Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Just finished up a Camacho Triple Maddy...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Anejo shark courtesy of Greg (cabi)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Ashton ESG. So far I'm underwhelmed.
  • Finally found a Perdomo I actually like, the Perdomo 2 Limited Edition. Really liked the flavor.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    It's 32 with 3 inches of snow. I'll live to smoke another day.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    docedwards:
    pfft - sol1821 was out in -5 weather in shirts and a t-shirt smoking a diesel - get out there!!

• Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    xmacro:
    docedwards:
    pfft - sol1821 was out in -5 weather in shirts and a t-shirt smoking a diesel - get out there!!

But is it in celcius or farenheit?
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Dustin1981:
    xmacro:
    docedwards:

But is it in celcius or farenheit?
    Farenheit. Call me a wuss but I'm not that game.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    MOW Armada, last one I had from the COTM subscription. I really dig this stick - smooth, balanced, and very delicious; the flavors were there in spades, but they were always subdued, smooth, and balanced with each other - nothing ever really dominated, and nothing overwhelmed my palate. It's got some good power to it, but the body doesn't hit you - never once did I ever think it was over-powering. It wasn't until the nub that I felt anything, and even then, it was just a pleasant buzz that never made me sick at all. All in all, just a really nice stick.

I've been trying to think of how to describe my first one last night, this description is spot on, really enjoyed it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    zoom6zoom:

I have heard this a lot. I also hear that if it were a $10 cigar instead of a $20 cigar, it would be a lot more enjoyable. I have one resting. I'll be sure to do a full write up when I smoke it.

brotheradam:
    Finally found a Perdomo I actually like, the Perdomo 2 Limited Edition. Really liked the flavor.
    Have you had the Lot 23? I personally feel that it is the best Perdomo blend. It falls right in the medium category, with a good blend of woody, earthy, leathery, cedary, not too complex, and not too strong, but not mild blending.
    Diamondog:
    phobicsquirrel:
    docbp87:
    phobicsquirrel:

Had this tonight, a great way to start xmas weekend!
    What is this? The only Opus, with a red band. I've ever seen in a glass tube is from the old My Forbidden X .... Arturo Sandoval sets. If that's what this is... WOW. Nice.

Regardless, it looks fantastic.
    You seem to know more about it than me. I picked it up a few years ago. This was a pretty good stick. It started out with a bad burn but soon fixed itself. It took me a little over 2 hours to finish, maybe 2.25 or so. I have one I'd be willing to part with if your interested. Just shoot me a pm.
    This is the Forbidden X "Tubed" 6.25 x 48
    I'm pretty sure that the Forbidden X glass tube that doesn't have the Sandoval cedar sleeve has a black Forbidden X band, not the red band.

I'm thinking now that lcpleel is right. Also, you're a lucky ***, having one of those Sandoval Forbiddens. Awesome smokes. Also, your PC wallpaper looks familiar...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Enjoying Christmas night with a Cohiba ISOM. Not bad but not in my top 5.
  • docbp87:
    zoom6zoom:

I have heard this a lot. I also hear that if it were a $10 cigar instead of a $20 cigar, it would be a lot more enjoyable. I have one resting. I'll be sure to do a full write up when I smoke it.

brotheradam:
    Finally found a Perdomo I actually like, the Perdomo 2 Limited Edition. Really liked the flavor.
    Have you had the Lot 23? I personally feel that it is the best Perdomo blend. It falls right in the medium category, with a good blend of woody, earthy, leathery, cedary, not too complex, and not too strong, but not mild blending.
    I actually have had the Lot 23 two seperate times and didn't care for it either time.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    My first Kristoff Maduro, pretty taisty!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    firetruckguy:
    My first Kristoff Maduro, pretty taisty!
    Hells yeah.

Just finished up an Anejo shark...hope everyone had a great day!
    Diamondog:
    What year? I hear the 2010s are smoking better than usual for being so young.
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    I have had it in my humi for about 8 months and it came from soneone else's not sure how much time was on it in theirs....great stick...A box of the 2010's will be enroute next week...
  • I had a CAO Criollo. It was my first ever CAO and I must say that I really liked it. It was a Christmas gift from my boss. A co-worker gave me a Stradivarius. Thats going to sit in my humi until it warms up outside and I have time to enjoy it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    I had a CAO Criollo. It was my first ever CAO and I must say that I really liked it. It was a Christmas gift from my boss.
    better stock up now. CAO is now part of General cigar. im not sure how this will effect the quality but i dont see CAO as being the same as it always has.
    if you like em now, buy them now. they may or may not change.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    bigjohn125:
    I had a CAO Criollo. It was my first ever CAO and I must say that I really liked it. It was a Christmas gift from my boss.
    better stock up now. CAO is now part of General cigar. im not sure how this will effect the quality but i dont see CAO as being the same as it always has.
    Oh being part of General means they will change, weather it be in year 1,2 or 3 It will happen. For better or for worse, most likely worse. A little cut here a little trim in the budget there. And Voila another crappy cigar.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    I have had it in my humi for about 8 months and it came from soneone else's not sure how much time was on it in theirs....great stick...A box of the 2010's will be enroute next week...
    If this is the one you traded me a GoF for, its 13 months old.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley Prensado. Not feeling the AB love too much. Kinda surprised at how highly rated they are.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Didn't get a chance to have a Christmas cigar, but today I think I'll go out and try the Armada.
    dennisking:
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    If this is the one you traded me a GoF for, its 13 months old.
    Ya I got one from you and one from Joe, not sure which was which, both were fantastic...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    JDN Dark Corojo. This think whooped my ass! And i smoke a lot of full bodied stuff. Stronger than the regular Antano in my opinion and those are one of my favorite cigars. I got no sweet notes out of it though, dont know if it was a wierd stick or what but i was craving a touch of sweetness to balance everything else out. Set it down about 1/2 way through, ill get another one just to be sure.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    JDN Dark Corojo. This think whooped my ass! And i smoke a lot of full bodied stuff. Stronger than the regular Antano in my opinion and those are one of my favorite cigars. I got no sweet notes out of it though, dont know if it was a wierd stick or what but i was craving a touch of sweetness to balance everything else out. Set it down about 1/2 way through, ill get another one just to be sure.
    you were expecting sweetness out of it because it looks like a maduro.

this is not a true maduro. it is a dark Corojo. you should have got an "Autumn" flavor out of it.
    this cigars power reminds me of the JdN Antano from about 5 years ago. that cigar was so strong that i used to not like it because i was so new and that was so strong.
    i expect the Dark Corojo to age well. I just cant seem to get them to last in my humidor.
    Had an LFD cameroon cab lancero this morning, great stick...
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Had an LFD cameroon cab lancero this morning, great stick...
    This might be my favorite smoke! Such a great cigar. Thanks to Joe for turning me on to them. I'm going to buy a box as soon as I can find one for a decent price.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bigjohn125:
    no kidding I have to get a few boxes of Americas here real soon.