Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had an AF Hemmingway this aft...
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Romeo y juliet a cabinet selecion
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Weather was great in the mid-west the past few days. Even though the temps dropped quite a bit today, I was still able to sneak out with a 5 Vegas Classic 5 x 42 that I bought for this purpose. A great 35 - 45 minute smoke that I won't feel guilty about putting it down early when I get too cold. Luckily, I nubbed this one!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    Well I'll be having my first cigar of the new year this evening but I'm not sure what I want to start it off with... I have a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, Camacho Connecticut, La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, RP Sun Grown, Intenso, or a La Traviata Maduro... Hmmmm... Choices choices. Anyone?
    I myself, would go with either the La Traviata or the Mi Amor. Two of my favorites. For me, tonight, is a Cain F Double Toro. Maybe a Padron 3000 Maduro later.
    I think I'm about to take your advice and pour me a nice glass of The Dalmore 12 Yr. with the Traviata Maduro! Sounds like a nice way to cap a good day at home with the family!
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Had a La Herencia Cubana Original earlier this afternoon.
    Going out for a Padilla Miami...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    AF Hemmingway Work Of Art maddy...

How did you like it double D?
    firetruckguy:
    Diamondog:
    AF Hemmingway Work Of Art maddy...

How did you like it double D?
    Was very good, first time having the cigar....actually the last week was the first time I had any Hemmingways, I can see why they are very well selling...thanks again man, nice choice!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Man O War Armada and a Perdomo Lot 23 Nub... Armada was by far the better of the two!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hayblet:
    Man O War Armada and a Perdomo Lot 23 Nub... Armada was by far the better of the two!
    LOL obviously, but I really do think the Lot 23 is one of the better cheap blends on the market, and probably Perdomo's best at that...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    docbp87:
    Hayblet:
    LOL obviously, but I really do think the Lot 23 is one of the better cheap blends on the market, and probably Perdomo's best at that...
    Completely agree with that. The Lot 23 is really the only Perdomo I enjoy.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I'm currently at my favorite bar (no B+M in Hungary) burning a CAO CX2 having a frosty beverage and surfing the forums on my BB. Anyone out there in Budapest bt chance?
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Triple A...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lets see what i can remember of the last few days/weeks:

Davidoff Grand Cru No.3 (the wife also had one)
    LGC Serie R
    LFD air bender
    DPG blue
    and the tiniest Davidoff Classic i have ever seen (Ambassadrice i think its called 4.5 x 26)

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited. Must. Order. More.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Davidoff Anaversario No 3. Great even burn, great draw, just a great cigar all around!
    Just finished up a Monetcristo Reserve Negra, I got this in the DR 3 months ago, Im not typically a fan of non Cuban Monte's....I was trying to dump pesos on my last day and this stick was bought on appearance only, real nice looking wrapper and presentation, had some hopes this would be a nice stick....not so much...
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Just finished up a Monetcristo Reserve Negra, I got this in the DR 3 months ago, Im not typically a fan of non Cuban Monte's....I was trying to dump pesos on my last day and this stick was bought on appearance only, real nice looking wrapper and presentation, had some hopes this would be a nice stick....not so much...
    Had one at en event a few months back, did not like it at all. I tried my hardest to smoke it, but couldnt even get through half.
    zeebra:
    Diamondog:
    Had one at en event a few months back, did not like it at all. I tried my hardest to smoke it, but couldnt even get through half.
    I dumped towards the end of the 2nd 3rd...
  • Just had an Ave Maria and a Lot 23
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padron 64 natural Exclusivo. COld as &^% outside, but it was worth suffering through. Wrapper had some issues though. Seemed unusually thin/weak...
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Oliva Serie O
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP 92
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Diesel Unlimited. Must. Order. More.
    Same thing I'm smokin, same thing I'm thinkin!
    Back to work tomorrow finished up my 3 a days with a Diesel Unlimited...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    I smoked one of these a month or two ago, after ogling it for months. I have to say, my impression was much the same as yours.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Smoked a 5 Vegas limitada 2009..dry and spicy..very tasty puro.
    Had an LFD Airbender on my drive today...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a Tat Rex yesterday. I have to say it is one of the strongest cigars I've ever had. The first 1/3 is a huge pepper bomb with a smooth finish. Overall I need more of these. I aquired these in a trade and I have no idea how long they were sitting. I had this one sitting in my humi for like 2 weeks or so. To my surprise the strength of this cigar didn't let go after the first 1/3. Usually they mellow out but it continued to be a power stick. Even with the power it was very flavorful.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a Camacho 1962 Robusto yesterday. Very nice and pleasant afternoon cigar.