Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatuaje Black right now
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Ave Maria Crusader. I liked this size a lot more than the one I had in the sampler. This one was much more complex. I think I might actually replace the SCCC with this in my rotation. Really enjoyed it. Box worthy even.
    Indian tabac super fuerte
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    vegassparky:
    Going to try a macanudo cru royale next.
    I just smoked my first one last week at a local cigar lounge event and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Will definitely smoke more of these in the future.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have not had a cigar in days.

i need to break this trend.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Smoked a Gurkha Ninja and an Oliva G
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Yesterday had a La Herencia Cubana and a Gurkha Regent...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    i have not had a cigar in days.

i need to break this trend.

Me neither. Not since Saturday (or Sunday if you count the fact that I was smoking Saturday night into Sunday morning.) I probably won't have anything until tomorrow night.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RyJ maduro last night. Bitter chocolate/toast flavors that didn't change at all, but it was decent.

La Herencia Cubana this afternoon while finishing up my daughters home-made Christmas present.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    11:00am: Nub Cameroon

1:00pm: Montecristo Media Noche

3:00pm: Diesel Unholy Cocktail
    Today was a Sol Cub Cab and tonight I have an Oliva V hab....
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Been weeks for me. Weird day at work. Have a few hours off in the middle of the day. Smoking a T-52 Flying Pig. I would describe it as the T-52 blend on PCP. It's wild, and strong, and sort of out of control. Flavors are reallllllly bold, spicy, dark, sweet, to the Nth degree. Burn line is flawless for a perfecto. Draw is really easy too, despite being really dense, and firm. I cannot stress how good this cigar is.
    Had a 5 Vegas ltda 2k9 this morning with close to a year on it, a little age made this very enjoyable...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    @ taboo cigars enjoying a taboo connecticut. Had to start off lite. Good smoke tho.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    Had a 5 Vegas ltda 2k9 this morning with close to a year on it, a little age made this very enjoyable...
    I really need to give these another shot. Every single 5V limitada I've ever smoked has either tunneled so badly I had to put it out halfway through, or it was so plugged I couldn't smoke it. They also always get super bitter and gross at the halfway point. Not a good experience.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I had an Oliva Serie O habano today with about 14 months on it. It was pretty fantastic! I'm really glad I have a few more of those. I also had a Oliveros LTD that I bought when Jeff had a sale on them last October, so about 14 months on this one too. It was alright, nothing spectacular. It started out with almost no flavor but about half an inch in it was decent. There wasn't much flavor but what was there was was pretty good. I'll have to try another one soon and get a real opinion for them.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Had my very first Diesel, a d.x habano torpedo, it was delish! I then proceeded to get drunk as a skunk...it's 12:45 am, I'm out!
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    Had my very first Diesel, a d.x habano torpedo, it was delish! I then proceeded to get drunk as a skunk...it's 12:45 am, I'm out!
    I've noticed that if I have some cigars that I don't really care for, when I'm drunk they are so much better! I think you made the right choice though enjoying that amazing cigar before the booze took their toll. I sure wish I could have had access to booze while I was deployed. It would have helped the post-mission wind down a whole lot!
    RP 92.
    Just finished up an AB Tempus...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Holly Sh-t Wheelie! Wow I'm sorry buddy. Seems you are the second person that I have read about (and trust) that didn't have good things to say about the HMR. It is interesting as I've had every reserve from them and I will say that the art deco has the biggest amount of cognac flavor of them all. Second would be the platinum followed by the grand. The royal is off and on with the taste. Not sure what is going on but I've had 2 art decos thus far and they were both from different boxes.
    This morning I had an opus x shark!!!! I had ordered a couple from ccom and they are still in transit however yesterday I picked one up from a local shop and lit it up this morning. I have to say that I really think this stick is more lore, or shall we say over-rated. Now I enjoyed it, as I do all opus's. However I didn't notice all that much over any other opus I've had. A good stick but not worth the 20 plus bucks for the price.
    If it was from this year's release, then it was probably just too young. It seems to be generally accepted fact that Opus Xs need to sleep for a year or two before really hitting their stride. I have had plenty of them younger than that, but nothing that was less than 6-7 months, and the ones with a year+ on them were significantly better.
    You may be right, though I usually smoke opus's when I get them (at least one off the bat) and have usually enjoyed them. The only opus's I've had from the shop I felt were too young was a magnum and love affair from last year. The shark I had wasn't as bad but you may be right. Either way I'm sure most all opus's will be good after a year or two. Though I have noticed a difference year to year and an OR opus to those released today.
  • Just finishing a Hemingway Signature.. Plagued with burn issues but the B&M just got them.. Flavor is pretty good though.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    MoW special edition, some coffee, and a fire. Nice way to spend an afternoon.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Just finished up a Savinelli Rico y Raro double robusto. I've been really enjoying these lately, and for under $4 a stick they were definitely a good buy.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Oliva Serie V Robusto. Good smoke for a chilly day.
  • 5 vega Miami torp good smoke
    No luck posting an image unfortunately. Apparently it's not the right type of link :-(
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight I will broil a salmon filet, caught by my son off the coast of Alaska, pour a glass of Glenfiddich Single Malt, and smoke my first Armada. Happy Birthday to me!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Amos Umwhat:
    Tonight I will broil a salmon filet, caught by my son off the coast of Alaska, pour a glass of Glenfiddich Single Malt, and smoke my first Armada. Happy Birthday to me!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Amos Umwhat. Sounds like you have a great day plan going. You should love that Armada. Make sure you give yourself at least 2 full hours for that stick.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    JCizzle:
    I've noticed that if I have some cigars that I don't really care for, when I'm drunk they are so much better! I think you made the right choice though enjoying that amazing cigar before the booze took their toll. I sure wish I could have had access to booze while I was deployed. It would have helped the post-mission wind down a whole lot!
    It is nice to unwind once in a while. I have notice since I drink less out here my wallet is fatter and my pants fit looser lol.
    Light 'em up.