Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    10 degrees above normal here today sooo. Actually enjoying a cigar while comfortable in Dec, that hasent happened since I moved away from my beloved Tampa, Fl. A 601 Blue roubusto with the new band.

I was skeptical about the changes for the 601 line. I can tell you aside from the band, same great cigar with superb construction. Densely packed and solid, heavey in the hand. Firm draw, not tight not loose just perfect! Razor sharp burn with tight, perfect ash. At 16$ a 5er what more do you want. Old bands were better but hey nothins perfect.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    After a late lunch I went to a bar near work and had a Oliva Serie G Maduro. Very good cigar. This is only my second one from the Oliva line. I have two more of these resting at home. Decent burn (had to make one correction, probably smoking too fast) and a good draw. Flavor were good. Lots of leather throughout with a little sweetness hitting every once in awhile. It seemed to be mild at first and got a bit srtonger as I got into it.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked my first and last Opus X. Last chance to smoke on American soil. I'll miss the good ol' US :(
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    wwhwang:
    Just smoked my first and last Opus X. Last chance to smoke on American soil. I'll miss the good ol' US :(
    Why last Opus? Didn't like?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    wwhwang:
    Oh. I love the Opus X. In fact, it's definitely on my top 5 now. It's just my only Opus X as I have a habit of giving them away to deploying soldiers (as a thank you gift, especially since I was in the Army) and one in my Jigsaw game.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano habano
  • Options
    Had a MOW R tonight...
  • Options
    Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Just finished a Macanudo Cru Royale..."Cru Royale featues an oily, deep brown Ecuadorian habano wrapper, Dominican binder, and filler made up of Dominican and Nicaraguan tobacco."
  • Options
    i had a La Perla Habana Black Pearl Cobre last night. Very nice. Smooth and creamy and not too mild tasting. I'm having a Nub camaroon tonight. I love these!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    Diamondog:
    wwhwang:
    Oh. I love the Opus X. In fact, it's definitely on my top 5 now. It's just my only Opus X as I have a habit of giving them away to deploying soldiers (as a thank you gift, especially since I was in the Army) and one in my Jigsaw game.
    I'm sure you'll have more opportunities in the future to smoke them...
  • Options
    BeastcigarBeastcigar Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Don pepin My Father.:) god I love these!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Beastcigar:
    + 1 on that!! Love the My Father!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    After a late lunch I went to a bar near work and had a Oliva Serie G Maduro. Very good cigar. This is only my second one from the Oliva line. I have two more of these resting at home. Decent burn (had to make one correction, probably smoking too fast) and a good draw. Flavor were good. Lots of leather throughout with a little sweetness hitting every once in awhile. It seemed to be mild at first and got a bit srtonger as I got into it.
    this is such a good value in the cigar world.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    Beastcigar:
    incredible stick. love them
  • Options
    fuentejps:
    Beastcigar:
    seriously, i dont know what is wrong with me. i havent tried them yet. My B&M always has em in.
    i gotta get my butt in gear
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a Private Stock Toro and a GH SLS3 toro yesterday.
  • Options
    Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Had a Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 Cigar...Definitely one of my favorites!!!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    In front of the space heater enjoying a RP OWR Mad.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished a diesel shorty
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    fuentejps:
    Beastcigar:
    seriously, i dont know what is wrong with me. i havent tried them yet. My B&M always has em in.
    Yea you need to give these a shot Kuz. The original is great and the 1922 Le Bijou with the oscuro wrapper is damn good as well.
  • Options
    Had a Black Pearl tonight....enjoyable stick...
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Had a Black Pearl tonight....enjoyable stick...
    I had one the other night and liked it as well
  • Options
    been on a J. Fuego 777 corojo kick so i had one of those today.
    on top of that i also had a Vegas Cubanas by Don Pepin Garcia.
    i got that cigar from J0z3r in the MAW.
    this was a decent cigar. it has a bit of DPG's blending style but it was a bit less complex than some of his other stuff. im not mad at it though. come summer time ill have a good 6 months or so on it and ill see how the other one does.
    maybe ill get some right from the factory when im at the My Father Factory in Nicaragua come January.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Celebrated my new job tonight with a Padilla Miami original DPG blend that Sightunseen hooked me up with earlier this year. I took notes and will post a review soon :^)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Enjoyed a nice ccom sun grown label this morning ater I got off work while I was shoveling out my driveway and walkway.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    fuentejps:
    Beastcigar:
    You are not the only one. I haven't had them yet either.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    La Aurora 107 Lancero (review up after dinner) superb medium stick
  • Options
    I had a Perdomo Reserve not bad for the price. Wish it was more full body though.
  • Options
    jet057jet057 Posts: 30
    Right now i'm getting ready to fire up a SANCHO PANZA SUPER FUERTE in a MADRID -SIZE,I love this smoke,freakin tastey dudes,uummm...felix navida to all...caio.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    JDN Gran Consul and Camacho Liberty 2010...JDN was good as usual, had some burn issues with the liberty, not sure what was going on there...