Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Gran Habano Connecticut #1
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Twas a good day for Maddy. I worked from the B&M today. Started with an AVO Classic Toro, dissappointting. I haven't had a classic in a while and after smoking it I remembered why, quite bland.

Then I had an Ernesto Perez Carrillo Short Run. GREAT SMOKE, even better price point.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nub CT 460. Yummy little smoke Last one I had was meh, this one delivered.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Twas a good day for Maddy. I worked from the B&M today. Started with an AVO Classic Toro, dissappointting. I haven't had a classic in a while and after smoking it I remembered why, quite bland.

Then I had an Ernesto Perez Carrillo Short Run. GREAT SMOKE, even better price point.
    I never got into that thing either. I do like the maduro, just way more money for it than I like.

I broke out a gurkha double maduro tonight. Pretty good stick. I haven't had one in a very long time.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Had my first Alec Bradley Family Blend. Not impressed with it at all. Tastes like a Padilla Achilles or Gurkha Grand Envoy with fewer flavors and lots of burn problems. My humi's running at 68 rh, but it went out completely twice - both when I left it alone for 15 to 20 seconds.

I've had that problem a LOT with the Tempus box press, Maxx, and Maxx Vice Press. Anyone know if the burn problems are a consistent blending or rolling problem?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:

I never got into that thing either. I do like the maduro, just way more money for it than I like.

I broke out a gurkha double maduro tonight. Pretty good stick. I haven't had one in a very long time.
    Yea I love the AVO Domaine Maduro
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Had my first Alec Bradley Family Blend. Not impressed with it at all. Tastes like a Padilla Achilles or Gurkha Grand Envoy with fewer flavors and lots of burn problems. My humi's running at 68 rh, but it went out completely twice - both when I left it alone for 15 to 20 seconds.

I've had that problem a LOT with the Tempus box press, Maxx, and Maxx Vice Press. Anyone know if the burn problems are a consistent blending or rolling problem?
    I've never had any issues with AB sticks. Also didn't think the Family Blend was ANYTHING like the Achilles. Strange... Makes me wonder if you got a bad stick or something. I have enjoyed every AB stick I've had. Also have a lot of flavor.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    PuroFreak:
    wwhwang:

I've never had any issues with AB sticks. Also didn't think the Family Blend was ANYTHING like the Achilles. Strange... Makes me wonder if you got a bad stick or something. I have enjoyed every AB stick I've had. Also have a lot of flavor.
    Nope Puro's just wrongWink [;)] Alec Bradley are terrible. Like trying to smoke pocket lint.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Carlos Torano Exodus Silver courtesy of Goldy, how much time on it Goldy 3 or 4 years? Nice stick...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'm just messing with ya puro. But in all seriousness Alec Bradley suck.
    Also I tried to enjoy a Sccc. I don't know why I keep trying that stick. I haven't liked it yet.

• Options
    just smoke a RP Renaissance. It was very smooth with a little spice to it and peppery, wish it would of be little bit stronger though.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I'm just messing with ya puro. But in all seriousness Alec Bradley suck.
    Also I tried to enjoy a Sccc. I don't know why I keep trying that stick. I haven't liked it yet.

This from the guy that loves Puros Indios... And Wayne... like you guys ever know what you're talking about. haha j/k
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG Cuban Classic 1979 with about 18 months of age
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Started up a JdN Dark Corojo Azarosa and the thing was over filled. Nice hard spot right in the band area. Re cut it, didn't help. Chucked it and grabbed a Graycliff DE. That was fantastic.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Mmm. I have some with 18-24 months on them, possibly a bit more. Need to pull one out here and give it a whirl.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    Mmm. I have some with 18-24 months on them, possibly a bit more. Need to pull one out here and give it a whirl.
    Update, I've had them for at least 18 months, likely 24+, but the box date is Feb 08. Smoking fantastic too.
  • Options
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a ccom brazailan label last night and a half of bottle of wine to keep me warm out there. Great stick for the price!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Forum Blend Maduro last night. For the most part the burn was good and the draw was great. I swear this think lasted for about 30 hours. I don't know if I was smoking slow of what but man it was a long time! After that I had a Tatuaje Black Tubo. Have been resting since March. I let this one sit in my smoking humidor for the past 30 days. Flavor was good but burn was ehh. Had to correct and relight a few times. Draw was good though. I have a red from the same time period also sitting in the smoking humi that I am gonna have really soon.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Freezin my *** off but enjoying a 5V A.
  • Options
    absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Just enjoyed a Cohiba Corona Cameroon
  • Options
    Had an AB Tempus tonight again, this batch I have are smoking real good...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Camacho Corojo Ltd today. Great stick. After that I fired up a Cuba Libre Epicure.
  • Options
    Having a Oliveros King Havano thanks to Alex' suggestion. I'm really into it! Thanks for the suggestion, Alex.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    CAO Criollo from the aging humidor here. Pretty good. Had some odd spices that I had trouble putting my fingers on!
  • Options
    absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Just fired up a CAO Mx2, my first out of a box I got a few months ago.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    absolutjer:
    Just fired up a CAO Mx2, my first out of a box I got a few months ago.
    how is it? :)
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    MOW Special edition...loving it so far, a little easier than the ruinations I've been smoking in regards to "strength"
  • Options
    decided to dip into the stash that my wife gave me for our anniversary.  777 belicoso - in the garage door partially opened and the space heater set on high.

not a bad smoke.. not as heavy as i hoped, the maduro wrapper gave it a good hit and taste. it got better towards the end - and as i type this now 1hr after finishing, i'd buy some more for sure.

overall, a good smoke - i would compare it to an illusione #88.
  • Options
    Just finished up an Oliva V...