Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    bigharpoon:
    kuzi16:
    bigharpoon:
    5 Vegas Miami, serious burn problems. Thing was tighter than a drum for some reason. I think bum stick.
    how old was this stick?

when they are young they have a bunch of issues but as they age they get better.

i think this cigar will need 2-3 years to get it where i want it to be. im not too sure though because i have not hat them for that amount of time yet.
    It was about 4 months old, the youngest I've smoked so far. I've smoked some with a year on them and those were fine so hopefully it is just a case of not enough age, I'd like to order a box of toro's from the box deal going on.
    I want that box too man. Gotta see if I can scrape up the cash.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Had a Cain F tonight...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padron Palmas Maduro (6 1/6x42 Lonsdale). Probably my favorite size in the x000 series. I prefer the Natural, but got a fiver of these maduros for less than $15 (like $14.55 I think)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    La Aurora 107 corona with a glass of The Glenrothes Select Reserve sitting by my new fire pit during the Sunday night game. Cold night tonight, but it was worth it! Fantastic smoke!!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    smoked a Gurkha Cuban Legacy and an Onyx Reserve
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    La Aurora 107 corona with a glass of The Glenrothes Select Reserve sitting by my new fire pit during the Sunday night game. Cold night tonight, but it was worth it! Fantastic smoke!!
    I really like the 107. Very spicy......

Last night I had a Diesel Unlimited Robusto. Fantastic.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    I really like the 107. Very spicy......

Last night I had a Diesel Unlimited Robusto. Fantastic.
    I agree! Fantastic cigar and I love it in the Corona size. Sad it was my last one in the humi.
  • Diamondog:
    Had a Cain F tonight...

How do you like the Cain F Diamondog? I was thinking about picking up a couple to try out.

--
    I have a RP Decade with me for tonight after lunch (I'm night shift now). I really enjoy these.
    Had a Padilla Miami tonight, was as excited to test my new lighter out as I was to smoke my first stick of the day...neither disppointed...
    tommyspanky:
    Diamondog:
    Had a Cain F tonight...

How do you like the Cain F Diamondog? I was thinking about picking up a couple to try out.

--
    I have a RP Decade with me for tonight after lunch (I'm night shift now). I really enjoy these.
    Its a good stick, I only have a couple left but I would consider it a worthy regular rotation stick...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Cold as a MFer outside. Snow on the ground. Bundled up and killed a Monte 4.
    A CAO night..... Brazilia followed by a La Traviata Maduro.
    Opus X power ranger, great stick.
    Sandman1am:
    I got one in my humi I'm saving for Xmas..... Can't wait.
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    I got one in my humi I'm saving for Xmas..... Can't wait.
    I've got a few but mine will have to rest. I was putting the store that told me that they aged them a year before they sell them to the test. IMO this stick still needed a little more time but enjoyable still just not at it's prime. Thinking about doing a MOW Armada next.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas CSII. Ordered the deal afterwards I liked it so much.

Diesel Unlimited, my first one. Mother of God was that delicious!

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had an Arganese Uno Puro today while doing some homework. Very mild stick, nice aroma, not a ton of flavor. Actually perfect for doing homework, but not one I'll be seeking out more of.
    Just finished up an Intenso Toro with a glass of Pyrat XO Reserve rum. Nice smoke by a roaring fire tonight!!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Arturo Fuentes Cuban Corona..I've smoked many of these and they are always great. Earthy, nutty, kind of leathery. The burn was perfect on this one, and this corona went on for about an hour. It was exactly what I was looking for today. Probably my favorite from the Regular Fuentes line.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP vintage 92.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Perdomo 10th Champagne and an Oliveros XL Bold.
  • I had a Montecristo platinum sunday night. Terrible. Harsh. I really expected more out of a Monte. At least i got it pretty cheap.
    Had a CAO Sopranos tonight...
    Just finished up a JDN Classico that I got from my first movie trivia prize package from Duder and it was a great cigar! I believe it was a lonsdale. Paired it with a Sam Adams Winter Lager which I had never tried either. It wasn't really all that cold out tonight but I still built a fire and relaxed.

Next up was a HL maduro which was also a very nice cigar. The draw was a little tight but still had good flavor and a nice burn. Good night to wrap up my 3 days off!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Last night I got in a RP Sungrown and an Onyx while Christmas shopping. I didn't get much accomplished but sure had a good time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Just finished up a JDN Classico that I got from my first movie trivia prize package from Duder and it was a great cigar!
    interesting.

i had the same cigar yesterday. it was a bit mild compared to the rest of the brand but it was good. the name "classico" is appropriate for this cigar. it is a very "classic" cigar flavor. im becoming a bigger fan of JdN every day.

the other cigar i had yesterday was a J. Fuego origen. this is a decent cigar that isnt very complex. i feel that some age will mellow this a bit and bring out some hidden goodness in it.
  • Had Liga Pravada #9. Amazing stick. Just absolutely love that burnt toast, dark sweet chocolate and mocha coffee flavor! Not to mention perfect draw and burn. It's second best cigar I have ever smoked second only to Padron 1964 Anniversaire. Padron 1926 Anniversaire come in close third all time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    leejohnc:
    Had Liga Pravada #9. Amazing stick. Just absolutely love that burnt toast, dark sweet chocolate and mocha coffee flavor! Not to mention perfect draw and burn. It's second best cigar I have ever smoked second only to Padron 1964 Anniversaire. Padron 1926 Anniversaire come in close third all time.
    ...and age seems to bring out the coffee to me. if you like that note put some to bed for a year or two.
  • kuzi16:
    leejohnc:
    Had Liga Pravada #9. Amazing stick. Just absolutely love that burnt toast, dark sweet chocolate and mocha coffee flavor! Not to mention perfect draw and burn. It's second best cigar I have ever smoked second only to Padron 1964 Anniversaire. Padron 1926 Anniversaire come in close third all time.
    ...and age seems to bring out the coffee to me. if you like that note put some to bed for a year or two.

Smoked it two days off truck. Seemed they already aged it well before distribution. A year or two just may push it to my all time favorite... That is if I can keep it in my humi that long.
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    Just finished up a JDN Classico that I got from my first movie trivia prize package from Duder and it was a great cigar!
    interesting.

i had the same cigar yesterday. it was a bit mild compared to the rest of the brand but it was good. the name "classico" is appropriate for this cigar. it is a very "classic" cigar flavor. im becoming a bigger fan of JdN every day.

the other cigar i had yesterday was a J. Fuego origen. this is a decent cigar that isnt very complex. i feel that some age will mellow this a bit and bring out some hidden goodness in it.
    I agree entirely. It is much more mild than the other JDN blends, but nice flavors and a great cigar to kick back around a nice fire with.