Station Bar in So Mpls with a Summit Extra Pale Ale and smokin an Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 1997, ooo very good.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    That's surprising. This is one of my "everyday" smokes and I have never had a problem. That roller must have had a bad day. Sorry for your luck. I'm a big torpedo fan but for some reason I always order these in the toro.
    j0z3r:
    I haven't had very good luck with the torpedo either, for me it was always the wrapper either it would split while smoking or it would crack when I cut it. I've recently revisited the Habano line in the toro and churchill and have been loving them, as hassle free as I could ask for.
    Yup, from now on I'll be sticking with the churchill and toro size, too.

I had a nice Nub habano later on and felt much better. Those things are deceivingly strong.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    CC Cuban Claro Lancero, IT SF Maduro Toro x2, Salazar y Hermanos Seies I Maduro Robusto, Gurkha Doble Maduro, Don Lino Africa Churchill
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Wow! 10,000 posts! The first started by ashmaster and 9,999 replies. Here is to another 10,000!
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    NP Ruky, JDN Antano torpedo, Padron Torpedo
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoked an H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro. Very enjoyable!
  • Options
    had a micro parking garage herf with a co worker.
    enjoyed an Arganese Cugine....

• Options
    On my way to work this morning I had a Gurkha Grand Envoy.
    I got these about 4 months ago and this is my first time trying it.
    This stick is an instant classic!!! I will have to get more of these.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    stephen_hannibal:
    On my way to work this morning I had a Gurkha Grand Envoy.
    I got these about 4 months ago and this is my first time trying it.
    This stick is an instant classic!!! I will have to get more of these.

I may have a few of these lying around. If I do, u interested in a trade? If I have them, they've been aging since September 2008. They are the Presidente (7.0" x 52) size.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    DPG blue label (forgot name, first smoke 0600), IT SF Maduro x2, Don Lino Africa Lancero, Don Lino Africa Churchill, 5 Vegas Miami (ride home 1600)
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    H upmann seven, ct 1916 while crappie fishing in the sun
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Just finished a Perdomo 10th aniv. Champagne. Pretty good.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro Enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I just lit up a God of Fire Don Carlos robusto. My first GoF. Been in the humi over a year.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    urbino:
    I just lit up a God of Fire Don Carlos robusto. My first GoF. Been in the humi over a year.
    Jealous! Please post a review!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Let us know what ya think of the GOF Urbs. I've had one and it was damn good.

Last night I started with an Alec Bradley Tempus which was great as always. Followed the Tempus up with a Tatuaje Havanna VI in the robusto size. I can't remember exactly the name of it, but another great smoke! Good night for me with cigars! Also got my AB 5 pk sampler from the Daily Deal in the mail yesterday so that was wonderful!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a DPG JJ maduro robusto on the drive home from work, nice smoke, though driving is not the ideal venue to enjoy it sure does pass the time well. Later I settle down with a lovely Cohiba Esplendido that was gifted to me by Sandman at the herf, loads of creamy, silky-smooth smoke, a great flavor that can't be replicated and a certain something that just makes you sit back and say " oh yeahhh...". Thank you Tony for that cigar, it really helped me to relax after a long day at work.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    urbino:

Last night I started with an Alec Bradley Tempus which was great as always. Followed the Tempus up with a Tatuaje Havanna VI in the robusto size. I can't remember exactly the name of it, but another great smoke! Good night for me with cigars! Also got my AB 5 pk sampler from the Daily Deal in the mail yesterday so that was wonderful!
    Well, I gotta say it's not my cuppa. It's a good cigar, but much too spicy for me. I got some other flavors, especially kind of a root vegetable thing every now and then, but the spice overwhelmed everything. It might be just the thing for Maddy, but not for me. Also, I like a cigar that generates tons of smoke, and this one didn't.

I've got another one of these. Maybe like it better when I get around to breaking it out.
  • Options
    Finishing up with a little Camacho 1962 perfecto.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a perdomo lot 23 earlier, draw was a bit tight but was still good.. and just finished up a gurkha micro-batch c-10.. very tasty stick and paired nicely with some mango tea
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    urbino:
    PuroFreak:
    urbino:
    Well, I gotta say it's not my cuppa. It's a good cigar, but much too spicy for me. I got some other flavors, especially kind of a root vegetable thing every now and then, but the spice overwhelmed everything. It might be just the thing for Maddy, but not for me. Also, I like a cigar that generates tons of smoke, and this one didn't.

I've got another one of these. Maybe like it better when I get around to breaking it out.
    I've had a few but my last one which was maybe in July of last year was phenominal. It produced a lot of smoke and I don't remember spice however that main flavor was awesome but I can't place what it is. Reminded me of like a thick power.
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    I had an Oliveros LTD sitting around the campfire the other night. Fan-freakin-tastic! Couldnt have had a better cigar for the setting.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished a 262 robusto gifted to me from Jerry Ernst. Nice medium smoke for the middle of the day. Still have 1 torpedo and 1 more robusto in the humi. Think I'll give them a little more age to see how well they develop.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Hoyo de Monterrey Exaclibur No. II Maduro with 3+ years on it.

It was pure heaven.

RRS="Mmmm!"
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:

I've had a few but my last one which was maybe in July of last year was phenominal. It produced a lot of smoke and I don't remember spice however that main flavor was awesome but I can't place what it is. Reminded me of like a thick power.
    Hm. I don't know, wheelz, it sounds like we had two completely different cigars. Might yours have been the Carlito?

The weather is gonna be gorgeous again tonight. I'll have to come up with something stupendous to smoke.